Overconfidence, risk perception and the risk-taking behavior of finance professionals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Dohmen & Armin Falk & David Huffman & Uwe Sunde & Jürgen Schupp & Gert G. Wagner, 2011.
"Individual Risk Attitudes: Measurement, Determinants, And Behavioral Consequences,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 522-550, June.
- Dohmen, T.J. & Falk, A. & Huffman, D. & Sunde, U. & Schupp, J., 2009. "Individual risk attitudes: measurement, determinants and behavioral consequences," ROA Research Memorandum 006, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Dohmen, T.J. & Falk, A. & Huffman, D. & Sunde, U. & Schupp, J. & Wagner, G.G., 2009. "Individual risk attitudes: measurement, determinants and behavioral consequences," Research Memorandum 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Dohmen, Thomas J. & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe & Schupp, Jürgen & Wagner, Gert G., 2011. "Individual risk attitudes: Measurement, determinants, and behavioral consequences," Munich Reprints in Economics 20048, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dohmen, Thomas J. & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe & Schupp, Jürgen & Wagner, Gert G., 2009. "Individual risk attitudes: Measurement, determinants and behavioral consequences," Munich Reprints in Economics 20049, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2004.
"The use of flow analysis in foreign exchange: exploratory evidence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 573-594, June.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2003. "The use of flow analysis in foreign exchange: exploratory evidence," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-276, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Joost M. E. Pennings & Brian Wansink, 2004. "Channel Contract Behavior: The Role of Risk Attitudes, Risk Perceptions, And Channel Members' Market Structures," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(4), pages 697-724, October.
- Markus Glaser & Martin Weber, 2007.
"Overconfidence and trading volume,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 32(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and trading volume," Papers 03-07, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," CEPR Discussion Papers 3941, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 03-07, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2005. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," SIFR Research Report Series 40, Institute for Financial Research.
- Itzhak Ben-David & John R. Graham, 2013.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(4), pages 1547-1584.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 2010. "Managerial Miscalibration," Working Paper Series 2010-12, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Itzhak Ben-David & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2010. "Managerial Miscalibration," NBER Working Papers 16215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Barberis & Ming Huang, 2008.
"Stocks as Lotteries: The Implications of Probability Weighting for Security Prices,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 2066-2100, December.
- Nicholas Barberis & Ming Huang, 2007. "Stocks as Lotteries: The Implications of Probability Weighting for Security Prices," NBER Working Papers 12936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Mitton & Keith Vorkink, 2007. "Equilibrium Underdiversification and the Preference for Skewness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(4), pages 1255-1288.
- Terrance Odean, 1999. "Do Investors Trade Too Much?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1279-1298, December.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1988. "Entrepreneurs' perceived chances for success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 97-108.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2001. "Boys will be Boys: Gender, Overconfidence, and Common Stock Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 261-292.
- Donald L. Keefer & Samuel E. Bodily, 1983. "Three-Point Approximations for Continuous Random Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 595-609, May.
- Lawrence, Michael & O'Connor, Marcus, 1993. "Scale, Variability, and the Calibration of Judgmental Prediction Intervals," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 441-458, December.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2002. "Online Investors: Do the Slow Die First?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(2), pages 455-488, March.
- Elke U. Weber & Christopher Hsee, 1998. "Cross-Cultural Differences in Risk Perception, but Cross-Cultural Similarities in Attitudes Towards Perceived Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(9), pages 1205-1217, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grassetti, Francesca & Mammana, Cristiana & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2019. "On the interaction between real economy and financial markets," MPRA Paper 91975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Spiwoks & Kilian Bizer, 2018. "Correlation Neglect and Overconfidence. An Experimental Study," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 8(3), pages 1-5.
- Nicolas Aubert & Niaz Kammoun & Yacine Bekrar, 2018. "Financial decisions of the financially literate," Finance, Presses universitaires de Grenoble, vol. 39(2), pages 43-91.
- E. M. Cervellati & P. Pattitoni & M. Savioli, 2016.
"Cognitive Biases and Entrepreneurial Under-Diversification,"
wp1076, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Enrico Maria Cervellati & Pierpaolo Pattitoni & Marco Savioli, 2016. "Cognitive Biases and Entrepreneurial Under-Diversification," Working Paper series 16-24, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Park, Na Young, 2019. "Patience in financial decisions and post-secondary education," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(C).
- Zamri Ahmad & Haslindar Ibrahim & Jasman Tuyon, 2017. "Institutional investor behavioral biases: syntheses of theory and evidence," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(5), pages 578-603, May.
- Osman Sayid Hassan Musse & Abdelghani Echchabi & Hassanuddeen Abdul Aziz, 2015. "Islamic and Conventional Behavioral Finance: A Critical Review of Literature التمويل السلوكي الإسلامي والتقليدي: مراجعة نقدية للأدبيات," Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics, King Abdulaziz University, Islamic Economics Institute., vol. 28(2), pages 237-251, July.
More about this item
KeywordsOverconfidence; Risk taking; Risk perception; Finance professionals; Investor behavior;
- G02 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Finance: Underlying Principles
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:11:y:2014:i:2:p:64-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.