Development of WHO guidelines on generalized cost‐effectiveness analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Werner B. F. Brouwer & Marc A. Koopmanschap & Frans F. H. Rutten, 1997. "Productivity Costs Measurement Through Quality of Life? A Response to the Recommendation of the Washington Panel," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 253-259, May.
- Alan Williams, 1997. "Intergenerational Equity: An Exploration of the 'Fair Innings' Argument," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 117-132.
- Birch, Stephen & Donaldson, Cam, 1987. "Cost-benefit analysis: Dealing with the problems of indivisible projects and fixed budgets," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 61-72, February.
- Baltussen, Rob & Ament, Andre & Leidl, Reiner, 1996. "Making cost assessments based on RCTs more useful to decision-makers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 163-183, September.
- Blumstein, James F., 1997. "The Oregon experiment: The role of cost-benefit analysis in the allocation of Medicaid funds," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 545-554, August.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1994. "Cost-effectiveness ratios: in a league of their own," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 133-141, May.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1992. "Cost effectiveness/utility analyses : Do current decision rules lead us to where we want to be?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 279-296, October.
- Rovira, Joan, 1994. "Standardizing economic appraisal of health technology in the European community," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1675-1678, June.
- Kevin Schulman & Jennifer Burke & Michael Drummond & Linda Davies & Per Carlsson & Jans Gruger & Anthony Harris & Carlo Lucioni & Ramon Gisbert & Ted Llana & Eric Tom & Bernard Bloom & Richard Willke , 1998. "Resource costing for multinational neurologic clinical trials: methods and results," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 629-638, November.
- Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter, 1995. "Maximizing health benefits vs egalitarianism: An Australian survey of health issues," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1429-1437, November.
- Stinnett, Aaron A. & Paltiel, A. David, 1996. "Mathematical programming for the efficient allocation of health care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 641-653, October.
- Drummond, Michael & Mason, James & Torrance, George, 1995. "Cost-effectiveness league tables: think of the fans," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 231-238, March.
- Eugene M. Laska & Morris Meisner & Carole Siegel, 1997. "The usefulness of average cost‐effectiveness ratios," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 497-504, September.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Weinstein, Milton C., 1993. "On the decision rules of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 459-467, December.
- Andre Ament & Rob Baltussen, 1997. "The Interpretation of results of economic evaluation: explicating the value of health," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 625-635, November.
- Bossert, Walter, 1998. "Welfarism and rationalizability in allocation problems with indivisibilities1," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 133-150, March.
- Alan M. Garber, 1999. "Advances in Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Health Interventions," NBER Working Papers 7198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karlsson, Göran & Johannesson, Magnus, 1998. "Cost-effectiveness analysis and capital costs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1183-1191, May.
- Joanna Siegel & George Torrance & Louise Russell & Bryan Luce & Milton Weinstein & Marthe Gold, 1997. "Guidelines for Pharmacoeconomic Studies," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 159-168, February.
- Jean‐François Baladi & Devidas Menon & Nicolaas Otten, 1998. "Use of economic evaluation guidelines: 2 years' experience in Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 221-227, May.
- Drummond, Michael & Torrance, George & Mason, James, 1993. "Cost-effectiveness league tables: More harm than good?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 33-40, July.
- Richard J. Willke & Henry A. Glick & Daniel Polsky & Kevin Schulman, 1998. "Estimating country‐specific cost‐effectiveness from multinational clinical trials," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 481-493, September.
- Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram, 1993. "Changing the problem to fit the solution: Johannesson and Weinstein's (mis) application of economics to real world problems," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-476, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Razavi, S. Donya & Kapiriri, Lydia & Wilson, Michael & Abelson, Julia, 2020. "Applying priority-setting frameworks: A review of public and vulnerable populations’ participation in health-system priority setting," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 133-142.
- Rutten, Frans & Bleichrodt, Han & Brouwer, Werner & Koopmanschap, Marc & Schut, Erik, 2001. "Handbook of Health Economics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 855-879, September.
- Raymond C. W. Hutubessy & Louis W. Niessen & Rob F. Dijkstra & Ton F. Casparie & Frans F. Rutten, 2005. "Stochastic league tables: an application to diabetes interventions in the Netherlands," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 445-455, May.
- Michaël Schwarzinger & Jean‐Louis Lanoë & Erik Nord & Isabelle Durand‐Zaleski, 2004. "Lack of multiplicative transitivity in person trade‐off responses," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 171-181, February.
- Raymond C.W. Hutubessy & Rob M.P.M. Baltussen & David B. Evans & Jan J. Barendregt & Christopher J.L. Murray, 2001. "Stochastic league tables: communicating cost‐effectiveness results to decision‐makers," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 473-477, July.
- Milton C. Weinstein, 2012. "Decision Rules for Incremental Cost-effectiveness Analysis," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 47, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kapiriri, Lydia & Razavi, Donya, 2017. "How have systematic priority setting approaches influenced policy making? A synthesis of the current literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(9), pages 937-946.
- Rob Baltussen & Elly Stolk & Dan Chisholm & Moses Aikins, 2006. "Towards a multi‐criteria approach for priority setting: an application to Ghana," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(7), pages 689-696, July.
- Mei-Chuan Hung & Hsin-Ming Lu & Likwang Chen & Ming-Shian Lin & Cheng-Ren Chen & Chong-Jen Yu & Jung-Der Wang, 2012. "Cost per QALY (Quality-Adjusted Life Year) and Lifetime Cost of Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation in Taiwan," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(9), pages 1-10, September.
- Bin Wu & Alisa Wilson & Fang-fang Wang & Su-li Wang & Daniel J Wallace & Michael H Weisman & Liang-jing Lu, 2012. "Cost Effectiveness of Different Treatment Strategies in the Treatment of Patients with Moderate to Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis in China," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(10), pages 1-11, October.
- Shepherd, Keith D. & Shepherd, Gemma & Walsh, Markus G., 2015. "Land health surveillance and response: A framework for evidence-informed land management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 93-106.
- Bin Wu & Baijun Dong & Yuejuan Xu & Qiang Zhang & Jinfang Shen & Huafeng Chen & Wei Xue, 2012. "Economic Evaluation of First-Line Treatments for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in A Health Resource–Limited Setting," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(3), pages 1-13, March.
- Nuti, Sabina & Vainieri, Milena & Bonini, Anna, 2010. "Disinvestment for re-allocation: A process to identify priorities in healthcare," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(2-3), pages 137-143, May.
- Lai, Taavi & Habicht, Jarno & Reinap, Marge & Chisholm, Dan & Baltussen, Rob, 2007. "Costs, health effects and cost-effectiveness of alcohol and tobacco control strategies in Estonia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 75-88, November.
- Siying Wang & Liubao Peng & Jianhe Li & Xiaohui Zeng & Lihui Ouyang & Chongqing Tan & Qiong Lu, 2013. "A Trial-Based Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Erlotinib Alone versus Platinum-Based Doublet Chemotherapy as First-Line Therapy for Eastern Asian Nonsquamous Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(3), pages 1-9, March.
- Stephen Resch & Eline Korenromp & John Stover & Matthew Blakley & Carleigh Krubiner & Kira Thorien & Robert Hecht & Rifat Atun, 2011. "Economic Returns to Investment in AIDS Treatment in Low and Middle Income Countries," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(10), pages 1-9, October.
- Samia Laokri & Maxime Koiné Drabo & Olivier Weil & Benoît Kafando & Sary Mathurin Dembélé & Bruno Dujardin, 2013. "Patients Are Paying Too Much for Tuberculosis: A Direct Cost-Burden Evaluation in Burkina Faso," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(2), pages 1-6, February.
- Ezzati, Majid & Kammen, Daniel M., 2002. "Evaluating the health benefits of transitions in household energy technologies in Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 815-826, August.
- Llanos, Adolfo & Hertrampf, Eva & Cortes, Fanny & Pardo, Andrea & Grosse, Scott D. & Uauy, Ricardo, 2007. "Cost-effectiveness of a folic acid fortification program in Chile," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2-3), pages 295-303, October.
- David B. Evans & Dan Chisholm & Tessa Tan-Torres Edejer, 2012. "Generalized Cost-effectiveness Analysis: Principles and Practice," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 48, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Baltussen, Rob & Youngkong, Sitapon & Paolucci, Francesco & Niessen, Louis, 2010. "Multi-criteria decision analysis to prioritize health interventions: Capitalizing on first experiences," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 262-264, August.
- Gonzalo M Vazquez-Prokopec & Cynthia Spillmann & Mario Zaidenberg & Uriel Kitron & Ricardo E Gürtler, 2009. "Cost-Effectiveness of Chagas Disease Vector Control Strategies in Northwestern Argentina," PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, Public Library of Science, vol. 3(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F., 2011. "Incorporating concerns for equal lifetime health in evaluations of public health programs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(10), pages 1711-1716, May.
- Baltussen, Rob, 2006. "Priority setting of public spending in developing countries: Do not try to do everything for everybody," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(2-3), pages 149-156, October.
- Hyder, Adnan A. & Aggarwal, Anju, 2009. "The increasing burden of injuries in Eastern Europe and Eurasia: Making the case for safety investments," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 1-13, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:235-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.