Safeguarding forests from smallholder oil palm expansion by more intensive production? The case of Ngwei forest (Cameroon)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kubitza, Christoph & Krishna, Vijesh V. & Urban, Kira & Alamsyah, Zulkifli & Qaim, Matin, 2018.
"Land Property Rights, Agricultural Intensification, and Deforestation in Indonesia,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 312-321.
- Kubitza, Christoph & Krishna, Vijesh & Urban, Kira & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Land property rights, agricultural intensification, and deforestation in Indonesia," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261166, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- V. Bellassen & V. Gitz, 2008. "Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation in Cameroon - Assessing costs and benefits," Post-Print hal-00716370, HAL.
- Nelson B. Villoria & Derek Byerlee & James Stevenson, 2014. "The Effects of Agricultural Technological Progress on Deforestation: What Do We Really Know?," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 211-237.
- Hertel, Thomas, 2012.
"Implications of Agricultural Productivity for Global Cropland Use and GHG Emissions: Borlaug vs. Jevons,"
GTAP Working Papers
4020, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hertel, Thomas W., 2012. "Implications of Agricultural Productivity for Global Cropland Use and GHG Emissions: Borlaug vs. Jevons," Working papers 283487, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Bou Dib, Jonida & Alamsyah, Zulkifli & Qaim, Matin, 2018. "Land-use change and income inequality in rural Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 55-66.
- Miet Maertens & Manfred Zeller & Regina Birner, 2006. "Sustainable agricultural intensification in forest frontier areas," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(2), pages 197-206, March.
- Varkkey, Helena & Tyson, Adam & Choiruzzad, Shofwan Al Banna, 2018. "Palm oil intensification and expansion in Indonesia and Malaysia: Environmental and socio-political factors influencing policy," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 148-159.
- Michael Euler & Stefan Schwarze & Hermanto Siregar & Matin Qaim, 2016. "Oil Palm Expansion among Smallholder Farmers in Sumatra, Indonesia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 658-676, September.
- Miyamoto, Motoe & Mohd Parid, Mamat & Noor Aini, Zakaria & Michinaka, Tetsuya, 2014. "Proximate and underlying causes of forest cover change in Peninsular Malaysia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 18-25.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1999. "Agricultural expansion and deforestation: modelling the impact of population, market forces and property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 185-218, February.
More about this item
KeywordsDeforestation; Oil palm; Agricultural intensification; Social welfare; Land sparing; Rebound effect; Smallholder farmers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:101:y:2019:i:c:p:45-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.