Creating competition out of thin air: An experimental study of right-to-choose auctions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacob K. Goeree & Charles R. Plott & John Wooders, 2004.
"Bidders' Choice Auctions: Raising Revenues Through the Right to Choose,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 504-515, 04/05.
- Goeree, Jacob & Plott, Charles & Wooders, John, 2003. "Bidders' choice auctions: Raising revenues through the right to choose," Working Papers 1181, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Olivier Armantier & Nicolas Treich, 2006. "Overbidding in Independant Private-Values Auctions and Misperception of Probabilities," CIRANO Working Papers 2006s-15, CIRANO.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Genesove, David, 1992.
"Testing for Price Anomalies in Real-Estate Auctions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 501-505, May.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," Working papers 92-2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Genesove, 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," NBER Working Papers 4036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in real Estate Auctions," Papers 128, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Menezes, Flavio M & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1998. "Simultaneous Pooled Auctions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 219-232, November.
- Isaac, R. Mark & Walker, James M., 1985. "Information and conspiracy in sealed bid auctions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 139-159, June.
- Roberto Burguet, 2005. "The condominium problem; auctions for substitutes," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 9(2), pages 73-90, April.
- Tibor Neugebauer & Reinhard Selten, 2002. "Individual Behavior of First-Price Sealed-Bid Auctions: The Importance of Information Feedback in Experimental Markets," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse3_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Riley, John G & Samuelson, William F, 1981. "Optimal Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 381-392, June.
- Goeree, Jacob K. & Offerman, Theo, 2003. "Winner's curse without overbidding," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 625-644, August.
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984. "Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandro Brusco & Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie M. Marx, 2011. "The Economics of Contingent Re-auctions," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, pages 165-193.
- Alevy, Jonathan E. & Cristi, Oscar & Melo, Oscar, 2010.
"Right-to-Choose Auctions: A Field Study of Water Markets in the Limari Valley of Chile,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 39(2), April.
- Alevy, Jonathan E. & Cristi, Oscar & Melo, Oscar, 2010. "Right-to-Choose Auctions: A Field Study of Water Markets in the Limari Valley of Chile," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(02), pages 213-226, April.
- Jonathan E. Alevy & Oscar Cristi & Oscar Melo, 2010. "Right-to-Choose Auctions: A Field Study of Water Markets in the Limari Valley of Chile," Working Papers 2010-04, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Alevy & Oscar Cristi & Oscar Melo, 2010. "Right-to-choose auctions: A field study of water markets in the limari valley of chile," Framed Field Experiments 00117, The Field Experiments Website.
- Maarten C. W. Janssen & Vladimir A. Karamychev & Emiel Maasland, 2010.
"Simultaneous Pooled Auctions with Multiple Bids and Preference Lists,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(2), pages 286-298, June.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Vladimir A. Karamychev & Emiel Maasland, 2008. "Simultaneous Pooled Auctions with Multiple Bids and Preference Lists," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-034/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Young Han Lee, 2011. "The Bidder's Curse," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 749-787, April.
- Jonathan E. Alevy & Julianna Butler & Michael Price, 2016. "Multi-good Demand in Bidder's Choice Auctions: Experimental Evidence from the Lab and the Field," Working Papers 2016-01, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Anthony M. Kwasnica & Katerina Sherstyuk, 2013. "Multiunit Auctions," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 461-490, July.
- Ronald M. Harstad, 2007. "Does a Seller Really Want Another Bidder?," Working Papers 0711, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:62:y:2008:i:2:p:383-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622836 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.