Risk bearing, implicit financial services, and specialization in the financial industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu, 2008. "Risk Bearing, Implicit Financial Services and Specialization in the Financial Industry," NBER Working Papers 14614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diewert, W E, 1974. "Intertemporal Consumer Theory and the Demand for Durables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 497-516, May.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1989. "Business conditions and expected returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-49, November.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Dennis J Fixler & Marshall B Reinsdorf & Shaunda Villones, 2010. "Measuring the services of commercial banks in the NIPA," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),The IFC's contribution to the 57th ISI Session, Durban, August 2009, volume 33, pages 346-349, Bank for International Settlements.
- Barnett, William A., 1980. "Economic monetary aggregates an application of index number and aggregation theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-48, September.
- Barnett, William A & Kirova, Milka & Pasupathy, Meenakshi, 1995.
"Estimating Policy-Invariant Deep Parameters in the Financial Sector When Risk and Growth Matter,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1402-1429, November.
- William A. Barnett & Milka Kirova & Meenakshi Pasupathy, 1994. "Estimating policy-invariant deep parameters in the financial sector when risk and growth matter," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 1402-1440.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1984. "The information in the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 509-528, December.
- Hancock, Diana, 1985. "The Financial Firm: Production with Monetary and Nonmonetary Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 859-880, October.
- Lawrence J. Radecki, 1999. "Banks' payments-driven revenues," Staff Reports 62, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lawrence J. Radecki, "undated". "Banks' payments-driven revenues," Economic Policy Review y:1999:i:jul:p:53-70:n:v., Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Donal J. Donovan, 1978. "Modeling the Demand for Liquid Assets: An Application to Canada (Etablissement d'un modÃ¨le de demande d'actifs liquides: application au Canada) (ConstrucciÃ³n de un modelo de demanda de activos lÃqu," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 676-704, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Susanto Basu & Robert Inklaar & J. Christina Wang, 2011.
"The Value Of Risk: Measuring The Service Output Of U.S. Commercial Banks,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(1), pages 226-245, January.
- Susanto Basu & Robert Inklaar & J. Christina Wang, 2008. "The value of risk: measuring the service output of U. S. commercial banks," Working Papers 08-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 2008.
- Susanto Basu & Robert Inklaar & J. Christina Wang, 2008. "The Value of Risk: Measuring the Service Output of U.S. Commercial Banks," NBER Working Papers 14615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basu, Susanto & Inklaar, Robert & Wang, J. Christina, 2008. "The Value of Risk: Measuring the Service Output of U.S. Commercial Banks," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-102, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Robert Inklaar & J. Christina Wang, 2013.
"Real Output of Bank Services: What Counts is What Banks Do, Not What They Own,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(317), pages 96-117, January.
- Robert Inklaar & J. Christina Wang, 2011. "Real output of bank services: what counts is what banks do, not what they own," Working Papers 11-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 2011.
- Wang, J. Christina & Inklaar, Robert Christiaan, 2011. "Real Output of Bank Services: What Counts Is What Banks Do, Not What They Own," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-119, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Bertrand Groslambert & Raphaël Chiappini & Olivier Bruno, 2015.
"Bank Output Calculation in the Case of France: What Do New Methods Tell About the Financial Intermediation Services in the Aftermath of the Crisis?,"
GREDEG Working Papers
2015-32, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- Groslambert Bertrand & Raphaël Chiappini & Olivier Bruno, 2016. "Bank output calculation in the case of France: what do new methods tell about the financial intermediation services in the aftermath of the crisis?," Working Papers halshs-01254475, HAL.
- Inklaar, R. & Colangelo, A., 2010. "Banking sector output measurement in the euro area â€“ a modified approach," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-117, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Chaffai, Mohamed & Dietsch, Michel, 2015.
"Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 173-182.
- Chaffai, Mohamed & Dietsch, Michel, 2013. "Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks," Discussion Papers 35/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- M. Chaffai & M. Dietsch, 2014. "Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks," Débats économiques et financiers 14, Banque de France.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial services industry;
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2006-04-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBA-2006-04-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2006-04-29 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-04-29 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbpp:06-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.