Prospects for an EMU between Federalism and Nationalism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John B. Taylor, 2012.
"Monetary Policy Rules Work and Discretion Doesn't: A Tale of Two Eras,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44(6), pages 1017-1032, September.
- John B. Taylor, 2012. "Monetary Policy Rules Work and Discretion Doesn’t: A Tale of Two Eras," Discussion Papers 11-019, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Roel M. W. J. Beetsma & Xavier Debrun & Franc Klaassen, 2001.
"Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?,"
IMF Working Papers
01/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Roel Beetsma & Xavier Debrun & Frank Klaassen, 2001. "Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?," CESifo Working Paper Series 599, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roel Beetsma & Xavier Debrun & Franc Klaassen, 2001. "Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?," IHEID Working Papers 04-2001, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Beetsma, Roel & Debrun, Xavier & Klaassen, Franc, 2001. "Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3035, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aerdt Houben & Jan Kakes, 2013. "Financial imbalances and macroprudential policy in a currency union," DNB Occasional Studies 1105, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1992.
"Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification,"
NBER Working Papers
3949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi and Barry Eichengreen., 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," Economics Working Papers 92-187, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bastiaan A. Verhoef, 2003. "The (A)Symmetry of shocks in the EMU," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 106, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Gai, Prasanna & Haldane, Andrew & Kapadia, Sujit, 2011. "Complexity, concentration and contagion," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 453-470.
- Charles Goodhart, 2011. "Global Macroeconomic and Financial Supervision: Where Next?," NBER Working Papers 17682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Lev Ratnovski, 2013. "Bailouts and Systemic Insurance," IMF Working Papers 13/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Anthony M Annett, 2006. "Enforcement and the Stability and Growth Pact; How Fiscal Policy Did and Did Not Change Under Europe’s Fiscal Framework," IMF Working Papers 06/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Roel Beetsma & Massimo Giuliodori, 2010.
"The Macroeconomic Costs and Benefits of the EMU and Other Monetary Unions: An Overview of Recent Research,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(3), pages 603-641, September.
- Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo, 2009. "The Macroeconomic Costs and Benefits of the EMU and other Monetary Unions: An Overview of Recent Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 7500, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fahrholz, Christian & Wójcik, Cezary, 2013. "The Eurozone needs exit rules," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4665-4674.
- Blackburn, Keith & Christensen, Michael, 1989. "Monetary Policy and Policy Credibility: Theories and Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Avgouleas, Emilios & Goodhart, Charles & Schoenmaker, Dirk, 2013. "Bank Resolution Plans as a catalyst for global financial reform," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 210-218.
- Paul De Grauwe & Cláudia Costa Storti, 2005. "Is Monetary Policy in the Eurozone less Effective than in the US?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1606, CESifo Group Munich.
- John B. Taylor, 2013. "The Effectiveness of Central Bank Independence Versus Policy Rules," Discussion Papers 12-009, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Erik Jones, 2010. "The Economic Mythology of European Integration," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 89-109, January.
- Padoa-Schioppa, Tommaso, 2000. "The Road to Monetary Union in Europe: The Emperor, the Kings, and the Genies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199241767.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
More about this item
Keywordshistory of EMU; Kronungstheorie; optimal currency area; policy coordination; contagion; EPU; social preferences; EMU’s future;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- F55 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Institutional Arrangements
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2015-04-25 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20140008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.