The demand for preventive care services and its relationship with inpatient services
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Partha Deb, 2001. "A discrete random effects probit model with application to the demand for preventive care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 371-383.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:7:1190-1196_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cropper, M L, 1977. "Health, Investment in Health, and Occupational Choice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1273-1294, December.
- Kenkel, Don, 1990. "Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 587-595, November.
- Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Lin, Herng-Ching & Tian, Wei-Hua, 2007. "The effect of Taiwan's National Health Insurance on infants' preventive care use and inpatient care use," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 432-443, March.
- Beckett, Megan & Goldman, Noreen & Weinstein, Maxine & Lin, I-Fen & Chuang, Yi-Li, 2002. "Social environment, life challenge, and health among the elderly in Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 191-209, July.
- Chee-Ruey Hsieh & Shin-Jong Lin, 1997. "Health Information and the Demand for Preventive Care among the Elderly in Taiwan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 303-333.
- Zachary Zimmer & Xian Liu & Albert Hermalin & Yi-Li Chuang, 1998. "Educational attainment and transitions in functional status among older Taiwanese," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(3), pages 361-375, August.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:3:379-386_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen T. Parente & David S. Salkever & Joan DaVanzo, 2005. "The role of consumer knowledge of insurance benefits in the demand for preventive health care among the elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 25-38.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:6:882-886_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Stephen, 2003. "Sickness and preventive medical behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 675-689, July.
- Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Li-Mei, 2003. "National Health Insurance and the antenatal care use: a case in Taiwan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 99-112, April.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:26:y:2006:i:1:a:2499 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:3:387-391_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sindelar, Jody L, 1982. "Differential Use of Medical Care by Sex," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 1003-1019, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chun-Chih Chen & Yen-Ju Lin & Ying-Tzu Lin, 2013. "Awareness and utilization of preventive care services among the elderly under National Health Insurance," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 247-260, December.
- Chen, Chin-Shyan & Peng, Yu-I & Lee, Ping-Chang & Liu, Tsai-Ching, 2015. "The effectiveness of preventive care at reducing curative care risk for the Taiwanese elderly under National Health Insurance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(6), pages 787-793.
- Tian, Wei-Hua & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Li-Fan & Tien, Joseph J., 2012. "The relationship between depressive symptoms and health service utilization for elderly people in Taiwan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 256-267.
- Martine AUDIBERT & Jacky MATHONNAT & Aurore PELISSIER & Xiao Xian HUANG & Anning MA & Ningshan CHEN, 2011.
"Curative Activities of Township Hospitals in Weifang Prefecture, China: An Analysis of Environmental and Supply-Side Determinants,"
- Aurore Pelissier & Martine Audibert & Jacky Mathonnat & Xiao Xian Huang & Anning Ma, 2012. "Curative Activities of Township Hospitals in Weifang Prefecture, China: An Analysis of Environmental and Supply-side Determinants," Post-Print halshs-01230211, HAL.
- repec:bla:asiaec:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:119-137 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPreventive care services Inpatient services National Health Insurance (NHI) Taiwan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:94:y:2010:i:2:p:164-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.