Cost-of-illness analysis: What room in health economics?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton C. Weinstein & Donald S. Shepard & Joseph S. Pliskin, 1980. "The Economic Value of Changing Mortality Probabilities: A Decision-Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 373-396.
- Glied, S., 1996. "Estimating the indirect cost of illness: An assessment of the forgone earnings approach," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 86(12), pages 1723-1728.
- M. Raikou & A. Briggs & A. Gray & A. McGuire, 2000. "Centre‐specific or average unit costs in multi‐centre studies? Some theory and simulation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 191-198, April.
- Tarricone, Rosanna & Gerzeli, S. & Montanelli, R. & Frattura, Lucilla & Percudani, Mauro & Racagni, Giorgio, 2000. "Direct and indirect costs of schizophrenia in community psychiatric services in Italy: The GISIES study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin, 1992. "Towards a new approach for estimating indirect costs of disease," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1005-1010, May.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Jonsson, Bengt, 1991. "Economic evaluation in health care: Is there a role for cost-benefit analysis?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken, 1996. "Costs of mental illness in Britain," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Mishan, E J, 1971. "Evaluation of Life and Limb: A Theoretical Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 687-705, July-Aug..
- Murphy, Martin, 1978. "The Value of Nonmarket Household Production: Opportunity Cost versus Market Cost Estimates," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 24(3), pages 243-255, September.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Touw, Karien C. R. & Rutten, Frans F. H., 2001. "Analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness in multinational trials," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 175-186, November.
- Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F., 2004. "Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 33-48, October.
- Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam, 1987. "Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 317-323, December.
- Kevin Schulman & Jennifer Burke & Michael Drummond & Linda Davies & Per Carlsson & Jans Gruger & Anthony Harris & Carlo Lucioni & Ramon Gisbert & Ted Llana & Eric Tom & Bernard Bloom & Richard Willke , 1998. "Resource costing for multinational neurologic clinical trials: methods and results," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 629-638, November.
- Selma J. Mushkin, 1962. "Health as an Investment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 129-129.
- Jan Abel Olsen & Richard D. Smith, 2001. "Theory versus practice: a review of ‘willingness‐to‐pay’ in health and health care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 39-52, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:77:y:2006:i:1:p:51-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.