A primer on hedge funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Anne C Jansen & Donald J Mathieson & Barry J. Eichengreen & Laura E. Kodres & Bankim Chadha & Sunil Sharma, 1998. "Hedge Funds and Financial Market Dynamics," IMF Occasional Papers 166, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- René M. Stulz, 2007. "Hedge Funds: Past, Present, and Future," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 175-194, Spring.
- Roger Ibbotson & Peng Chen, 2005. "The A,B,Cs of Hedge Funds: Alphas, Betas, and Costs," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2597, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2005.
- Funga, William & Hsiehb, David A., 2013. "Hedge Funds," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1063-1125, Elsevier.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky, 2008. "Crisis and Hedge Fund Risk," Working Papers 2008_10, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- William K.H. Fung & David A. Hsieh, 2006. "Hedge funds: an industry in its adolescence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, vol. 91(Q 4), pages 1-34.
- Gregory Connor & Sheng Li, 2009. "Market Dispersion and the Profitability of Hedge Funds," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n2000109.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Peltomäki, Jarkko, 2008. "Emerging market hedge funds and the yen carry trade," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 220-229, September.
- Carol Alexander & Anca Dimitriu, 2003. "Equity Indexing: Conitegration and Stock Price Dispersion: A Regime Switiching Approach to market Efficiency," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2003-02, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Jun Liu, 2004.
"Losing Money on Arbitrage: Optimal Dynamic Portfolio Choice in Markets with Arbitrage Opportunities,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 611-641.
- Liu, Jun & Longstaff, Francis A, 2000. "Losing Money on Arbitrages: Optimal Dynamic Portfolio Choice in Markets with Arbitrage Opportunities," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt48k8f97f, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Jung‐Soon Shin & Minki Kim & Dongjun Oh & Tong Suk Kim, 2019. "Do hedge funds time market tail risk? Evidence from option‐implied tail risk," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(2), pages 205-237, February.
- Bajgrowicz, Pierre & Scaillet, Olivier, 2012.
"Technical trading revisited: False discoveries, persistence tests, and transaction costs,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 473-491.
- Pierre Bajgrowicz & Olivier Scaillet, 2008. "Technical Trading Revisited: False Discoveries, Persistence Tests, and Transaction Costs," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-05, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jul 2009.
- Agarwal, Vikas & Fung, William H. & Loon, Yee Cheng & Naik, Narayan Y., 2004. "Risk and return in convertible arbitrage: Evidence from the convertible bond market," CFR Working Papers 04-03, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Zheng, Yao & Osmer, Eric & Zhang, Ruiyi, 2018. "Sentiment hedging: How hedge funds adjust their exposure to market sentiment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 147-160.
- Agarwal, Vikas & Kale, Jayant R., 2007. "On the relative performance of multi-strategy and funds of hedge funds," CFR Working Papers 07-11, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Bali, Turan G. & Brown, Stephen J. & Caglayan, Mustafa O., 2019. "Upside potential of hedge funds as a predictor of future performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 212-229.
- Castañeda, Pablo & Devoto, Benjamín, 2016. "On the structural estimation of an optimal portfolio rule," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 290-300.
- Andrew J. Patton & Tarun Ramadorai, 2013.
"On the High-Frequency Dynamics of Hedge Fund Risk Exposures,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(2), pages 597-635, April.
- Patton, Andrew J & Ramadorai, Tarun, 2011. "On the High-Frequency Dynamics of Hedge Fund Risk Exposures," CEPR Discussion Papers 8479, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cyril Coste & Raphaël Douady & Ilija Zovko, 2010. "The StressVaR: A New Risk Concept for Extreme Risk and Fund Allocation," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-02488591, HAL.
- Martin Eling, 2006. "Performance measurement of hedge funds using data envelopment analysis," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 20(4), pages 442-471, December.
- Mason Woo & Gregory Connor, 2004. "(IAM Series No 002) An Intro to Hedge Funds," FMG Discussion Papers dp477, Financial Markets Group.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:6:y:1999:i:3:p:309-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.