Outward Foreign Direct Investments of the Russian Federation
Outward foreign direct investments are becoming a key lever in the global political and economic affirmation of many emerging economies. The Russian Federation is an interesting example of this phenomenon. Its global expansion is characterized by two aspects. First, the main players in foreign expansion are a few companies operating in the primary sector. Second, each single initiative involves huge financial resources. The paper proposes an analysis of the main features of the international investment activity of the Russian Federation, at the global, European and Italian level. The main trends in investments and players are analysed, as well as the strategic motivations behind the initiatives. The paper closes with examination of the critical aspects and perspectives involved in the Russian internationalization process.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus E. Meyer, 2005. "Foreign Investment Strategies and Sub-national Institutions in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 63-93, 01.
- Dilek Aykut & Andrea Goldstein, 2006. "Developing Country Multinationals: South-South Investment Comes of Age," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 257, OECD Publishing.
- Moon, Hwy-Chang & Roehl, Thomas W., 2001. "Unconventional foreign direct investment and the imbalance theory," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 197-215, April.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Mehmet Genc, 2008. "Transforming disadvantages into advantages: developing-country MNEs in the least developed countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(6), pages 957-979, September.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "Russian transnationals and international investment paradigms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-107, June.
- Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John, 2006.
"Accelerated Internationalisation by Emerging Multinationals: the Case of White Goods Sector,"
1485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Federico BONAGLIA & Andrea GOLDSTEIN & John MATHEWS, 2006. "Accelerated Internationalisation by Emerging Multinationals: the Case of White Goods Sector," Working Papers 270, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John A., 2007. "Accelerated internationalization by emerging markets' multinationals: The case of the white goods sector," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 369-383, December.
- B. Kheifets., 2007. "External Sector of the Russian Economy," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 11.
- Hamilton, Carl B., 2005. "Russia's European economic integration: Escapism and realities," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 294-306, September.
- Stefano Federico & Gaetano Alfredo Minerva, 2008.
"Outward FDI and Local Employment Growth in Italy,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(2), pages 295-324, July.
- S. Federico & G.A. Minerva, 2006. "Outward FDI and Local Employment Growth in Italy," Working Papers 572, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Stefano Federico & Gaetano Alfredo Minerva, 2007. "Outward FDI and local employment growth in Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 613, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "How to explain the foreign expansion of Russian firms," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 24, pages 53-61.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Operations of Multinational Firms: Concepts, History, and Data," NBER Working Papers 8665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mike Wright & Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike W. Peng, 2005. "Strategy Research in Emerging Economies: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, 01.
- Li, Sali & Tallman, Stephen B. & Ferreira, Manuel P., 2005. "Developing the eclectic paradigm as a model of global strategy: An application to the impact of the Sep. 11 terrorist attacks on MNE performance levels," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 479-496, December.
- Ashok Deo Bardhan & Cynthia Kroll, 2006. "Competitiveness and an Emerging Sector: The Russian Software Industry and its Global Linkages," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 69-95.
- Serguey Braguinsky & Roger Myerson, 2007. "A macroeconomic model of Russian transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 15(1), pages 77-107, 03.
- Rudiger Ahrend, 2006.
"Russian Industrial Restructuring: Trends in Productivity, Competitiveness and Comparative Advantage,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 277-295.
- Rudiger Ahrend, 2004. "Russian Industrial Restructuring: Trends in Productivity, Competitiveness and Comparative Advantage," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 408, OECD Publishing.
- Alexander Bulatov, 2001. "Russian Direct Investment Abroad: History, Motives, Finance, Control and Planning," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 179-194, October.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Andrea Goldstein & Fazia Pusterla, 2008. "Emerging Economies’ Multinationals: General Features and Specificities of the Brazilian and Chinese Cases," KITeS Working Papers 223, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Oct 2008.
- Locatelli, Catherine, 2006. "The Russian oil industry between public and private governance: obstacles to international oil companies' investment strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1075-1085, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.