Socio-economic factors influencing land-use and land-cover changes in the miombo woodlands of the Copperbelt province in Zambia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Pan & David Carr & Alisson Barbieri & Richard Bilsborrow & Chirayath Suchindran, 2007. "Forest Clearing in the Ecuadorian Amazon: A Study of Patterns Over Space and Time," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 26(5), pages 635-659, December.
- Susanti, Ari & Maryudi, Ahmad, 2016. "Development narratives, notions of forest crisis, and boom of oil palm plantations in Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 130-139.
- Babulo, Bedru & Muys, Bart & Nega, Fredu & Tollens, Eric & Nyssen, Jan & Deckers, Jozef & Mathijs, Erik, 2008. "Household livelihood strategies and forest dependence in the highlands of Tigray, Northern Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 147-155, September.
- Luoga, E. J. & Witkowski, E. T. F. & Balkwill, K., 2000. "Economics of charcoal production in miombo woodlands of eastern Tanzania: some hidden costs associated with commercialization of the resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 243-257, November.
- Ashebir WoldeYohannes & Marc Cotter & Girma Kelboro & Wubneshe Dessalegn, 2018. "Land Use and Land Cover Changes and Their Effects on the Landscape of Abaya-Chamo Basin, Southern Ethiopia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Renias Ngara & Remigios V. Mangizvo, 2013. "Indigenous Knowledge Systems and the Conservation of Natural Resources in the Shangwe Community in Gokwe District, Zimbabwe," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(1), pages 20-28, January.
- Ashraf, Jawaid & Pandey, Rajiv & de Jong, Wil, 2017. "Assessment of bio-physical, social and economic drivers for forest transition in Asia-Pacific region," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 35-44.
- Hickey, Gordon M. & Pouliot, Mariève & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven & Nielsen, Martin R., 2016. "Quantifying the economic contribution of wild food harvests to rural livelihoods: A global-comparative analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 122-132.
- Verbist, Bruno & Dinata Putra, Andree Eka & Budidarsono, Suseno, 2005. "Factors driving land use change: Effects on watershed functions in a coffee agroforestry system in Lampung, Sumatra," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 254-270, September.
- Vedeld, Paul & Angelsen, Arild & Bojo, Jan & Sjaastad, Espen & Kobugabe Berg, Gertrude, 2007. "Forest environmental incomes and the rural poor," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(7), pages 869-879, April.
- Rasmussen, Laura Vang & Watkins, Cristy & Agrawal, Arun, 2017. "Forest contributions to livelihoods in changing agriculture-forest landscapes," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 1-8.
- Adhikari, Bhim & Di Falco, Salvatore & Lovett, Jon C., 2004. "Household characteristics and forest dependency: evidence from common property forest management in Nepal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 245-257, February.
- Broegaard, Rikke Brandt & Rasmussen, Laura Vang & Dawson, Neil & Mertz, Ole & Vongvisouk, Thoumthone & Grogan, Kenneth, 2017. "Wild food collection and nutrition under commercial agriculture expansion in agriculture-forest landscapes," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 92-101.
- Sunderland, Terry & Abdoulaye, Rabdo & Ahammad, Ronju & Asaha, Stella & Baudron, Frederic & Deakin, Elizabeth & Duriaux, Jean-Yves & Eddy, Ian & Foli, Samson & Gumbo, Davison & Khatun, Kaysara & Kondw, 2017. "A methodological approach for assessing cross-site landscape change: Understanding socio-ecological systems," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 83-91.
- Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Belcher, Brian & Burgers, Paul & Nasi, Robert & Santoso, Levania & Wunder, Sven, 2005. "Livelihoods, forests, and conservation in developing countries: An Overview," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1383-1402, September.
- Wunder, Sven & Börner, Jan & Shively, Gerald & Wyman, Miriam, 2014. "Safety Nets, Gap Filling and Forests: A Global-Comparative Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(S1), pages 29-42.
- Nurrochmat, Dodik Ridho & Nugroho, Ignatius Adi & Hardjanto, & Purwadianto, Agus & Maryudi, Ahmad & Erbaugh, James Thomas, 2017. "Shifting contestation into cooperation: Strategy to incorporate different interest of actors in medicinal plants in Meru Betiri National Park, Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 162-168.
- Miyamoto, Motoe & Mohd Parid, Mamat & Noor Aini, Zakaria & Michinaka, Tetsuya, 2014. "Proximate and underlying causes of forest cover change in Peninsular Malaysia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 18-25.
- Angelsen, Arild & Jagger, Pamela & Babigumira, Ronnie & Belcher, Brian & Hogarth, Nicholas J. & Bauch, Simone & Börner, Jan & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven, 2014. "Environmental Income and Rural Livelihoods: A Global-Comparative Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(S1), pages 12-28.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Mamo, Getachew & Sjaastad, Espen & Vedeld, Pal, 2007. "Economic dependence on forest resources: A case from Dendi District, Ethiopia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 916-927, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deddy Romulo Siagian & Rajendra P. Shrestha & Sangam Shrestha & John K. M. Kuwornu, 2019. "Factors Driving Rice Land Change 1989–2018 in the Deli Serdang Regency, Indonesia," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-22, August.
- Kazungu, Moses & Zhunusova, Eliza & Yang, Anastasia Lucy & Kabwe, Gillian & Gumbo, Davison J. & Günter, Sven, 2020. "Forest use strategies and their determinants among rural households in the Miombo woodlands of the Copperbelt Province, Zambia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C).
- Beygi Heidarlou, Hadi & Banj Shafiei, Abbas & Erfanian, Mahdi & Tayyebi, Amin & Alijanpour, Ahmad, 2020. "Armed conflict and land-use changes: Insights from Iraq-Iran war in Zagros forests," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C).
More about this item
KeywordsMiombo woodland; Socio-economic factor; Land-use; Land-cover; Deforestation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:100:y:2019:i:c:p:75-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.