Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Chaffai, Mohamed & Dietsch, Michel, 2013. "Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks," Discussion Papers 35/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- M. Chaffai & M. Dietsch, 2014. "Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks," Débats économiques et financiers 14, Banque de France.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J., 1998.
"On the profitability and cost of relationship lending,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 873-897, August.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "On the profitability and cost of relationship lending," Working Papers 97-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "On the Profitability and Cost of Relationship Lending," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Berger, Allen N. & Leusner, John H. & Mingo, John J., 1997.
"The efficiency of bank branches,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 141-162, September.
- Allen Berger & John Leusner & John Mingo, 1994. "The Efficiency of Bank Branches," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & John H. Leusner & John J. Mingo, 1994. "The efficiency of bank branches," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-26, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Park, Kang H. & Weber, William L., 2006. "A note on efficiency and productivity growth in the Korean Banking Industry, 1992-2002," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 2371-2386, August.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu, 2005.
"Risk bearing, implicit financial services, and specialization in the financial industry,"
Public Policy Discussion Paper
06-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu, 2008. "Risk Bearing, Implicit Financial Services and Specialization in the Financial Industry," NBER Working Papers 14614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2009.
"A General-Equilibrium Asset-Pricing Approach to the Measurement of Nominal and Real Bank Output,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 273-320
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2004. "A general-equilibrium asset-pricing approach to the measurement of nominal and real bank output," Working Papers 04-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2008. "A General-Equilibrium Asset-Pricing Approach to the Measurement of Nominal and Real Bank Output," NBER Working Papers 14616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohamed E. Chaffai & Michel Dietsch, 2009. "The Effect of the Environment on Profit Efficiency of Bank Branches," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceicao A. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2005. "Profitability of a sample of Portuguese bank branches and its decomposition into technical and allocative components," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(3), pages 850-866, May.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- Dietsch, Michel & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2000. "How the environment determines banking efficiency: A comparison between French and Spanish industries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 985-1004, June.
- Rolf Fare & Shawna Grosskopf & William Weber, 2004. "The effect of risk-based capital requirements on profit efficiency in banking," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1731-1743.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:34:y:2018:i:c:p:61-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- F. Borel-Mathurin & S. Loisel & J. Segers, 2017.
"Reevaluation of the capital charge in insurance after a large shock: empirical and theoretical views,"
Débats économiques et financiers
32, Banque de France.
- Fabrice Borel-Mathurin & Stéphane Loisel & Johan Segers, 2017. "Re-evaluation of the capital charge in insurance after a large shock: empirical and theoretical views," EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles 10, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- B. Camara & F.-D. Castellani & H. Fraisse & L. Frey & C. Héam & L. Labonne & V. Martin, 2015. "MERCURE : A Macroprudential Stress Testing Model developed at the ACPR," Débats économiques et financiers 19, Banque de France.
- J. Hombert & V. Lyonnet, 2017. "Intergenerational Risk Sharing in Life Insurance: Evidence from France," Débats économiques et financiers 30, Banque de France.
- Papanikolaou, Nikolaos I., 2018.
"To be bailed out or to be left to fail? A dynamic competing risks hazard analysis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 61-85.
- Nikolaos I. Papanikolaou, 2017. "To Be Bailed Out or To Be Left to Fail? A Dynamic Competing Risks Hazard Analysis," BAFES Working Papers BAFES12, Department of Accounting, Finance & Economic, Bournemouth University.
More about this item
KeywordsBank solvency; Retail banking; Business risk; Efficiency analysis; Profit;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:16:y:2015:i:c:p:173-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.