Cost-of-illness analysis: What room in health economics?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Milton C. Weinstein & Donald S. Shepard & Joseph S. Pliskin, 1980. "The Economic Value of Changing Mortality Probabilities: A Decision-Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 373-396.
- M. Raikou & A. Briggs & A. Gray & A. McGuire, 2000. "Centre-specific or average unit costs in multi-centre studies? Some theory and simulation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 191-198.
- Tarricone, Rosanna & Gerzeli, S. & Montanelli, R. & Frattura, Lucilla & Percudani, Mauro & Racagni, Giorgio, 2000. "Direct and indirect costs of schizophrenia in community psychiatric services in Italy: The GISIES study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin, 1992. "Towards a new approach for estimating indirect costs of disease," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1005-1010, May.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Jonsson, Bengt, 1991. "Economic evaluation in health care: Is there a role for cost-benefit analysis?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken, 1996. "Costs of mental illness in Britain," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Mishan, E J, 1971. "Evaluation of Life and Limb: A Theoretical Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 687-705, July-Aug..
- Murphy, Martin, 1978. "The Value of Nonmarket Household Production: Opportunity Cost versus Market Cost Estimates," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 24(3), pages 243-255, September.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Touw, Karien C. R. & Rutten, Frans F. H., 2001. "Analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness in multinational trials," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 175-186, November.
- Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F., 2004. "Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 33-48, October.
- Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam, 1987. "Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 317-323, December.
- Kevin Schulman & Jennifer Burke & Michael Drummond & Linda Davies & Per Carlsson & Jans Gruger & Anthony Harris & Carlo Lucioni & Ramon Gisbert & Ted Llana & Eric Tom & Bernard Bloom & Richard Willke , 1998. "Resource costing for multinational neurologic clinical trials: methods and results," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 629-638.
- Selma J. Mushkin, 1962. "Health as an Investment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 129-129.
- Jan Abel Olsen & Richard D. Smith, 2001. "Theory versus practice: a review of 'willingness-to-pay' in health and health care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 39-52.