Budgetary policies and available actions: A generalisation of decision rules for allocation and research decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Claire McKenna & Zaid Chalabi & David Epstein & Karl Claxton, 2008. "Budgetary policies and available actions: a generalisation of decision rules for allocation and research decisions," Working Papers 044cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eugene M. Laska & Morris Meisner & Carole Siegel & Aaron A. Stinnett, 1999. "Ratio-based and net benefit-based approaches to health care resource allocation: proofs of optimality and equivalence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 171-174.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Weinstein, Milton C., 1993. "On the decision rules of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 459-467, December.
- Elisabeth Fenwick & Karl Claxton & Mark Sculpher, 2001. "Representing uncertainty: the role of cost-effectiveness acceptability curves," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(8), pages 779-787.
- Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen, 2003. "Optimizing a portfolio of health care programs in the presence of uncertainty and constrained resources," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(11), pages 2207-2215, December.
- Chalabi, Zaid & Epstein, David & McKenna, Claire & Claxton, Karl, 2008. "Uncertainty and value of information when allocating resources within and between healthcare programmes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 530-539, December.
- Elamin H. Elbasha & Mark L. Messonnier, 2004. "Cost-effectiveness analysis and health care resource allocation: decision rules under variable returns to scale," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 21-35.
- Claxton, Karl, 1999. "The irrelevance of inference: a decision-making approach to the stochastic evaluation of health care technologies," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 341-364, June.
- Brandeau, Margaret L. & Zaric, Gregory S. & Richter, Anke, 2003. "Resource allocation for control of infectious diseases in multiple independent populations: beyond cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 575-598, July.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1992. "Cost effectiveness/utility analyses : Do current decision rules lead us to where we want to be?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 279-296, October.
- Leung, Stephen C.H. & Tsang, Sally O.S. & Ng, W.L. & Wu, Yue, 2007. "A robust optimization model for multi-site production planning problem in an uncertain environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 224-238, August.
- Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen, 2006. "Incremental cost-effectiveness ratios (ICERs): The silence of the lambda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(9), pages 2091-2100, May.
- Stinnett, Aaron A. & Paltiel, A. David, 1996. "Mathematical programming for the efficient allocation of health care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 641-653, October.
- Azondekon, Sebastien H. & Martel, Jean-Marc, 1999. ""Value" of additional information in multicriterion analysis under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 45-62, August.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1993. "Changing the problem to fit the solution: Johannesson and Weinstein's (mis) application of economics to real world problems," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-476, December.
- Karl Claxton & Mark Sculpher & Chris McCabe & Andrew Briggs & Ron Akehurst & Martin Buxton & John Brazier & Tony O'Hagan, 2005. "Probabilistic sensitivity analysis for NICE technology assessment: not an optional extra," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 339-347.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40258-017-0305-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kurth, Margaret & Keisler, Jeffrey M. & Bates, Matthew E. & Bridges, Todd S. & Summers, Jeffrey & Linkov, Igor, 2017. "A portfolio decision analysis approach to support energy research and development resource allocation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 128-135.
- Nadia Demarteau & Thomas Breuer & Baudouin Standaert, 2012. "Selecting a Mix of Prevention Strategies against Cervical Cancer for Maximum Efficiency with an Optimization Program," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 337-353, April.
More about this item
KeywordsAllocation decisions Cost-effectiveness analysis Research decisions Stochastic mathematical programming Decision analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:29:y:2010:i:1:p:170-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .