Highwaymen or heroes: Should hedge funds be regulated?: A survey
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Pierre Zigrand, 2001. "Rational Limits to Arbitrage," FMG Discussion Papers dp392, Financial Markets Group.
- Jean-Pierre Zigrand & Jon Danielsson, 2001.
"What Happens When You Regulate Risk? Evidence from a Simple Equilibrium Model,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp393, Financial Markets Group.
- Jean-Pierre Zigrand & Jon Danielsson, 2001. "What happens when you regulate risk?: evidence from a simple equilibrium model," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25069, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-38, August.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, . "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rodrigo Cifuentes & Gianluigi Ferrucci & Hyun Song Shin, 2005.
"Liquidity risk and contagion,"
Bank of England working papers
264, Bank of England.
- Nicholas Chan & Mila Getmansky & Shane M. Haas & Andrew W. Lo, 2005.
"Systemic Risk and Hedge Funds,"
NBER Working Papers
11200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer ad Robert W. Vishny, 1995.
"The Limits of Arbitrage,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1725, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-74, September.
- Chen, Zhiwu & Knez, Peter J, 1995. "Measurement of Market Integration and Arbitrage," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(2), pages 287-325.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, 1993.
NBER Working Papers
4314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, . "Arbitrage Chains," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, . "Arbitrage Chains," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 06-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, 1993. "Arbitrage Chains," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0035, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ..
- van Wincoop, Eric, 1999.
"How big are potential welfare gains from international risksharing?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 109-135, February.
- Eric van Wincoop, 1998. "How big are potential welfare gains from international risksharing?," Staff Reports 37, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Dong-Hyun Ahn & Jacob Boudoukh & Matthew Richardson & Robert F. Whitelaw, 1999. "Optimal Risk Management Using Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 359-375, 02.
- Judith Chevalier & Glenn Ellison, 1999.
"Career Concerns Of Mutual Fund Managers,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 114(2), pages 389-432, May.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 1999. "A primer on hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-331, September.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Stefan Nagel, 2004. "Hedge Funds and the Technology Bubble," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(5), pages 2013-2040, October.
- Barry J. Eichengreen & Donald J. Mathieson, 1999. "Hedge Funds; What Do We Really Know?," IMF Economic Issues 19, International Monetary Fund.
- Jean-Pierre Zigrand, 1999. "Arbitrage and Endogenous Market Integration," FMG Discussion Papers dp319, Financial Markets Group.
- Lee, In Ho, 1998. "Market Crashes and Informational Avalanches," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(4), pages 741-59, October.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 2000. "Measuring the market impact of hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Zigrand, Jean-Pierre, 2004. "A general equilibrium analysis of strategic arbitrage," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 923-952, December.
- Abreu, Dilip & Brunnermeier, Markus K., 2002. "Synchronization risk and delayed arbitrage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 341-360.
- Avery, Christopher & Zemsky, Peter, 1998. "Multidimensional Uncertainty and Herd Behavior in Financial Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 724-48, September.
- Christopher L. Culp & Merton H. Miller, 1995. "Metallgesellschaft And The Economics Of Synthetic Storage," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 7(4), pages 62-76.
- Gupta, Anurag & Liang, Bing, 2005. "Do hedge funds have enough capital? A value-at-risk approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 219-253, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:1:y:2005:i:4:p:522-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.