Home market determinants of FDI outflows from developing and transition economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis T. Wells, 1983. "Third World Multinationals: The Rise of Foreign Investments from Developing Countries," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026273169x, September.
- Felipa De Mello-Sampayo, 2007. "The Location of the United States' FDI Under the Share Gravity Model," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 491-519.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Lecraw, Donald J, 1977. "Direct Investment by Firms from Less Developed Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 442-457, November.
- Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2007. "The Quality Of Institutions And Foreign Direct Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 317-344, November.
- Bruce Blonigen, 2005.
"A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants,"
Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2005. "A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants," NBER Working Papers 11299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael A Witt & Arie Y Lewin, 2007. "Outward foreign direct investment as escape response to home country institutional constraints," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 579-594, July.
- Urmas Varblane & Tonu Roolaht & Ele Reiljan & Rein Juriado, 2001. "Estonian Outward Foreign Direct Investments," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 9, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Paul Brenton & Francesca Di Mauro & Matthias LÃ¼cke, 1999.
"Economic Integration and FDI: An Empirical Analysis of Foreign Investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 95-121, June.
- Brenton, Paul & DiMauro, Francesca & Lücke, Matthias, 1998. "Economic integration and FDI: an empirical analysis of foreign investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 890, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kueh, Jerome Swee-Hui & Puah, Chin-Hong & Abu Mansor, Shazali, 2009. "Empirical analysis on emerging issues of Malaysia outward FDI from macroeconomic perspective," MPRA Paper 37680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frenkel, Michael & Funke, Katja & Stadtmann, Georg, 2004. "A panel analysis of bilateral FDI flows to emerging economies," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 281-300, September.
- Andreff, Wladimir, 2002. "The new multinational corporations from transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 371-379, December.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines Jr., 2005.
"Foreign Direct Investment and the Domestic Capital Stock,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 33-38, May.
- Mihir C. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines Jr., 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Domestic Capital Stock," NBER Working Papers 11075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2006. "Emerging Multinationals : Trends, Patterns and Determinants of Outward Investment by Indian Enterprises," Microeconomics Working Papers 22108, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rivoli, Pietra & Brewer, Thomas L., 1997. "Political instability and country risk," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 309-321.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- dogru, bulent, 2012. "The effect of instıtutıonal varıables on fdi inflows: Evidence from upper-middle income countries," MPRA Paper 37531, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dogru, Bülent, 2012. "Effect of judıcıal independence to FDI into Eastern Europea and South Asia," MPRA Paper 40471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mustafa Sakr & Andre Jordaan, 2016. "Emerging Multinational Corporations: A Prominent Player in the Global Economy," Working Papers 201623, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Burcak Polat, 2015. "Determinants of FDI into Central and Eastern European Countries: Pull or Push Effect?," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 3(4), pages 39-47.
- Klimek Artur, 2015. "Institutions and Outward Foreign Direct Investment," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 46(1), pages 101-119, June.
- Mustafa Sakr & Andre Jordaan, 2017. "Push Factors of Emerging Multinational Corporations: Evidence from South Africa and Egypt," Working Papers 201709, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Sobir Shukurov & Mansoor Maitah & Luboš Smutka, 2016. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investments in Transition Economies: Case of Commonwealth of Independent Countries," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 64(5), pages 1749-1762.
- Damijan, Jože & Kostevc, Crt & Rojec, Matija, 2014. "Outward FDI and company performance in CEECs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 381, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsoutward FDI; push factors; developing countries;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2009-10-17 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-INT-2009-10-17 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2009-10-17 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16781. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.