The risk in capital controls
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Magud & Carmen Reinhart & Kenneth Rogoff, 2005.
"Capital Controls: Myth and Reality A Portfolio Balance Approach to Capital Controls,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2006-10, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Nicolas E. Magud & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2011. "Capital Controls: Myth and Reality - A Portfolio Balance Approach," NBER Working Papers 16805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicolas E. Magud & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2007. "Capital controls: myth and reality, a portfolio balance approach to capital controls," Working Paper Series 2007-31, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Nicolas E. Magud & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2011. "Capital Controls: Myth and Reality--A Portfolio Balance Approach," Working Paper Series WP11-7, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Magud, Nicolas & Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2011. "Capital Controls: A Meta-analysis Approach," MPRA Paper 30274, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A Alesina & V Grilli & G Milesi-Feretti, 1993. "The Political Economy of Capital Controls," CEP Discussion Papers dp0169, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Alberto Alesina & Vittorio Grilli & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferrett, 1993. "The Political Economy of Capital Controls," NBER Working Papers 4353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreasen, Eugenia & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2016.
"Financial openness, domestic financial development and credit ratings,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 11-18.
- Andreasen, Eugenia & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2015. "Financial Openness, Domestic Financial Development and Credit Ratings," Working Papers 15-06, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Eugenia Andreasen & Patricio Valenzuela, 2015. "Financial Openness, Domestic Financial Development and Credit Ratings," Documentos de Trabajo 315, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Kristin Forbes & Marcel Fratzscher & Roland Straub, 2013.
"Capital Controls and Macroprudential Measures: What Are They Good For?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1343, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Forbes, Kristin & Fratzscher, Marcel & Straub, Roland, 2014. "Capital Controls and Macroprudential Measures: What Are They Good For?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9798, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1999. "How Effective Are Capital Controls?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 65-84, Fall.
- Mitchener, Kris James & Wandschneider, Kirsten, 2015.
"Capital controls and recovery from the financial crisis of the 1930s,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 188-201.
- Mitchener, Kris James & Wandschneider, Kirsten, 2013. "Capital Controls and Recovery from the Financial Crisis of the 1930s," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 132, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Mitchener, Kris & Wandschneider, Kirsten, 2014. "Capital Controls and Recovery from the Financial Crisis of the 1930s," CEPR Discussion Papers 10019, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kris James Mitchener & Kirsten Wandschneider, 2014. "Capital Controls and Recovery from the Financial Crisis of the 1930s," NBER Working Papers 20220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2018:v:19:i:1:magud:reinhart:rogoff is not listed on IDEAS
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Broto, Carmen & Díaz-Cassou, Javier & Erce, Aitor, 2011. "Measuring and explaining the volatility of capital flows to emerging countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1941-1953, August.
- Villaseñor-Alva, José A. & González-Estrada, Elizabeth, 2009. "A bootstrap goodness of fit test for the generalized Pareto distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(11), pages 3835-3841, September.
- Johnson, Simon & Mitton, Todd, 2003.
"Cronyism and capital controls: evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 351-382, February.
- Simon Johnson & Todd Mitton, 2001. "Cronyism and Capital Controls: Evidence from Malaysia," NBER Working Papers 8521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew, 2014. "Capital Controls in the 21st Century," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(PA), pages 1-16.
- Ostry, Jonathan D. & Ghosh, Atish R. & Chamon, Marcos & Qureshi, Mahvash S., 2012. "Tools for managing financial-stability risks from capital inflows," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 407-421.
- Longin, Francois M., 2000. "From value at risk to stress testing: The extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1097-1130, July.
- Bryce, Cormac & Dadoukis, Aristeidis & Hall, Maximilian & Nguyen, Linh & Simper, Richard, 2015. "An analysis of loan loss provisioning behaviour in Vietnamese banking," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 69-75.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:164:y:2018:i:c:p:109-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:171:y:2018:i:c:p:10-13 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCapital controls; Extreme value analysis; Financial crises;
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
- F38 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Financial Policy: Financial Transactions Tax; Capital Controls
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:19:y:2016:i:c:p:261-266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.