Financial imbalances and macroprudential policy in a currency union
Despite the efforts that commercials banks have made to promote the use of debit cards and the introduction of new payment methods, the migration from cash to electronic payment methods is not proceeding as quickly as sometimes expected. Why do people pay by cash on one occasion and by bank card on another? How conscious is people's decision making? How rational are there reasons for choosing one method over another? For policy makers at a central bank it is relevant to have insight into the psychological aspects and effects of payment method choice, because it provides a pointer to the roles that payment methods will play in the future. Also these insights are helpful if an authority wants to encourage the usage of a specific means of payment.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 98, 1000 AB Amsterdam|
Web page: http://www.dnb.nl/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravn SÃ¸ren Hove, 2012.
"Has the Fed Reacted Asymmetrically to Stock Prices?,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Søren HOVE RAVN, . "Has the Fed Reacted Asymmetrically to Stock Prices," EcoMod2010 259600076, EcoMod.
- Boris Hofmann & Bilyana Bogdanova, 2012. "Taylor rules and monetary policy: a global "Great Deviation"?," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2013.
"Leaning Against the Wind and the Timing of Monetary Policy,"
IMF Working Papers
13/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Agur, Itai & Demertzis, Maria, 2013. "“Leaning against the wind” and the timing of monetary policy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 179-194.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2011. ""Leaning Against the Wind" and the Timing of Monetary Pollicy," DNB Working Papers 303, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ordóñez, Javier & Jusélius, Katarina, 2009. "Balassa-Samuelson and Wage, Price and Unemployment Dynamics in the Spanish Transition to EMU Membership," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-30.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 2013. "An Integrated Financial Framework for the Banking Union: Don’t Forget Macro-Prudential Supervision," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 495, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbocs:1105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.