The Impact of Private Hospital Insurance on the Utilization of Hospital Care In Australia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Damien S. Eldridge & Ilke Onur & Malathi Velamuri, 2017. "The impact of private hospital insurance on the utilization of hospital care in Australia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(1), pages 78-95, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terence Chai Cheng, 2011.
"Measuring the Effects of Removing Subsidies for Private Insurance on Public Expenditure for Health Care,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2011n26, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Chai Cheng, T., 2011. "Measuring the effects of removing subsidies for private insurance on public expenditure for health care," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/32, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Sylvia Dixon & David Maré, 2007.
"Understanding changes in Māori incomes and income inequality 1997–2003,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(3), pages 571-598, July.
- Sylvia Dixon & David C. Maré, 2004. "Understanding Changes in Maori Incomes and Income Equality 1997-2003," Working Papers 04_12, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Sylvia Dixon & David C Maré, 2005. "Understanding Changes in Mâori Incomes and Income Inequality 1997-2003," Labor and Demography 0509004, EconWPA.
- Randall Ellis & Elizabeth Savage, 2008. "Run for cover now or later? The impact of premiums, threats and deadlines on private health insurance in Australia," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 257-277, December.
- Jane Hall & Richard De Abreu Lourenco & Rosalie Viney, 1999. "Carrots and sticks-the fall and fall of private health insurance in Australia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(8), pages 653-660.
- Chai Cheng, T & Vahid, F, 2010.
"Demand for hospital care and private health insurance in a mixed publicprivate system: empirical evidence using a simultaneous equation modeling approach,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
10/25, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Terence Chai Cheng & Farshid Vahid, 2011. "Demand for Hospital Care and Private Health Insurance in a Mixed Public–Private System: Empirical Evidence Using a Simultaneous Equation Modeling Approach," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n22, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Vaithianathan, Rhema, 2002. "Will Subsidising Private Health Insurance Help the Public Health System?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(242), pages 277-283, September.
- Savage, Elizabeth & Wright, Donald J., 2003. "Moral hazard and adverse selection in Australian private hospitals: 1989-1990," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 331-359, May.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Denzil Fiebig & Elizabeth Savage & Rosalie Viney, 2006. "Does the reason for buying health insurance influence behaviour? CHERE Working Paper 2006/1," Working Papers 2006/1, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Francesca Colombo & Nicole Tapay, 2003. "Private Health Insurance in Australia: A Case Study," OECD Health Working Papers 8, OECD Publishing.
- Garry F. Barrett & Robert Conlon, 2003. "Adverse Selection and the Decline in Private Health Insurance Coverage in Australia: 1989-95," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 279-296, September.
- Jacob Nielsen Arendt & Anders Holm, 2006. "Probit Models with Binary Endogenous Regressors," CAM Working Papers 2006-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Manning, Willard G. & Marquis, M. Susan, 1996. "Health insurance: The tradeoff between risk pooling and moral hazard," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 609-639, October.
- A. C. Cameron & P. K. Trivedi & Frank Milne & J. Piggott, 1988. "A Microeconometric Model of the Demand for Health Care and Health Insurance in Australia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 85-106.
- Mingshan Lu & Elizabeth Savage, 2006. "Do financial incentives for supplementary private health insurance reduce pressure on the public system? Evidence from Australia, CHERE Working Paper 2006/11," Working Papers 2006/11, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jeff DeSimone, 2002. "Illegal Drug Use and Employment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(4), pages 952-977, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yan Meng & Xueyan Zhao & Xibin Zhang & Jiti Gao, 2017. "A panel data analysis of hospital variations in length of stay for hip replacements: Private versus public," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 20/17, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Insurance; Health Care Consumption; Moral Hazard;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2013-07-05 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HEA-2013-07-05 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2013-07-05 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trb:wpaper:2013.03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Scoglio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sblatau.html .