International portfolio diversification: a synthesis and an update
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, John Y & Hamao, Yasushi, 1992.
" Predictable Stock Returns in the United States and Japan: A Study of Long-Term Capital Market Integration,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 43-69, March.
- John Y. Campbell & Yasushi Hamao, 1989. "Predictable Stock Returns in the United States and Japan: A Study of Long-Term Capital Market Integration," NBER Working Papers 3191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Campbell, John, 1992. "Predictable Stock Returns in the United States and Japan: A Study of Long-Term Capital Market Integration," Scholarly Articles 3207694, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1985. "International Portfolio Diversification with Estimation Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 259-278, July.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1986. "Bayes-Stein Estimation for Portfolio Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 279-292, September.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M., 1997.
"Why is there a home bias? An analysis of foreign portfolio equity ownership in Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 3-28, October.
- Jun-Koo Kang & Rene M. Stulz, 1995. "Why Is There a Home Bias? An Analysis of Foreign Portfolio Equity Ownership in Japan," NBER Working Papers 5166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anonymous, 1993. "Economic forecasts overview," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 56, March.
- Roll, Richard, 1992. " Industrial Structure and the Comparative Behavior of International Stock Market Indices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Stehle, Richard E, 1977. "An Empirical Test of the Alternative Hypotheses of National and International Pricing of Risky Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 493-502, May.
- Cheol S. Eun & Bruce G. Resnick, 1994. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios: U.S. and Japanese Perspectives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 140-161, January.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Hilliard, Jimmy E, 1979. "The Relationship between Equity Indices on World Exchanges," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 103-114, March.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- A. G. Malliaris & Jorge L. Urrutia, 2005.
"The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Economic Uncertainty, Instabilities And Asset Bubbles Selected Essays, chapter 16, pages 251-262
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1992. "The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 353-364, September.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- French, Kenneth R & Poterba, James M, 1991.
"Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Kenneth R. French & James M. Poterba, 1991. "Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 3609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertoneche, Marc L., 1979. "An empirical analysis of the interrelationships among equity markets under changing exchange rate systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 397-405, December.
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Earl D. Benson & Sophie X. Kong, 2015. "The Co-Movement of U.S. Equity Returns with the Developed and Emerging Markets of Australasia and Asia," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(1), pages 102-117, January.
- Alexander Eptas & Lawrence A. Leger, 2010. "A Mean-Variance Diagnosis of the Financial Crisis: International Diversification and Safe Havens," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Raquel J. Fonseca & Steve Zymler & Wolfram Wiesemann & Berc Rustem, 2009. "Robust Optimization of Currency Portfolios," Working Papers 012, COMISEF.
- Meyer, Thomas O. & Rose, Lawrence C., 2003. "The persistence of international diversification benefits before and during the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 217-242, July.
- Borgsen, Sina & Glaser, Markus, 2005. "Diversifikationseffekte durch Small und Mid Caps?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 05-10, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Roca, Eduardo, 2006. "A re-examination of international portfolio diversification based on evidence from leveraged bootstrap methods," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 993-1007, December.
- Martín-Barragán, Belén & Ramos, Sofia B. & Veiga, Helena, 2015.
"Correlations between oil and stock markets: A wavelet-based approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 212-227.
- Martín-Barragán, Belén & Ramos, Sofía B. & Veiga, Helena, 2013. "Correlations between oil and stock markets : a wavelet-based approach," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws130504, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Raquel Fonseca & Wolfram Wiesemann & Berç Rustem, 2012. "Robust international portfolio management," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 31-62, February.
- C. Worthington, Andrew & Higgs, Helen, 2010. "Assessing Financial Integration in the European Union Equity Markets: Panel Unit Root and Multivariate Cointegration and Causality Evidence," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 457-479.
- Siv Taing & Andrew Worthington, 2005. "Return relationships among European equity sectors: A comparative analysis across selected sectors in small and large economies," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 371-388, November.
- Leyuan You & Robert Daigler, 2010. "The strength and source of asymmetric international diversification," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 34(3), pages 349-364, July.
- Siv Heng Taing & Andrew C. Worthington, 2002. "Comovements among European equity sectors: Selected evidence from the consumer discretionary, consumer staples, financial, industrial and materials sectors," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 116, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- You, Leyuan & Daigler, Robert T., 2010. "Is international diversification really beneficial?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 163-173, January.
- Borgsen, Sina & Glaser, Markus, 2005. "Diversifikationseffekte durch small und mid caps? : Eine empirische Untersuchung basierend auf europäischen Aktienindizes," Papers 05-10, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Canela, Miguel Angel & Collazo, Eduardo Pedreira, 2007. "Portfolio selection with skewness in emerging market industries," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 230-250, September.
- Lu, Jin-Ray & Chan, Chih-Ming & Wen, Mei-Hui, 2012. "Which demands affect optimal international portfolio choices?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1292-1306.
- Liljeblom, Eva & Loflund, Anders, 2005. "Determinants of international portfolio investment flows to a small market: Empirical evidence," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 211-233, July.
- Camilleri, Silvio John & Galea, Gabriella, 2009. "The Diversification Potential Offered by Emerging Markets in Recent Years," MPRA Paper 62491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schröder, Michael, 2000. "Investment opportunities in Central and Eastern European equity markets: an econometric examination of the risk-return relationships for western investors," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-42, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:7:y:1997:i:4:p:303-327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.