COVID-19, insurer board utility, and capital regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mattias K. Polborn, 1998. "A Model of an Oligopoly in an Insurance Market," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 23(1), pages 41-48, June.
- López Prol, Javier & O, Sungmin, 2020. "Impact of COVID-19 measures on electricity consumption," MPRA Paper 101649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- -, 2020. "Measuring the impact of COVID-19 with a view to reactivation," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 2 edited by Eclac.
- Zhang, Dayong & Hu, Min & Ji, Qiang, 2020. "Financial markets under the global pandemic of COVID-19," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(C).
- Carol Propper & George Stoye & Ben Zaranko, 2020. "The Wider Impacts of the Coronavirus Pandemic on the NHS," Fiscal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 41(2), pages 345-356, June.
- Eric Briys & François De Varenne, 1994. "Life Insurance in a Contingent Claim Framework: Pricing and Regulatory Implications," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 19(1), pages 53-72, June.
- Takeo Hori & Ryonghun Im, 2020. "Short- and Long-run Impacts of Bursting Bubbles," KIER Working Papers 1036, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Araichi, Sawssen & Peretti, Christian de & Belkacem, Lotfi, 2016. "Solvency capital requirement for a temporal dependent losses in insurance," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 588-598.
- Correia-da-Silva, João & Soares, Isabel & Fernández, Raquel, 2020. "Impact of dynamic pricing on investment in renewables," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 202(C).
- Nazan An & Mustafa Tufan Turp & Murat Türkeş & Mehmet Levent Kurnaz, 2020. "Mid-Term Impact of Climate Change on Hazelnut Yield," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-20, May.
- Sawssen Araichi & Christian de Peretti & Lotfi Belkacem, 2016. "Solvency capital requirement for a temporal dependent losses in insurance," Post-Print hal-02103956, HAL.
- ., 2020. "Impact of international economic integration on location," Chapters, in: Evolutionary Spatial Economics, chapter 32, pages 579-595, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, April.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin, 2005. "Trends in Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2351-2384, October.
- Qing He & Junyi Liu & Sizhu Wang & Jishuang Yu, 2020. "The impact of COVID-19 on stock markets," Economic and Political Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 275-288, July.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Vincent Wenxiong Yao, 2006. "Modelling the structural break in volatility," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(7), pages 417-422.
- Freitas, Luis V.M. & Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Komatsu, Bruno, 2020. "Do changes in terms of trade impact election outcomes?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 193(C).
- Ronn, Ehud I & Verma, Avinash K, 1986. "Pricing Risk-Adjusted Deposit Insurance: An Option-Based Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(4), pages 871-895, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meral Kagitci, 2020. "The impact of COVID – 19 on the stocks’ yield from the pharmaceutical sector," Journal of Financial Studies, Institute of Financial Studies, vol. 9(5), pages 58-71, November.
- Naidu, Dharmendra & Ranjeeni, Kumari, 2021. "Effect of coronavirus fear on the performance of Australian stock returns: Evidence from an event study," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Muhammad Khalid Anser & Muhammad Azhar Khan & Khalid Zaman & Abdelmohsen A. Nassani & Sameh E. Askar & Muhammad Moinuddin Qazi Abro & Ahmad Kabbani, 2021. "Financial development during COVID-19 pandemic: the role of coronavirus testing and functional labs," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gertner, Daniel & Dennis, Elliott, 2020. "Impact of COVID-19 on Demand for Distillers Grains from Impact of COVID-19 on Demand for Distillers Grains from Livestock Operations Livestock Operations," Cornhusker Economics 309740, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Kapasia, Nanigopal & Paul, Pintu & Roy, Avijit & Saha, Jay & Zaveri, Ankita & Mallick, Rahul & Barman, Bikash & Das, Prabir & Chouhan, Pradip, 2020. "Impact of lockdown on learning status of undergraduate and postgraduate students during COVID-19 pandemic in West Bengal, India," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Santeramo, Fabio G. & Dominguez, Ignacio Perez, 2021. "On the Effects of the COVID Epidemic on Global and Local Food Access and Availability of Strategic Sectors: Role of Trade and Implications for Policymakers," Commissioned Papers 309037, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Chen, Shi & Yang, Yang & Lin, Jyh-Horng, 2020. "Capped borrower credit risk and insurer hedging during the COVID-19 outbreak," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(C).
- Yi, Minli & Yang, Yang & Lin, Jyh-Horng, 2021. "Affiliated reinsurance and insurer performance under capital regulation," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(C).
- Tsai, Jeng-Yan, 2013. "Optimal bank interest margins under capital regulation in a call-option utility framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 557-565.
- Shi Chen & Jeng-Yan Tsai & Rosemary Jou, 2016. "Equities of scope as merger incentives under capital regulation: narrow versus synergy banking valuation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(37), pages 3508-3525, August.
- Han-Hsing Lee & Kuanyu Shih & Kehluh Wang, 2016. "Measuring sovereign credit risk using a structural model approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1097-1128, November.
- Muller, Seán M., 2021. "The dangers of performative scientism as the alternative to anti-scientific policymaking: A critical, preliminary assessment of South Africa’s Covid-19 response and its consequences," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Dionne, Georges & Laajimi, Sadok, 2012.
"On the determinants of the implied default barrier,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 395-408.
- Georges Dionne & Sadok Laajimi, 2009. "On the Determinants of the Implied Default Barrier," Cahiers de recherche 0914, CIRPEE.
- Forte, Santiago & Lovreta, Lidija, 2012. "Endogenizing exogenous default barrier models: The MM algorithm," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1639-1652.
- Mbarek Lassaâd & Mezzez Hmaied Dorra, 2012. "Stock Market Assessment of Bank Risk: Evidence from the Maghreb Region," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-26, August.
- Jou, Rosemary & Chen, Shi & Tsai, Jeng-Yan, 2017. "Politically connected lending, government capital injection, and bank performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 220-232.
- Serdar Neslihanoglu, 2021. "Linearity extensions of the market model: a case of the top 10 cryptocurrency prices during the pre-COVID-19 and COVID-19 periods," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Varotto, Simone & Zhao, Lei, 2018. "Systemic risk and bank size," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 45-70.
- Mensi, Walid & Al Rababa'a, Abdel Razzaq & Vo, Xuan Vinh & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2021. "Asymmetric spillover and network connectedness between crude oil, gold, and Chinese sector stock markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Afik, Zvika & Arad, Ohad & Galil, Koresh, 2016. "Using Merton model for default prediction: An empirical assessment of selected alternatives," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 43-67.
- Baris Kocaarslan & Ugur Soytas, 2021. "The Asymmetric Impact of Funding Liquidity Risk on the Volatility of Stock Portfolios during the COVID-19 Crisis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-12, February.
- Marcelo Yoshio Takami & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2006. "Avaliação Do Risco Sistêmico Do Setor Bancário Brasileiro," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 96, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal guaranteed rate; Board utility; COVID-19; Capital regulation;
All these keywords.
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1544612320305560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.