Bank Resolution Plans as a catalyst for global financial reform
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Acharya, Viral V., 2009.
"A theory of systemic risk and design of prudential bank regulation,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 224-255.
- Acharya, Viral V, 2009. "A Theory of Systemic Risk and Design of Prudential Bank Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 7164, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Louis W. Pauly, 2009. "The Old and the New Politics of International Financial Stability," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47, pages 955-975, November.
- Herring, Richard J., 2010. "Wind-Down Plans As an Alternative to Bailouts: The Cross-Border Challenges," Working Papers 10-08, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 2010.
"Asset Fire Sales and Credit Easing,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 46-50, May.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 2010. "Asset Fire Sales and Credit Easing," Scholarly Articles 10362022, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 2010. "Asset Fire Sales and Credit Easing," NBER Working Papers 15652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flannery, Mark J., 2009. "Financial system instability: Threats, prevention, management, and resolution," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 221-223, September.
- Avgouleas, Emilios & Goodhart, Charles & Schoenmaker, Dirk, 2010. "Living Wills as a Catalyst for Action," Working Papers 10-09, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Charles Goodhart & Dirk Schoenmaker, 2009. "Fiscal Burden Sharing in Cross-Border Banking Crises," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(1), pages 141-165, March.
- Kane, Edward J. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 2004. "Alternatives to blanket guarantees for containing a systemic crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 31-63, September.
- Krimminger, Michael H., 2008. "The resolution of cross-border banks: Issues for deposit insurers and proposals for cooperation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 376-390, December.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A. & Kaufman, George G., 2008. "Cross-border banking and financial stability in the EU," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 168-204, September.
- Jones, David S. & King, Kathleen Kuester, 1995. "The implementation of prompt corrective action: An assessment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 491-510, June.
- Kashyap, Anil K. & Rajan, Raghuram G. & Stein, Jeremy C., 2008. "Rethinking capital regulation," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 431-471.
- Eugenio Cerutti & Anna Ilyina & Yulia Makarova & Christian Schmieder, 2010.
"Bankers Without Borders? Implications of Ring-Fencing for European Cross-Border Banks,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Yuliya Makarova & Anna Ilyina & Christian Schmieder & Eugenio M Cerutti, 2010. "Bankers Without Borders? Implications of Ring-Fencing for European Cross-Border Banks," IMF Working Papers 10/247, International Monetary Fund.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dirk Schoenmaker & Harald Benink & Andreas Bley & Alicia Sanchis & Michiel Bijlsma, 2014. "What Have We Learnt about Banks and their Business Models?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- repec:erf:erfstu:79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jarque, Arantxa & Price, David A., 2015.
"Living Wills: A Tool for Curbing Too Big to Fail,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 1Q, pages 77-94.
- Jarque, Arantxa & Price, David A., 2014. "Living Wills: A Tool for Curbing 'Too Big to Fail'," Annual Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, pages 5-17.
- Allard Bruinshoofd & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Introduction," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Alexander Schäfer & Isabel Schnabel & Beatrice Weder di Mauro, 2016.
"Bail-in expectations for European banks: Actions speak louder than words,"
ESRB Working Paper Series
07, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Schäfer, Alexander & Schnabel, Isabel & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2016. "Bail-in Expectations for European Banks: Actions Speak Louder than Words," CEPR Discussion Papers 11061, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sylwester Kozak, 2016. "Concentration of credit exposure as a significant source of risk in banking activities: the idea and methods of estimation," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 11(3), pages 103-115, February.
- Teunis Brosens & Wilfred Nagel, 2014. "The Good, the Bad and the Big: Is there still A Place for Big Banks?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Lex Hoogduin, 2014. "The Value of Banks after the Great Financial Expansion," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Gesteira Costa, Marcos & Carrasco-Gutierrez, Carlos Enrique, 2015. "Testing the Optimality of Consumption Decisions of the Representative Household: Evidence from Brazil," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Ata Can Bertay & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Harry Huizinga & phu113, 2014. "Size and Stability of Big Banks," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Cerutti, Eugenio & Schmieder, Christian, 2014. "Ring fencing and consolidated banks’ stress tests," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, pages 1-12.
- Vollmer, Uwe & Wiese, Harald, 2013. "Minimum capital requirements, bank supervision and special resolution schemes. Consequences for bank risk-taking," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, pages 487-497.
- Aerdt Houben, 2014. "Have We Solved the Too-big-to-fail Problem?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Rolf H. Weber & Douglas W. Arner & Evan C. Gibson & Simone Baumann, 2014. "Addressing systemic risk in East Asia: financial regulatory design," Chapters,in: Global Shock, Risks, and Asian Financial Reform, chapter 6, pages 204-245 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chang, C-L. & Hsu, H-K. & McAleer, M.J., 2014.
"A Tourism Conditions Index,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2014-04, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Frank A.G. den Butter & Mathieu L.L. Segers, 2014. "Prospects for an EMU between Federalism and Nationalism," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-008/VI, Tinbergen Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Hui-Kuang Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2014. "A Tourism Conditions Index," Working Papers in Economics 14/03, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Hui-Kuang Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2014. "A Tourism Conditions Index," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2014-01, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Vollmer Uwe, 2016. "The Asymmetric Implementation of the European Banking Union (EBU): Consequences for Financial Stability," International Journal of Management and Economics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 50(1), pages 7-26, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBank resolution; Living wills; SIFIs; Burden sharing; Cross-border insolvency;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:9:y:2013:i:2:p:210-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.