Equity market integration in Latin America: A time-varying integration score analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heaney, Richard & Hooper, Vince, 2002. "Regional Integration of Stock Markets in Latin America," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 17, pages 745-760.
- Akdogan, Haluk, 1992. "Behavior of systematic risk in a regionally integrated model for stock prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 213-216, June.
- Ricardo J.Caballero, 2001.
"Macroeconomic volatility in Latin America: a view and three case studies,"
Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1 Year 20), pages 5-52, June.
- Ricardo J. Caballero, 2000. "Macroeconomic Volatility in Latin America: A View and Three Case Studies," NBER Working Papers 7782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caballero, Ricardo J., 2011. "Macroeconomic Volatility in Latin America: A View and Three Case Studies," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1969, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Pretorius, Elna, 2002. "Economic determinants of emerging stock market interdependence," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 84-105, March.
- Roll, Richard, 1992. "Industrial Structure and the Comparative Behavior of International Stock Market Indices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Errunza, Vihang & Losq, Etienne, 1985. "International Asset Pricing under Mild Segmentation: Theory and Test," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 105-124, March.
- Solnik, B H, 1974. "The International Pricing of Risk: An Empirical Investigation of the World Capital Market Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 365-378, May.
- Stehle, Richard E, 1977. "An Empirical Test of the Alternative Hypotheses of National and International Pricing of Risky Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 493-502, May.
- Kam C. Chan & Benton E. Gup & Ming-Shiun Pan, 1997. "International Stock Market Efficiency and Integration: A Study of Eighteen Nations," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(6), pages 803-813.
- Chen, Nai-fu & Zhang, Feng, 1997. "Correlations, trades and stock returns of the Pacific-Basin markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 559-577, December.
- Angelos Kanas, 1998.
"Linkages between the US and European equity markets: further evidence from cointegration tests,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 607-614.
- Angelos Kanas, "undated". "Linkages between the US and European Equity Markets: Further Evidence from cointegration Tests," Working Papers 9804, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Bracker, Kevin & Docking, Diane Scott & Koch, Paul D., 1999. "Economic determinants of evolution in international stock market integration," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1997. "Stochastic Trends in Stock Prices: Evidence from Latin American Markets," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 285-304, April.
- Johnson, Robert & Soenen, Luc, 2003. "Economic integration and stock market comovement in the Americas," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 85-100, February.
- Serra, Ana Paula, 2000. "Country and industry factors in returns: evidence from emerging markets' stocks," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 127-151, September.
- Olienyk, John P. & Schwebach, Robert G. & Kenton Zumwalt, J., 1999. "WEBS, SPDRs, and country funds: an analysis of international cointegration," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3-4), pages 217-232, November.
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric & Rault, Christophe, 2013.
"Equity risk premium and regional integration,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 79-85.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Frédéric Teulon & Christophe Rault, 2013. "Equity Risk Premium and Regional Integration," CESifo Working Paper Series 4158, CESifo.
- Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon & Christophe Rault, 2014. "Equity Risk Premium and Regional Integration," Working Papers 2014-371, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault & Frédéric Teulon, 2013. "Equity Risk Premium and Regional Integration," Working Papers hal-00798052, HAL.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Vigne, Samuel A. & Ballester, Laura & Barbopoulos, Leonidas & Brzeszczynski, Janusz & Carchano, Oscar & Dimic, Nebojsa & Fernandez, Viviana & Gogolin, Fabian & González-Urteaga, Ana , 2018. "Future directions in international financial integration research - A crowdsourced perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 35-49.
- Phengpis, Chanwit & Swanson, Peggy E., 2006. "Portfolio diversification effects of trading blocs: The case of NAFTA," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 315-331, July.
- Sanjay Sehgal & Piyush Pandey & Florent Deisting, 2018.
"Time varying integration amongst the South Asian equity markets: An empirical study,"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1452328-145, January.
- Florent DEISTING & Sanjay SEHGAL & Piyush PANDEY, 2017. "Time Varying Integration amongst the South Asian Equity Markets: An Empirical Study," Working Papers 2016-2017_7, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Apr 2017.
- Sanjay Sehgal & Piyush Pandey & Florent Deisting, 2017. "Time Varying Integration amongst the South Asian Equity Markets: An Empirical Study," Working Papers hal-01885142, HAL.
- Chen, Peng, 2018. "Understanding international stock market comovements: A comparison of developed and emerging markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 451-464.
- Henry Aray, 2006. "The Latin American and Spanish Stock markets," ThE Papers 06/12, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Cardona, Laura & Gutiérrez, Marcela & Agudelo, Diego A., 2017.
"Volatility transmission between US and Latin American stock markets: Testing the decoupling hypothesis,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 115-127.
- Diego A. Agudelo & Marcela Gutiérrez & Laura Cardona, 2015. "Volatility transmission between US and Latin American Stock Markets: testing the decoupling hypothesis," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 014252, Universidad EAFIT.
- Boamah, Nicholas Addai & Loudon, Geoffrey & Watts, Edward J., 2017. "Structural breaks in the relative importance of country and industry factors in African stock returns," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 79-88.
- Sam Agyei-Ampomah, 2011. "Stock market integration in Africa," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 242-256, February.
- Sugimoto, Kimiko & Matsuki, Takashi & Yoshida, Yushi, 2014.
"The global financial crisis: An analysis of the spillover effects on African stock markets,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 201-233.
- Sugimoto, Kimiko & Matsuki, Takashi & Yoshida, Yushi, 2013. "The global financial crisis: An analysis of the spillover effects on African stock markets," MPRA Paper 50473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gourène, Grakolet Arnold Zamereith & Mendy, Pierre & Ake N'gbo, Gilbert Marie, 2017. "Multiple time-xcales analysis of global stock markets spillovers effects in African stock markets," MPRA Paper 77632, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Lagoarde-Segot & Brian M. Lucey, 2007. "Capital Market Integration in the Middle East and North Africa," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 34-57, June.
- Boamah, Nicholas Addai & Watts, Edward J. & Loudon, Geoffrey, 2017. "Financial crisis, the real sector and global effects on the African stock markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 88-96.
- Tseng, Hsiou-Ying, 2010. "How does the removal of the United States short-sale rules impact three Latin American markets?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 127-133, March.
- Gregory Birg & Brian M. Lucey, 2006. "Integration Of Smaller European Equity Markets : A Time-Varying Integration Score Analysis," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp136, IIIS.
- Andrés Rivas & Rahul Verma & Antonio Rodriguez & Pedro H. Albuquerque, 2005. "Do European Stock Markets Affect Latin American Stock Markets?," Finance 0512017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:13:y:2004:i:5:p:649-668. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.