Does (better) electricity supply increase household enterprise income in India?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gunther Bensch & Jochen Kluve & Jörg Peters, 2011.
"Impacts of rural electrification in Rwanda,"
Journal of Development Effectiveness,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 567-588, December.
- Bensch, Gunther & Kluve, Jochen & Peters, Jörg, 2011. "Impacts of Rural Electrification in Rwanda," Ruhr Economic Papers 284, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bensch, Gunther & Kluve, Jochen & Peters, Jörg, 2011. "Impacts of Rural Electrification in Rwanda," IZA Discussion Papers 6195, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shahidur R. Khandker, Hussain A. Samad, Rubaba Ali, and Douglas F. Barnes, 2014.
"Who Benefits Most from Rural Electrification? Evidence in India,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Samad, Hussain A. & Ali, Rubaba & Barnes, Douglas F., 2012. "Who Benefits Most from Rural Electrification? Evidence in India," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125090, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Samad, Hussain A. & Ali, Rubaba & Barnes, Douglas F., 2012. "Who benefits most from rural electrification ? evidence in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6095, The World Bank.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2011. "The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3078-3108, December.
- Barham, Tania & Lipscomb, Molly & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2011.
"Development Effects of Electrification: Evidence from the Geologic Placement of Hydropower Plants in Brazil,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8427, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lipscomb, Molly & Mobarak Mushfiq, Ahmed & Bahram, Tania, 2011. "Development effects of electrification: evidence from the geologic placement of hydropower plants in Brazil," Research Department working papers 218, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2006.
"Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 869-902, October.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social networks and technology adoption in Northern Mozambique," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3539, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 35, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," CEPR Discussion Papers 3341, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, February.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2002. "Identity and Schooling: Some Lessons for the Economics of Education," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1167-1201, December.
- Kooijman-van Dijk, Annemarije L., 2012. "The role of energy in creating opportunities for income generation in the Indian Himalayas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 529-536.
- Madhu Khanna & Narasimha D. Rao, 2009. "Supply and Demand of Electricity in the Developing World," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 567-596, September.
- Gibson, John & Olivia, Susan, 2010.
"The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 717-726, May.
- John Gibson & Susan Olivia, 2008. "The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia," Working Papers in Economics 08/17, University of Waikato.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Development Report 2010," African Development Report, African Development Bank, number 389.
- Vivien Foster & Cecilia Briceno-Garmendia, 2010. "Africa's Infrastructure : A Time for Transformation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2692, August.
- Payne, James E., 2010. "A survey of the electricity consumption-growth literature," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 723-731, March.
- Yanovitzky, Itzhak & Zanutto, Elaine & Hornik, Robert, 2005. "Estimating causal effects of public health education campaigns using propensity score methodology," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 209-220, May.
- Straub, Stephane, 2008.
"Infrastructure and growth in developing countries : recent advances and research challenges,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4460, The World Bank.
- Stephane Straub, 2008. "Infrastructure and Growth in Developing Countries: Recent Advances and Research Challenges," ESE Discussion Papers 179, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Sur, Mona, 2007.
"Sri Lanka's Rural Non-Farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-Poor Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2056-2078, December.
- Jin, Songqing & Deininger, Klaus W. & Sur, Mona, 2005. "Sri Lanka's Rural Non-farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-poor Growth," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19280, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Oecd, 2012. "Developments in Mobile Termination," OECD Digital Economy Papers 193, OECD Publishing.
- Narasimha D. Rao & Paul Baer, 2012. "“Decent Living” Emissions: A Conceptual Framework," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-26, April.
- Sanghvi, Arun P., 1991. "Power shortages in developing countries : Impacts and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 425-440, June.
- Sarkar, Ashok, 1996. "Reliability evaluation of a generation-resource plan using customer-outage costs in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 795-803.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salmon, Claire & Tanguy, Jeremy, 2016.
"Rural Electrification and Household Labor Supply: Evidence from Nigeria,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 48-68.
- Claire Salmon & Jeremy Tanguy, 2014. "Rural Electrification and Household Labor Supply: Evidence from Nigeria," TEPP Working Paper 2014-10, TEPP.
- Claire Salmon & Jeremy Tanguy, 2016. "Rural Electrification and Household Labor Supply: Evidence from Nigeria," Post-Print hal-01588336, HAL.
- Claire Salmon & Jérémy Tanguy, 2014. "Rural Electrification and Household Labor Supply: Evidence from Nigeria," Working Papers halshs-01100275, HAL.
- Brahma, Antara & Saikia, Kangkana & Hiloidhari, Moonmoon & Baruah, D.C., 2016. "GIS based planning of a biomethanation power plant in Assam, India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 596-608.
- Harish, Santosh M. & Morgan, Granger M. & Subrahmanian, Eswaran, 2014. "When does unreliable grid supply become unacceptable policy? Costs of power supply and outages in rural India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 158-169.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:109-117 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kashi, Bahman, 2015. "Risk management and the stated investment costs by independent power producers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 660-668.
- Bahman Kashi, 2014. "Risk Management and the Stated Capital Costs by Independent Power Producers," Development Discussion Papers 2014-03, JDI Executive Programs.
- Smith, Kirk R. & Sagar, Ambuj, 2014. "Making the clean available: Escaping India’s Chulha Trap," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 410-414.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:346-359 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy poverty; Electricity reliability; Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:57:y:2013:i:c:p:532-541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.