The effect of maturity, trading volume, and open interest on crude oil futures price range-based volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garman, Mark B & Klass, Michael J, 1980. "On the Estimation of Security Price Volatilities from Historical Data," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-78, January.
- M. H. Pesaran, 1974. "On the General Problem of Model Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 153-171.
- Herbert, John H, 1995. "Trading volume, maturity and natural gas futures price volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 293-299, October.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Seguin, Paul J., 1993. "Price Volatility, Trading Volume, and Market Depth: Evidence from Futures Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 21-39, March.
- Imad Moosa & Bernard Bollen, 2001. "Is there a maturity effect in the price of the S&P 500 futures contract?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(11), pages 693-695.
- Mizon, Grayham E & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1986. "The Encompassing Principle and Its Application to Testing Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 657-678, May.
- Godfrey, L. G. & Pesaran, M. H., 1983. "Tests of non-nested regression models: Small sample adjustments and Monte Carlo evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 133-154, January.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Serletis, Apostolos, 1992. "Maturity effects in energy futures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 150-157, April.
- David Kenyon & Kenneth Kling & Jim Jordan & William Seale & Nancy McCabe, 1987. "Factors affecting agricultural futures price variance," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 73-91, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, 2014. "Do futures prices exhibit maturity effect? A nonparametric revisit," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(8), pages 813-825, March.
- Ren Zhang & Arnold Polanski, 2016. "Volatility–volume co-movements: evidence from China metal markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(45), pages 4312-4336, September.
- Elina Pradkhan, 2016. "Information Content of Trading Activity in Precious Metals Futures Markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(5), pages 421-456, May.
- Doojin RYU & Hyein SHIM, 2017. "Intraday Dynamics of Asset Returns, Trading Activities, and Implied Volatilities: A Trivariate GARCH Framework," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 45-61, June.
- Saurabh Gupta & Prabina Rajib, 2012. "Samuelson Hypothesis & Indian Commodity Derivatives Market," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 19(4), pages 331-352, November.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Zhang, Lu, 2015. "Interpreting the crude oil price movements: Evidence from the Markov regime switching model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 96-109.
- Alizadeh, Amir H. & Tamvakis, Michael, 2016. "Market conditions, trader types and price–volume relation in energy futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 134-149.
- Souček, Michael, 2013. "Crude oil, equity and gold futures open interest co-movements," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 306-315.
- Elizabeth A. Maharaj & Imad Moosa & Jonathan Dark & Param Silvapulle, 2008. "Wavelet Estimation of Asymmetric Hedge Ratios: Does Econometric Sophistication Boost Hedging Effectiveness?," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(3), pages 213-230, December.
- Woradee Jongadsayakul, 2015. "Determinants Of Silver Futures Price Volatility: Evidence From The Thailand Futures Exchange," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 9(4), pages 81-87.
- Joseph, Anto & Sisodia, Garima & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2014. "A frequency domain causality investigation between futures and spot prices of Indian commodity markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 250-258.
- ebrahimi, mohsen & babaei agh esmaili, Majid & kafili, vahid, 2017. "بررسی رژیم های قیمتی دو شاخص عمده بازار جهانی نفت(برنت و Wti) قبل و بعد از بحران مالی:کاربردی از رویکرد مارکف سوئیچینگ [Investigate price regimes of two prime index in the world oil market(Brent an," MPRA Paper 98739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoang‐Long Phan & Ralf Zurbruegg, 2020. "The time‐to‐maturity pattern of futures price sensitivity to news," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(1), pages 126-144, January.
- Walid Matar & Saud M. Al-Fattah & Tarek Atallah & Axel Pierru, 2013. "An introduction to oil market volatility analysis," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 37(3), pages 247-269, September.
- Edward Curran & Jack Hunt & Vito Mollica, 2020. "Trading protocols and price discovery: Implicit transaction costs in Indian single stock futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(11), pages 1793-1806, November.
More about this item
KeywordsVolatility Futures Trading volume Open interest Maturity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:20:y:2009:i:3:p:209-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.