Power-to-Gas: Electrolyzers as an alternative to network expansion – An example from a distribution system operator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertsch, Valentin & Hall, Margeret & Weinhardt, Christof & Fichtner, Wolf, 2016. "Public acceptance and preferences related to renewable energy and grid expansion policy: Empirical insights for Germany," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 465-477.
- Reuß, M. & Grube, T. & Robinius, M. & Preuster, P. & Wasserscheid, P. & Stolten, D., 2017. "Seasonal storage and alternative carriers: A flexible hydrogen supply chain model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C), pages 290-302.
- Guandalini, Giulio & Campanari, Stefano & Romano, Matteo C., 2015. "Power-to-gas plants and gas turbines for improved wind energy dispatchability: Energy and economic assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 117-130.
- Zhang, Xiaojin & Bauer, Christian & Mutel, Christopher L. & Volkart, Kathrin, 2017. "Life Cycle Assessment of Power-to-Gas: Approaches, system variations and their environmental implications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 326-338.
- Bensmann, B. & Hanke-Rauschenbach, R. & Müller-Syring, G. & Henel, M. & Sundmacher, K., 2016. "Optimal configuration and pressure levels of electrolyzer plants in context of power-to-gas applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 107-124.
- Caumon, Pauline & Lopez-Botet Zulueta, Miguel & Louyrette, Jérémy & Albou, Sandrine & Bourasseau, Cyril & Mansilla, Christine, 2015. "Flexible hydrogen production implementation in the French power system: Expected impacts at the French and European levels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 556-562.
- Alexander Otto & Martin Robinius & Thomas Grube & Sebastian Schiebahn & Aaron Praktiknjo & Detlef Stolten, 2017. "Power-to-Steel: Reducing CO 2 through the Integration of Renewable Energy and Hydrogen into the German Steel Industry," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-21, April.
- Bolívar Jaramillo, Lucas & Weidlich, Anke, 2016. "Optimal microgrid scheduling with peak load reduction involving an electrolyzer and flexible loads," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 857-865.
- Martin Robinius & Alexander Otto & Philipp Heuser & Lara Welder & Konstantinos Syranidis & David S. Ryberg & Thomas Grube & Peter Markewitz & Ralf Peters & Detlef Stolten, 2017. "Linking the Power and Transport Sectors—Part 1: The Principle of Sector Coupling," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-22, July.
- Kotowicz, Janusz & Bartela, Łukasz & Węcel, Daniel & Dubiel, Klaudia, 2017. "Hydrogen generator characteristics for storage of renewably-generated energy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 156-171.
- Martin Robinius & Alexander Otto & Konstantinos Syranidis & David S. Ryberg & Philipp Heuser & Lara Welder & Thomas Grube & Peter Markewitz & Vanessa Tietze & Detlef Stolten, 2017. "Linking the Power and Transport Sectors—Part 2: Modelling a Sector Coupling Scenario for Germany," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-23, July.
- Nastasi, Benedetto & Lo Basso, Gianluigi, 2016. "Hydrogen to link heat and electricity in the transition towards future Smart Energy Systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 5-22.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perez-Trujillo, Juan Pedro & Elizalde-Blancas, Francisco & Della Pietra, Massimiliano & McPhail, Stephen J., 2018. "A numerical and experimental comparison of a single reversible molten carbonate cell operating in fuel cell mode and electrolysis mode," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 1037-1055.
- Zhang, Xian & Chan, K.W. & Wang, Huaizhi & Hu, Jiefeng & Zhou, Bin & Zhang, Yan & Qiu, Jing, 2019. "Game-theoretic planning for integrated energy system with independent participants considering ancillary services of power-to-gas stations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 249-264.
- Bellocchi, Sara & De Falco, Marcello & Gambini, Marco & Manno, Michele & Stilo, Tommaso & Vellini, Michela, 2019. "Opportunities for power-to-Gas and Power-to-liquid in CO2-reduced energy scenarios: The Italian case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 847-861.
- McDonagh, Shane & Ahmed, Shorif & Desmond, Cian & Murphy, Jerry D, 2020. "Hydrogen from offshore wind: Investor perspective on the profitability of a hybrid system including for curtailment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 265(C).
- Fischer, David & Kaufmann, Florian & Hollinger, Raphael & Voglstätter, Christopher, 2018. "Real live demonstration of MPC for a power-to-gas plant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 833-842.
- Kaya, Mehmet Fatih & Demir, Nesrin & Rees, Neil V. & El-Kharouf, Ahmad, 2020. "Improving PEM water electrolyser’s performance by magnetic field application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 264(C).
- Brown, T. & Schlachtberger, D. & Kies, A. & Schramm, S. & Greiner, M., 2018. "Synergies of sector coupling and transmission reinforcement in a cost-optimised, highly renewable European energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 720-739.
- Xing, Xuetao & Lin, Jin & Song, Yonghua & Hu, Qiang & Zhou, You & Mu, Shujun, 2018. "Optimization of hydrogen yield of a high-temperature electrolysis system with coordinated temperature and feed factors at various loading conditions: A model-based study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 368-385.
- Lahnaoui, Amin & Wulf, Christina & Heinrichs, Heidi & Dalmazzone, Didier, 2018. "Optimizing hydrogen transportation system for mobility by minimizing the cost of transportation via compressed gas truck in North Rhine-Westphalia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 223(C), pages 317-328.
- McDonagh, Shane & Deane, Paul & Rajendran, Karthik & Murphy, Jerry D., 2019. "Are electrofuels a sustainable transport fuel? Analysis of the effect of controls on carbon, curtailment, and cost of hydrogen," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 247(C), pages 716-730.
- Frank, Elimar & Gorre, Jachin & Ruoss, Fabian & Friedl, Markus J., 2018. "Calculation and analysis of efficiencies and annual performances of Power-to-Gas systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 218(C), pages 217-231.
- McDonagh, Shane & O'Shea, Richard & Wall, David M. & Deane, J.P. & Murphy, Jerry D., 2018. "Modelling of a power-to-gas system to predict the levelised cost of energy of an advanced renewable gaseous transport fuel," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 444-456.
- Juanwei, Chen & Tao, Yu & Yue, Xu & Xiaohua, Cheng & Bo, Yang & Baomin, Zhen, 2019. "Fast analytical method for reliability evaluation of electricity-gas integrated energy system considering dispatch strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 260-272.
- Pavičević, Matija & Mangipinto, Andrea & Nijs, Wouter & Lombardi, Francesco & Kavvadias, Konstantinos & Jiménez Navarro, Juan Pablo & Colombo, Emanuela & Quoilin, Sylvain, 2020. "The potential of sector coupling in future European energy systems: Soft linking between the Dispa-SET and JRC-EU-TIMES models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 267(C).
- Gu, Chenghong & Tang, Can & Xiang, Yue & Xie, Da, 2019. "Power-to-gas management using robust optimisation in integrated energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 681-689.
- Furat Dawood & GM Shafiullah & Martin Anda, 2020. "Stand-Alone Microgrid with 100% Renewable Energy: A Case Study with Hybrid Solar PV-Battery-Hydrogen," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-17, March.
- Juangsa, Firman Bagja & Prananto, Lukman Adi & Mufrodi, Zahrul & Budiman, Arief & Oda, Takuya & Aziz, Muhammad, 2018. "Highly energy-efficient combination of dehydrogenation of methylcyclohexane and hydrogen-based power generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 31-38.
- Percebois, Jacques & Pommeret, Stanislas, 2019. "Storage cost induced by a large substitution of nuclear by intermittent renewable energies: The French case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
More about this item
KeywordsPower-to-gas; Distribution grid; Electrolyzer; Network expansion; Hydrogen; Electrical grid;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:210:y:2018:i:c:p:182-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.