Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mike Drummond, 1991. "Australian guidelines for cost-effectiveness studies of pharmaceuticals: the thin end of the boomerang?," Working Papers 088chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Elsinga, Einte & Rutten, Frans F. H., 1997. "Economic evaluation in support of national health policy: The case of the Netherlands," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 605-620, August.
- Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A., 2000. "On the economic foundations of CEA. Ladies and gentlemen, take your positions!," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 439-459, July.
- Eugene M. Laska & Morris Meisner & Carole Siegel & Aaron A. Stinnett, 1999. "Ratio-based and net benefit-based approaches to health care resource allocation: proofs of optimality and equivalence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 171-174.
- Lyles, Alan & Luce, Bryan R. & Rentz, Anne M., 1997. "Managed care pharmacy, socioeconomic assessments and drug adoption decisions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 511-521, August.
- Cookson, Richard, 2000. "Incorporating psycho-social considerations into health valuation: an experimental study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 369-401, May.
- Alan Williams, 1997. "Intergenerational Equity: An Exploration of the 'Fair Innings' Argument," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 117-132.
- Weinstein, Milton & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1973. "Critical ratios and efficient allocation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 147-157, April.
- Ross, Jayne, 1995. "The use of economic evaluation in health care: Australian decision makers' perceptions," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 103-110, February.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1992. "Cost effectiveness/utility analyses : Do current decision rules lead us to where we want to be?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 279-296, October.
- Birch, Stephen & Donaldson, Cam, 1987. "Applications of cost-benefit analysis to health care : Departures from welfare economic theory," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 211-225, September.
- Sugden, Robert & Williams, Alan, 1978. "The Principles of Practical Cost-Benefit Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198770411.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1993. "Changing the problem to fit the solution: Johannesson and Weinstein's (mis) application of economics to real world problems," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-476, December.
- Stolk, Elly A. & Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Busschbach, Jan J. V., 2002. "Rationalising rationing: economic and other considerations in the debate about funding of Viagra," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 53-63, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tarricone, Rosanna, 2006. "Cost-of-illness analysis: What room in health economics?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 51-63, June.
- Douw, Karla & Vondeling, Hindrik & Oortwijn, Wija, 2006. "Priority setting for horizon scanning of new health technologies in Denmark: Views of health care stakeholders and health economists," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 334-345, May.
- Michael E. Otim & Augustine D. Asante & Margaret Kelaher & Ian P. Anderson & Stephen Jan, 2016. "Acceptability of programme budgeting and marginal analysis as a tool for routine priority setting in Indigenous health," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 277-295, July.
- repec:spr:pharmo:v:2:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s41669-017-0036-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brousselle, Astrid & Lessard, Chantale, 2011. "Economic evaluation to inform health care decision-making: Promise, pitfalls and a proposal for an alternative path," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(6), pages 832-839, March.
- Pedram Sendi, 2008. "Bridging the gap between health and non-health investments: moving from cost-effectiveness analysis to a return on investment approach across sectors of economy," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 113-121, June.
- Gregory Merlo & Katie Page & Julie Ratcliffe & Kate Halton & Nicholas Graves, 2015. "Bridging the Gap: Exploring the Barriers to Using Economic Evidence in Healthcare Decision Making and Strategies for Improving Uptake," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 303-309, June.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:36:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s40273-017-0586-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Iestyn & Bryan, Stirling, 2007. "Understanding the limited impact of economic evaluation in health care resource allocation: A conceptual framework," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 135-143, January.
- Karin Cerri & Martin Knapp & Jose-Luis Fernandez, 2014. "Public funding of pharmaceuticals in the Netherlands: investigating the effect of evidence, process and context on CVZ decision-making," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(7), pages 681-695, September.
- Gugushvili, Alexi, 2007. "The advantages and disadvantages of needs-based resource allocation in integrated health systems and market systems of health care provider reimbursement," MPRA Paper 3354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Casagranda, Ivo & Costantino, Giorgio & Falavigna, Greta & Furlan, Raffaello & Ippoliti, Roberto, 2016. "Artificial Neural Networks and risk stratification models in Emergency Departments: The policy maker's perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 111-119.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:70:y:2004:i:1:p:33-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.