Hydrogen generator characteristics for storage of renewably-generated energy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gassner, M. & Maréchal, F., 2008. "Thermo-economic optimisation of the integration of electrolysis in synthetic natural gas production from wood," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 189-198.
- Guandalini, Giulio & Campanari, Stefano & Romano, Matteo C., 2015. "Power-to-gas plants and gas turbines for improved wind energy dispatchability: Energy and economic assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 117-130.
- Shafiullah, G.M. & M.T. Oo, Amanullah & Shawkat Ali, A.B.M. & Wolfs, Peter, 2013. "Potential challenges of integrating large-scale wind energy into the power grid–A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 306-321.
- Martínez, I. & Romano, M.C., 2016. "Flexible sorption enhanced gasification (SEG) of biomass for the production of synthetic natural gas (SNG) and liquid biofuels: Process assessment of stand-alone and power-to-gas plant schemes for SNG," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 615-630.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Growitsch, Christian & Lorenczik, Stefan & Nagl, Stephan, 2016.
"Flexibility in Europe's power sector — An additional requirement or an automatic complement?,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 118-131.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Growitsch, Christian & Lorenczik, Stefan & Nagl, Stephan, 2013. "Flexibility in Europe's Power Sector - an Additional Requirement or an Automatic Complement?," EWI Working Papers 2013-10, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Bertsch, Joachim & Growitsch, Christian & Lorenczik, Stefan & Nagl, Stephan, 2013. "Flexibility in Europe's power sector - an additional requirement or an automatic complement?," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79944, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kondziella, Hendrik & Bruckner, Thomas, 2016. "Flexibility requirements of renewable energy based electricity systems – a review of research results and methodologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 10-22.
- Atsonios, K. & Violidakis, I. & Sfetsioris, K. & Rakopoulos, D.C. & Grammelis, P. & Kakaras, E., 2016. "Pre-dried lignite technology implementation in partial load/low demand cases for flexibility enhancement," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 427-436.
- Olateju, Babatunde & Monds, Joshua & Kumar, Amit, 2014. "Large scale hydrogen production from wind energy for the upgrading of bitumen from oil sands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 48-56.
- Taamallah, S. & Vogiatzaki, K. & Alzahrani, F.M. & Mokheimer, E.M.A. & Habib, M.A. & Ghoniem, A.F., 2015. "Fuel flexibility, stability and emissions in premixed hydrogen-rich gas turbine combustion: Technology, fundamentals, and numerical simulations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 1020-1047.
- Rahmani, Mohsen & Jaramillo, Paulina & Hug, Gabriela, 2016. "Implications of environmental regulation and coal plant retirements in systems with large scale penetration of wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 196-210.
- Auer, Hans & Haas, Reinhard, 2016. "On integrating large shares of variable renewables into the electricity system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1592-1601.
- Manditereza, Patrick Tendayi & Bansal, Ramesh, 2016. "Renewable distributed generation: The hidden challenges – A review from the protection perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1457-1465.
- Gawlik, Lidia & Szurlej, Adam & Wyrwa, Artur, 2015. "The impact of the long-term EU target for renewables on the structure of electricity production in Poland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P2), pages 172-178.
- Kato, Takeyoshi & Kubota, Mitsuhiro & Kobayashi, Noriyuki & Suzuoki, Yasuo, 2005. "Effective utilization of by-product oxygen from electrolysis hydrogen production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 2580-2595.
- Haas, Reinhard & Resch, Gustav & Panzer, Christian & Busch, Sebastian & Ragwitz, Mario & Held, Anne, 2011. "Efficiency and effectiveness of promotion systems for electricity generation from renewable energy sources – Lessons from EU countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2186-2193.
- Papaefthymiou, G. & Dragoon, Ken, 2016. "Towards 100% renewable energy systems: Uncapping power system flexibility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 69-82.
- Stempien, Jan Pawel & Sun, Qiang & Chan, Siew Hwa, 2013. "Performance of power generation extension system based on solid-oxide electrolyzer cells under various design conditions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 647-657.
- Steffen, Bjarne & Weber, Christoph, 2013.
"Efficient storage capacity in power systems with thermal and renewable generation,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 556-567.
- Bjarne Steffen & Christoph Weber, 2011. "Efficient storage capacity in power systems with thermal and renewable generation," EWL Working Papers 1104, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Aug 2011.
- Huber, Matthias & Dimkova, Desislava & Hamacher, Thomas, 2014. "Integration of wind and solar power in Europe: Assessment of flexibility requirements," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 236-246.
- Shivashankar, S. & Mekhilef, Saad & Mokhlis, Hazlie & Karimi, M., 2016. "Mitigating methods of power fluctuation of photovoltaic (PV) sources – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1170-1184.
- Hong, Lixuan & Lund, Henrik & Möller, Bernd, 2012. "The importance of flexible power plant operation for Jiangsu's wind integration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 499-507.
- Singh, Sonal & Jain, Shikha & PS, Venkateswaran & Tiwari, Avanish K. & Nouni, Mansa R. & Pandey, Jitendra K. & Goel, Sanket, 2015. "Hydrogen: A sustainable fuel for future of the transport sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 623-633.
- Brouwer, Anne Sjoerd & van den Broek, Machteld & Seebregts, Ad & Faaij, André, 2015. "Operational flexibility and economics of power plants in future low-carbon power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 107-128.
- Mansilla, Christine & Sigurvinsson, Jon & Bontemps, André & Maréchal, Alain & Werkoff, François, 2007. "Heat management for hydrogen production by high temperature steam electrolysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 423-430.
- Barelli, L. & Desideri, U. & Ottaviano, A., 2015. "Challenges in load balance due to renewable energy sources penetration: The possible role of energy storage technologies relative to the Italian case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 393-405.
- Luo, Xing & Wang, Jihong & Dooner, Mark & Clarke, Jonathan, 2015. "Overview of current development in electrical energy storage technologies and the application potential in power system operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 511-536.
- Bouman, Evert A. & Øberg, Martha M. & Hertwich, Edgar G., 2016. "Environmental impacts of balancing offshore wind power with compressed air energy storage (CAES)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 91-98.
- Paska, Józef & Surma, Tomasz, 2014. "Electricity generation from renewable energy sources in Poland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 286-294.
- Spiecker, Stephan & Weber, Christoph, 2014. "The future of the European electricity system and the impact of fluctuating renewable energy – A scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 185-197.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank, Elimar & Gorre, Jachin & Ruoss, Fabian & Friedl, Markus J., 2018. "Calculation and analysis of efficiencies and annual performances of Power-to-Gas systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 218(C), pages 217-231.
- Sakr, I.M. & Abdelsalam, Ali M. & El-Askary, W.A., 2017. "Effect of electrodes separator-type on hydrogen production using solar energy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(P1), pages 625-632.
- Karamanev, Dimitre & Pupkevich, Victor & Penev, Kalin & Glibin, Vassili & Gohil, Jay & Vajihinejad, Vahid, 2017. "Biological conversion of hydrogen to electricity for energy storage," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 237-245.
- Kotowicz, Janusz & Węcel, Daniel & Jurczyk, Michał, 2018. "Analysis of component operation in power-to-gas-to-power installations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 45-59.
- Khosravi, A. & Syri, Sanna & Assad, M.E.H. & Malekan, M., 2019. "Thermodynamic and economic analysis of a hybrid ocean thermal energy conversion/photovoltaic system with hydrogen-based energy storage system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 304-319.
- Robinius, Martin & Raje, Tanmay & Nykamp, Stefan & Rott, Tobias & Müller, Martin & Grube, Thomas & Katzenbach, Burkhard & Küppers, Stefan & Stolten, Detlef, 2018. "Power-to-Gas: Electrolyzers as an alternative to network expansion – An example from a distribution system operator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 182-197.
- Wang, Feng & Li, Rongfeng & Ding, Cuiping & Tang, Wukui & Wang, Yibo & Xu, Shimeng & Yu, Ronghai & Wang, Zhongmin, 2017. "Enhanced hydrogen storage properties of ZrCo alloy decorated with flower-like Pd particles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 8-17.
- Bartela, Łukasz & Kotowicz, Janusz & Dubiel-Jurgaś, Klaudia, 2018. "Investment risk for biomass integrated gasification combined heat and power unit with an internal combustion engine and a Stirling engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 601-616.
- González Rodríguez, Daniel & Brayner de Oliveira Lira, Carlos Alberto & García Parra, Lázaro Roger & García Hernández, Carlos Rafael & de la Torre Valdés, Raciel, 2018. "Computational model of a sulfur-iodine thermochemical water splitting system coupled to a VHTR for nuclear hydrogen production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 1165-1176.
- Peydayesh, Mohammad & Mohammadi, Toraj & Bakhtiari, Omid, 2017. "Effective hydrogen purification from methane via polyimide Matrimid® 5218- Deca-dodecasil 3R type zeolite mixed matrix membrane," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 2100-2107.
- Rimkus, Alfredas & Matijošius, Jonas & Bogdevičius, Marijonas & Bereczky, Ákos & Török, Ádám, 2018. "An investigation of the efficiency of using O2 and H2 (hydrooxile gas -HHO) gas additives in a ci engine operating on diesel fuel and biodiesel," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 640-651.
- Khosravi, A. & Koury, R.N.N. & Machado, L. & Pabon, J.J.G., 2018. "Energy, exergy and economic analysis of a hybrid renewable energy with hydrogen storage system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 1087-1102.
More about this item
KeywordsHydrogen generator; Efficiency; Power-to-Gas; Economic analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:118:y:2017:i:c:p:156-171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.