Artificial Neural Networks and risk stratification models in Emergency Departments: The policy maker's perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vandoros, Sotiris & Stargardt, Tom, 2013. "Reforms in the Greek pharmaceutical market during the financial crisis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 1-6.
- Greta Falavigna, 2008. "New contents and perspectives in the risk analysis of enterprises," International Journal of Business Performance Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(2/3), pages 136-173.
- Quaglio, GianLuca & Karapiperis, Theodoros & Van Woensel, Lieve & Arnold, Elleke & McDaid, David, 2013. "Austerity and health in Europe," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 13-19.
- De Vos, Pol & Orduñez-García, Pedro & Santos-Peña, Moisés & Van der Stuyft, Patrick, 2010. "Public hospital management in times of crisis: Lessons learned from Cienfuegos, Cuba (1996-2008)," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 64-71, June.
- Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F., 2004. "Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 33-48, October.
- Olmeda, Ignacio & Fernandez, Eugenio, 1997. "Hybrid Classifiers for Financial Multicriteria Decision Making: The Case of Bankruptcy Prediction," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 10(4), pages 317-335, November.
- Cheng, Amy H.Y. & Sutherland, Jason M., 2013. "British Columbia's pay-for-performance experiment: Part of the solution to reduce emergency department crowding?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 86-92.
- White, Joseph, 2013. "Budget-makers and health care systems," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 163-171.
- de Andres, Javier & Landajo, Manuel & Lorca, Pedro, 2005. "Forecasting business profitability by using classification techniques: A comparative analysis based on a Spanish case," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 518-542, December.
- McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria, 2000. "Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 157-184, October.
- Lee, Albert & Hazlett, Clarke B. & Chow, S. & Lau, Fei-lung & Kam, Chak-wah & Wong, Patrick & Wong, Tai-wai, 2003. "How to minimize inappropriate utilization of Accident and Emergency Departments: improve the validity of classifying the general practice cases amongst the A&E attendees," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 159-168, November.
- Harper, Paul R., 2005. "A review and comparison of classification algorithms for medical decision making," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 315-331, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEmergency Departments (ED); Risk stratification; Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs); Syncope; Hospital admission;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:120:y:2016:i:1:p:111-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.