Competition in the global pulp and paper industries - An evaluation based on three approaches
This paper uses three different approaches for measuring the tightness of competition in the global pulp and paper markets. First, we evaluate the market shares of the world's largest pulp and paper companies. Second, we estimate the price elasticities of the export demand for pulp and paper. Third, we test the Law of One Price. All three approaches suggest that the pulp and paper markets are competitive in the sense that a single firm, no matter how large, cannot increase the price of its products without losing market shares and experiencing a fall in total revenues.
Volume (Year): 17 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kangas, Kari & Niskanen, Anssi, 2003. "Trade in forest products between European Union and the Central and Eastern European access candidates," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 297-304, September.
- Cipollina, Maria & Salvatici, Luca, 2006.
"Reciprocal Trade Agreements in Gravity Models: A Meta-analysis,"
18877, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Maria Cipollina & Luca Salvatici, 2010. "Reciprocal Trade Agreements in Gravity Models: A Meta-Analysis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 63-80, 02.
- Cipollina, Maria & Salvatici, Luca, 2007. "Reciprocal trade agreements in gravity models: a meta-analysis," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp07035, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Kainulainen, Tuomo & Toppinen, Anne, 2006. "Testing integration in main European paper markets under floating and fixed exchange rates," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 372-379, December.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1997.
"Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1243-1272, September.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1996. "Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 5862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:17:y:2011:i:1:p:91-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.