Home market determinants of FDI outflows from developing and transition economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis T. Wells, 1983. "Third World Multinationals: The Rise of Foreign Investments from Developing Countries," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026273169x, January.
- Felipa De Mello-Sampayo, 2007.
"The Location of the United States' FDI Under the Share Gravity Model,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 491-519.
- de Mello Sampayo, F., 2000. "The Location of the United States' FDI under the Share Gravity Model," Discussion Papers 00-04, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Lecraw, Donald J, 1977. "Direct Investment by Firms from Less Developed Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 442-457, November.
- Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2007. "The Quality Of Institutions And Foreign Direct Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 317-344, November.
- Bruce Blonigen, 2005.
"A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2005. "A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants," NBER Working Papers 11299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael A Witt & Arie Y Lewin, 2007. "Outward foreign direct investment as escape response to home country institutional constraints," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 579-594, July.
- Urmas Varblane & Tonu Roolaht & Ele Reiljan & Rein Juriado, 2001. "Estonian Outward Foreign Direct Investments," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 9, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Paul Brenton & Francesca Di Mauro & Matthias LÃ¼cke, 1999.
"Economic Integration and FDI: An Empirical Analysis of Foreign Investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 95-121, June.
- Brenton, Paul & DiMauro, Francesca & Lücke, Matthias, 1998. "Economic integration and FDI: an empirical analysis of foreign investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 890, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kueh, Jerome Swee-Hui & Puah, Chin-Hong & Abu Mansor, Shazali, 2009. "Empirical analysis on emerging issues of Malaysia outward FDI from macroeconomic perspective," MPRA Paper 37680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frenkel, Michael & Funke, Katja & Stadtmann, Georg, 2004. "A panel analysis of bilateral FDI flows to emerging economies," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 281-300, September.
- Andreff, Wladimir, 2002. "The new multinational corporations from transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 371-379, December.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines Jr., 2005.
"Foreign Direct Investment and the Domestic Capital Stock,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 33-38, May.
- Mihir C. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines Jr., 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Domestic Capital Stock," NBER Working Papers 11075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2006. "Emerging Multinationals : Trends, Patterns and Determinants of Outward Investment by Indian Enterprises," Microeconomics Working Papers 22108, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rivoli, Pietra & Brewer, Thomas L., 1997. "Political instability and country risk," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 309-321.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mustafa Sakr & Andre Jordaan, 2016. "Emerging Multinational Corporations: A Prominent Player in the Global Economy," Working Papers 201623, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Burcak Polat, 2015. "Determinants of FDI into Central and Eastern European Countries: Pull or Push Effect?," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 3(4), pages 39-47.
- Klimek Artur, 2015. "Institutions and Outward Foreign Direct Investment," International Journal of Management and Economics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 46(1), pages 101-119, June.
- Mustafa Sakr & Andre Jordaan, 2017. "Push Factors of Emerging Multinational Corporations: Evidence from South Africa and Egypt," Working Papers 201709, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- dogru, bulent, 2012. "The effect of instıtutıonal varıables on fdi inflows: Evidence from upper-middle income countries," MPRA Paper 37531, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dogru, Bülent, 2012. "Effect of judıcıal independence to FDI into Eastern Europea and South Asia," MPRA Paper 40471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damijan, Jože & Kostevc, Crt & Rojec, Matija, 2014. "Outward FDI and company performance in CEECs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 381, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsoutward FDI; push factors; developing countries;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-10-17 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-INT-2009-10-17 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2009-10-17 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16781. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .