Hedge funds and financial stability: Regulating prime brokers will mitigate systemic risks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franklin R. Edward, 1999. "Hedge Funds and the Collapse of Long-Term Capital Management," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 189-210, Spring.
- Nicholas Chan & Mila Getmansky & Shane M. Haas & Andrew W. Lo, 2007. "Systemic Risk and Hedge Funds," NBER Chapters,in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 235-338 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, William A. & Wood, Geoffrey, 2006. "Defining and achieving financial stability," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 152-172, June.
- Patrick M McGuire & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2008. "Estimating hedge fund leverage," BIS Working Papers 260, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tomas Garbaravicius & Frank Dierick, 2005. "Hedge funds and their implications for financial stability," Occasional Paper Series 34, European Central Bank.
- Danielsson, Jon & Taylor, Ashley & Zigrand, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "Highwaymen or heroes: Should hedge funds be regulated?: A survey," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 522-543, October.
- Hott, Christian, 2009. "Herding behavior in asset markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 35-56, January.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2006:i:may12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garbaravicius, Tomas & Dierick, Frank, 2005. "Hedge funds and their implications for financial stability," Occasional Paper Series 34, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Hull & Sungkyu Kwak & Rosemary Walker, 2014. "Hedge fund attributes and volatility around equity offerings," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(3), pages 359-382, July.
- Bengtsson, E., 2013. "Fund Management and Systemic Risk - Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis," CITYPERC Working Paper Series 2013-06, Department of International Politics, City University London.
- Gerhard Wörtche & Tristan Nguyen, 2011. "The impact of M&A transactions from private equity and hedge funds: Empirical evidence from Austria and Switzerland," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 45-57, February.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:42:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s12197-017-9396-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2010.
"Econometric Measures of Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors,"
NBER Chapters,in: Market Institutions and Financial Market Risk
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2010. "Econometric Measures of Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors," NBER Working Papers 16223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dimitrios Bisias & Mark Flood & Andrew W. Lo & Stavros Valavanis, 2012. "A Survey of Systemic Risk Analytics," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 255-296, October.
- VanHoose, David, 2011.
"Systemic Risk and Macroprudential Bank Regulation: A Critical Appraisal,"
Journal of Financial Transformation,
Capco Institute, vol. 33, pages 45-60.
- David VanHoose, 2011. "Systemic Risks and Macroprudential Bank Regulation: A Critical Appraisal," NFI Policy Briefs 2011-PB-04, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Patro, Dilip K. & Qi, Min & Sun, Xian, 2013. "A simple indicator of systemic risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 105-116.
- Adams, Zeno & Füss, Roland & Gropp, Reint, 2014.
"Spillover Effects among Financial Institutions: A State-Dependent Sensitivity Value-at-Risk Approach,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(03), pages 575-598, June.
- Adams, Zeno & Füss, Roland & Gropp, Reint, 2013. "Spillover effects among financial institutions: A state-dependent sensitivity value-at-risk approach," SAFE Working Paper Series 20, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:109-130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silva, Walmir & Kimura, Herbert & Sobreiro, Vinicius Amorim, 2017. "An analysis of the literature on systemic financial risk: A survey," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 91-114.
More about this item
KeywordsHedge funds Regulation Systemic crisis Counterparty risk LCFIs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:5:y:2009:i:3:p:283-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.