Proximate and underlying causes of forest cover change in Peninsular Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Savin, N Eugene & White, Kenneth J, 1977. "The Durbin-Watson Test for Serial Correlation with Extreme Sample Sizes or Many Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1989-1996, November.
- Börner, Jan & Wunder, Sven & Wertz-Kanounnikoff, Sheila & Tito, Marcos Rügnitz & Pereira, Ligia & Nascimento, Nathalia, 2010. "Direct conservation payments in the Brazilian Amazon: Scope and equity implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1272-1282, April.
- Stern, David I., 2004. "The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1419-1439, August.
- Miyamoto, Motoe, 2006. "Forest conversion to rubber around Sumatran villages in Indonesia: Comparing the impacts of road construction, transmigration projects and population," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-12, November.
- Sunderlin, William D. & Dewi, Sonya & Puntodewo, Atie & Müller, Daniel & Angelsen, Arild & Epprecht, Michael, 2008. "Why forests are important for global poverty alleviation: A spatial explanation," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Angelsen, Arild & Kaimowitz, David, 1999. "Rethinking the Causes of Deforestation: Lessons from Economic Models," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 73-98, February.
- Wunder, Sven, 2001. "Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1817-1833, November.
- Nguyen Van, Phu & Azomahou, Theophile, 2007.
"Nonlinearities and heterogeneity in environmental quality: An empirical analysis of deforestation,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 291-309, September.
- Ph. Nguyen Van & Th. Azomahou, 2005. "Nonlinearties and heterogeneity in environmental quality : an empirical analysis of deforestation," THEMA Working Papers 2005-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Mahapatr, Krushna & Kant, Shashi, 2005. "Tropical deforestation: a multinomial logistic model and some country-specific policy prescriptions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Combes Motel, P. & Pirard, R. & Combes, J.-L., 2009.
"A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for "avoided deforestation" (REDD),"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 680-691, January.
- Romain PIRARD & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES, 2008. "A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for “avoided deforestation” (REDD)," Working Papers 200805, CERDI.
- Pascale Combes Motel & Romain Pirard & Jean-Louis Combes, 2011. "A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for “avoided deforestation” (REDD)," Working Papers halshs-00556933, HAL.
- Pascale Combes Motel & Jean-Louis Combes & Romain Pirard, 2009. "A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for "Avoided Deforestation" (REDD)," Post-Print hal-00351838, HAL.
- Hussin, Fauzi & Abdullah, Hussin, 2012. "The Role of FELDA and KESEDAR in the Development of Land in the District of Gua Musang: A Comparison the Socio-Economic Level of the Settlers," Sustainable Agriculture Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 1(2).
- Duraiappah, Anantha K., 1998. "Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2169-2179, December.
- Choumert, Johanna & Combes Motel, Pascale & Dakpo, Hervé K., 2013.
"Is the Environmental Kuznets Curve for deforestation a threatened theory? A meta-analysis of the literature,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 19-28.
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & K Hervé Dakpo, 2013. "Is the Environmental Kuznets Curve for deforestation a threatened theory? A meta-analysis of the literature," Post-Print halshs-00806629, HAL.
- Culas, Richard J., 2007. "Deforestation and the environmental Kuznets curve: An institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 429-437, March.
- Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael, 2001. "Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 995-1010, June.
- Maureen Cropper & Jyotsna Puri & Charles Griffiths, 2001. "Predicting the Location of Deforestation: The Role of Roads and Protected Areas in North Thailand," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(2), pages 172-186.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2003. "Economic Growth and the Rise of Forests," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 601-637.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miyamoto, Motoe, 2020. "Poverty reduction saves forests sustainably: Lessons for deforestation policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Varkkey, Helena & Tyson, Adam & Choiruzzad, Shofwan Al Banna, 2018. "Palm oil intensification and expansion in Indonesia and Malaysia: Environmental and socio-political factors influencing policy," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 148-159.
- Mili Ghosh & Bhaskar Sinha, 2016. "Impact of forest policies on timber production in India: a review," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(1-2), pages 62-76, February.
- Jaza Folefack, Achille Jean & Ngo Njiki, Marie Gaelle & Darr, Dietrich, 2019. "Safeguarding forests from smallholder oil palm expansion by more intensive production? The case of Ngwei forest (Cameroon)," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 45-61.
- Handavu, Ferdinand & Chirwa, Paxie W.C. & Syampungani, Stephen, 2019. "Socio-economic factors influencing land-use and land-cover changes in the miombo woodlands of the Copperbelt province in Zambia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 75-94.
- Zhang, Kerong & Song, Conghe & Zhang, Yulong & Zhang, Quanfa, 2017. "Natural disasters and economic development drive forest dynamics and transition in China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 56-64.
- Valente, Donatella & Miglietta, Pier Paolo & Porrini, Donatella & Pasimeni, Maria Rita & Zurlini, Giovanni & Petrosillo, Irene, 2019. "A first analysis on the need to integrate ecological aspects into financial insurance," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 392(C), pages 117-127.
- Tetsuya Michinaka, 2018. "Approximating Forest Resource Dynamics in Peninsular Malaysia Using Parametric and Nonparametric Models, and Its Implications for Establishing Forest Reference (Emission) Levels under REDD+," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-16, June.
More about this item
KeywordsDeforestation reduction; Poverty alleviation; Oil palm; REDD; Akaike Information Criterion (AIC); Model selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:44:y:2014:i:c:p:18-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.