Urgent tasks for research on Russian TNCs
Rapid cross-border expansion of Russian firms in the past decade has stimulated much research interest in Russian foreign direct investment (FDI), especially since 2003. This paper identifies several problems in the existing literature which still persist, in spite of the significant progress in research on Russian transnational corporations (TNCs). The paper stresses the importance of Russia’s unique recent history and its implications for the choice of investment destination for Russian firms. This paper concludes by suggesting that studies focusing on a more nuanced influence of the State on large as well as small and mediumsized Russian TNCs should be undertaken.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Filippov, Sergey, 2008. "Russia's emerging multinationals: trends and issues," MERIT Working Papers 062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Welch, Catherine L. & Welch, Lawrence S., 2009. "Re-internationalisation: Exploration and conceptualisation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 567-577, December.
- Boris Kheyfets, 2008. "Russian investment abroad: the basic flows and features," IWE Working Papers 184, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2003. "The newly emerging TNCs from economies in transition: a comparison with Third World outward FDI," Post-Print halshs-00274654, HAL.
- Alexander Bulatov, 2001. "Russian Direct Investment Abroad: History, Motives, Finance, Control and Planning," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 179-194, October.
- Moon, Hwy-Chang & Roehl, Thomas W., 2001. "Unconventional foreign direct investment and the imbalance theory," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 197-215, April.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "Russian transnationals and international investment paradigms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-107, June.
- Bulatov, Alexander S, 2001. "Russian Direct Investment Abroad: History, Motives, Finance, Control and Planning," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 179-94.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2004. "The European flying geese: New FDI patterns for the old continent?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 27-49, April.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2002. "The new multinational corporations from transition countries," Post-Print halshs-00274655, HAL.
- Andreff, Wladimir, 2002. "The new multinational corporations from transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 371-379, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.