Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huttin, Christine, 1994. "The use of prescription charges," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Relles, Daniel A. & Rolph, John E., 1977. "The choice between family and individual deductibles in health insurance policies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 220-227, December.
- Feldman, Roger & Dowd, Bryan, 1991. "Must adverse selection cause premium spirals?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 349-357, October.
- Pauly, Mark V, 1986. "Taxation, Health Insurance, and Market Failure in the Medical Economy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 629-675, June.
- Marquis, M. Susan, 1992. "Adverse selection with a multiple choice among health insurance plans: A simulation analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 129-151, August.
- Wolfe, John R. & Goddeeris, John H., 1991. "Adverse selection, moral hazard, and wealth effects in the medigap insurance market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 433-459.
- Marquis, M Susan & Phelps, Charles E, 1987. "Price Elasticity and Adverse Selection in the Demand for Supplementary Health Insurance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(2), pages 299-313, April.
- Leibowitz, Arleen & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 1985. "The demand for prescription drugs as a function of cost-sharing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1063-1069, January.
- O'Brien, Bernie, 1989. "The effect of patient charges on the utilisation of prescription medicines," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 109-132, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Randall M. Packard, 2009. ""Roll Back Malaria, Roll in Development"? Reassessing the Economic Burden of Malaria," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 35(1), pages 53-87.
- Shiell, Alan & Law, Matthew G, 2001. "The cost of hepatitis C and the cost-effectiveness of its prevention," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 121-131, November.
- Simon Wieser & Bruno Horisberger & Sara Schmidhauser & Claudia Eisenring & Urs Brügger & Andreas Ruckstuhl & Jürg Dietrich & Anne Mannion & Achim Elfering & Özgür Tamcan & Urs Müller, 2011. "Cost of low back pain in Switzerland in 2005," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(5), pages 455-467, October.
- Belaya, Vera & Hansen, Heiko & Pinior, Beate, 2012. "Measuring The Costs Of Foodborne Diseases: A Review And Classification Of The Literature," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 138195, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Allison Larg & John Moss, 2011. "Cost-of-Illness Studies," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 29(8), pages 653-671, August.
- Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2012.
"The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-230.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2010. "The Medical Care Costs of Obesity: An Instrumental Variables Approach," NBER Working Papers 16467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Knai, Cecile & Suhrcke, Marc & Lobstein, Tim, 2007. "Obesity in Eastern Europe: An overview of its health and economic implications," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 392-408, December.
- Tarricone, Rosanna, 2006. "Cost-of-illness analysis: What room in health economics?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 51-63, June.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40258-017-0346-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gavin Mooney & Virginia Wiseman, 2000. "Burden of disease and priority setting," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 369-372.
- Douglas Coyle, 1993. "Increasing the impact of economic evaluations on health care decision-making," Working Papers 108chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Ebere Akobundu & Jing Ju & Lisa Blatt & C. Mullins, 2006. "Cost-of-Illness Studies," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 24(9), pages 869-890, September.
- Björn Stollenwerk & Thomas Welchowski & Matthias Vogl & Stephanie Stock, 2016. "Cost-of-illness studies based on massive data: a prevalence-based, top-down regression approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(3), pages 235-244, April.
- Eberechukwu Onukwugha & Jacquelyn McRae & Alex Kravetz & Stefan Varga & Rahul Khairnar & C. Daniel Mullins, 2016. "Cost-of-Illness Studies: An Updated Review of Current Methods," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Donaldson, Cam, 1995. "Economics, public health and health care purchasing: reinventing the wheel?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 79-90, August.
- Eberechukwu Onukwugha & Jacquelyn McRae & Alex Kravetz & Stefan Varga & Rahul Khairnar & C. Mullins, 2016. "Cost-of-Illness Studies: An Updated Review of Current Methods," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Wiseman, Virginia & Mooney, Gavin, 1998. "SOUNDING BOARD: Burden of illness estimates for priority setting: a debate revisited," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 243-251, March.
- Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken, 1996. "Costs of mental illness in Britain," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & van Roijen, Leona, 1995. "The friction cost method for measuring indirect costs of disease," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 171-189, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:8:y:1987:i:3:p:317-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.