Political instability and country risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Sachs & Harry Huizinga, 1987.
"U.S. Commercial Banks and the Developing-Country Debt Crisis,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(2), pages 555-606.
- Sachs, J. & Huizinga, H.P., 1987. "U.S. commercial banks and the developing-country debt crisis," Other publications TiSEM ada14007-7229-4f6d-a016-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Harry Huizinga, 1987. "U.S. Commercial Banks and the Developing Country Debt Crisis," NBER Working Papers 2455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Megginson, William L, 1990. "Determinants of Secondary Market Prices for Developing Country Syndicated Loans," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1517-1540, December.
- Feder, Gershon & Ross, Knud Z, 1982. "Risk Assessments and Risk Premiums in the Eurodollar Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 679-691, June.
- Citron, Joel-Tomas & Nickelsburg, Gerald, 1987. "Country risk and political instability," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 385-392, April.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1991.
"The Pure Theory of Country Risk,"
NBER Chapters, in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 391-435,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S & Zurita, Salvador, 1992. "Sovereign Debt: Optimal Contract, Underinvestment, and Forgiveness," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 981-1004, July.
- Feder, Gershon & Uy, Lily V., 1985. "The determinants of international creditworthiness and their policy implications," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 133-156.
- Brewer, Thomas L & Rivoli, Pietra, 1990. "Politics and Perceived Country Creditworthiness in International Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 357-369, August.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E., 1977.
"A study of debt servicing capacity applying logit analysis,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 25-38, February.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E., 1976. "A Study of Debt Servicing Capacity Applying Logit Analysis," CUDARE Working Papers 242453, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Fuad A Abdullah, 1985. "Development of an Advance Warning Indicator of External Debt Servicing Vulnerability," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 16(3), pages 135-141, September.
- John B Morgan, 1986. "A New Look at Debt Rescheduling Indicators and Models," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(2), pages 37-54, June.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz, 1981. "Debt with Potential Repudiation: Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(2), pages 289-309.
- Frank, Charles Jr. & Cline, William R., 1971. "Measurement of debt servicing capacity: An application of discriminant analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 327-344, August.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Frey, Bruno S., 1985. "Economic and political determinants of foreign direct investment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-175, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Narjess Boubakri & Jean-Claude Cosset & Houcem Smaoui, 2011. "Political Institutions and Sovereign Credit Spreads," Working Papers 647, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jan 2011.
- Cuadra, Gabriel & Sapriza, Horacio, 2008.
"Sovereign default, interest rates and political uncertainty in emerging markets,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 78-88, September.
- Gabriel Cuadra & Horacio Sapriza, 2006. "Sovereign Default, Interest Rates and Political Uncertainty in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 2006-02, Banco de México.
- Nath, Hiranya K., 2009.
"Country Risk Analysis: A Survey of the Quantitative Methods,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 62(1), pages 69-94.
- Hiranya K. Nath, 2008. "Country Risk Analysis: A Survey of the Quantitative Methods," Working Papers 0804, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Sergey SVESHNIKOV & Victor BOCHARNIKOV, 2009. "Modeling Risk Of International Country Relations," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(4(10)_Win), pages 558-569.
- Ana-Maria Fuertes & Elena Kalotychou, 2004. "Forecasting sovereign default using panel models: A comparative analysis," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 228, Society for Computational Economics.
- Juan Carlos Hatchondo & Leonardo Martinez & Horacio Sapriza, 2007. "The economics of sovereign defaults," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 93(Spr), pages 163-187.
- P. Hammer & A. Kogan & M. Lejeune, 2011. "Reverse-engineering country risk ratings: a combinatorial non-recursive model," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 188(1), pages 185-213, August.
- Crowley, Frederick D. & Loviscek, Anthony L., 2002. "Assessing the impact of political unrest on currency returns: A look at Latin America," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 143-153.
- Demir, Firat, 2006. "Volatility of short term capital flows and socio-political instability in Argentina, Mexico and Turkey," MPRA Paper 1943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smimou, K., 2014. "International portfolio choice and political instability risk: A multi-objective approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 546-560.
- Jelena Laušev & Aleksandar Stojanović & Nataša Todorović, 2011. "Determinants Of Debt Rescheduling In Eastern European Countries," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 56(188), pages 7-31, January –.
- Zeaiter, Hussein & El-Khalil, Raed, 2016. "Extreme bounds of sovereign defaults: Evidence from the MENA region," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 391-410.
- Chakrabarti, Avik & Zeaiter, Hussein, 2014. "The determinants of sovereign default: A sensitivity analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 300-318.
- Zeaiter, Hussein Zeaiter, 2013. "Sovereign Debt Defaults: Evidence using Extreme bounds Analysis," Working Papers 32/2013, Universidade Portucalense, Centro de Investigação em Gestão e Economia (CIGE).
- Kayam, Saime Suna, 2009. "Home market determinants of FDI outflows from developing and transition economies," MPRA Paper 16781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:8:y:1997:i:2:p:309-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.