The advantages and disadvantages of needs-based resource allocation in integrated health systems and market systems of health care provider reimbursement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eyles, J. & Birch, S. & Chambers, S. & Hurley, J. & Hutchison, B., 1991. "A needs-based methodology for allocating health care resources in Ontario, Canada: Development and an application," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 489-500, January.
- Adam Oliver, 2005. "The English National Health Service: 1979-2005," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 75-99.
- Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F., 2004. "Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 33-48, October.
- Agota Szende & Zsolt Mogyorosy, 2004. "Health care provider payment mechanisms in the new EU members of Central Europe and the Baltic states," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 5(3), pages 259-262, September.
- van de ven, Wynand P. M. M., 1996. "Market-oriented health care reforms: Trends and future options," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 655-666, September.
- Litaker, David & Love, Thomas Ezra, 2005. "Health care resource allocation and individuals' health care needs: examining the degree of fit," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 183-193, August.
- Williams, Iestyn & Bryan, Stirling, 2007. "Understanding the limited impact of economic evaluation in health care resource allocation: A conceptual framework," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 135-143, January.
- Manning, Willard G. & Marquis, M. Susan, 1996. "Health insurance: The tradeoff between risk pooling and moral hazard," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 609-639, October.
- Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M., 2004. "Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 55-72, July.
- Greer Gay, E. & Kronenfeld, Jennie J., 1990. "Regulation, retrenchment-- The DRG experience: Problems from changing reimbursemwnt practice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1103-1118, January.
- Nigel Rice & Paul Dixon & David Lloyd & David Roberts, 1999. "Derivation of a needs based capitation formula for allocation prescribing budgets," Working Papers 034cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Arthur Midwinter, 2002. "Territorial Resource Allocation in the UK: A Rejoinder on Needs Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 563-567.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth systems; Resource allocation; Health care needs; Marketisation of health;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .