The relationship between depressive symptoms and health service utilization for elderly people in Taiwan
This study analyzes the relationship between depressive symptoms and the utilization of medical services for elderly people in Taiwan.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jersey Liang & Benjamin A. Shaw & Joan M. Bennett & Neal Krause & Erika Kobayashi & Taro Fukaya & Yoko Sugihara, 2007. "Intertwining Courses of Functional Status and Subjective Health Among Older Japanese," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 62(5), pages 340-348.
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C., 2008. "Informal care and Medicare expenditures: Testing for heterogeneous treatment effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 134-156, January.
- Cho, Young Ik & Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Arozullah, Ahsan M. & Crittenden, Kathleen S., 2008. "Effects of health literacy on health status and health service utilization amongst the elderly," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1809-1816, April.
- Amy Fiske & Margaret Gatz & Nancy L. Pedersen, 2003. "Depressive Symptoms and Aging: The Effects of Illness and Non-Health-Related Events," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(6), pages 320-328.
- Fernandez-Olano, C. & Hidalgo, J.D. Lopez-Torres & Cerda-Diaz, R. & Requena-Gallego, M. & Sanchez-Castano, C. & Urbistondo-Cascales, L. & Otero-Puime, A., 2006. "Factors associated with health care utilization by the elderly in a public health care system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 131-139, January.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Zachary Zimmer & Xian Liu & Albert Hermalin & Yi-Li Chuang, 1998. "Educational attainment and transitions in functional status among older Taiwanese," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(3), pages 361-375, August.
- Bramesfeld, Anke & Platt, Lisa & Schwartz, Friedrich Wilhelm, 2006. "Possibilities for intervention in adolescents' and young adults' depression from a public health perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 121-131, December.
- Tian, Wei-Hua & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching, 2010. "The demand for preventive care services and its relationship with inpatient services," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 164-174, February.
- Likwang Chen & Winnie Yip & Ming-Cheng Chang & Hui-Sheng Lin & Shyh-Dye Lee & Ya-Ling Chiu & Yu-Hsuan Lin, 2007. "The effects of Taiwan's National Health Insurance on access and health status of the elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 223-242.
- Lindström, Martin, 2009. "Marital status, social capital, material conditions and self-rated health: A population-based study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(2-3), pages 172-179, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:108:y:2012:i:2:p:256-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.