The regulation of hedge funds under the prism of the financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Kambhu & Til Schuermann & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2007.
"Hedge funds, financial intermediation, and systemic risk,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-18.
- John Kambhu & Til Schuermann & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2007. "Hedge funds, financial intermediation, and systemic risk," Staff Reports 291, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Adrian Blundell-Wignall, 2007. "An Overview of Hedge Funds and Structured Products: Issues in Leverage and Risk," Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2007(1), pages 37-57.
- Boyson, Nicole M. & Stahel, Christof W. & Stulz, Rene M., 2006.
"Is There Hedge Fund Contagion?,"
Working Paper Series
2006-1, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Boyson, Nicole & Stahel, Christof & Stulz, Rene, 2008. "Is There Hedge Fund Contagion?," Working Papers 08-2, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Nicole M. Boyson & Christof W. Stahel & Rene M. Stulz, 2006. "Is There Hedge Fund Contagion?," NBER Working Papers 12090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danielsson, Jon & Taylor, Ashley & Zigrand, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "Highwaymen or heroes: Should hedge funds be regulated?: A survey," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 522-543, October.
- Nicholas Chan & Mila Getmansky & Shane M. Haas & Andrew W. Lo, 2007. "Systemic Risk and Hedge Funds," NBER Chapters,in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 235-338 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2007. "Lessons from the 2007 Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 6596, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial leverage; prime brokers; securitization; extreme risks; systemic risk; opacity; long run institutional investors; due diligence; monitoring; disclosure; market discipline; public regulator;
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2008-12-14 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-REG-2008-12-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2008-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Mignon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/modemfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.