A comparison of innovation policy in the smart grid industry across the pacific: China and the USA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1974. "Prices vs. Quantities," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 477-491.
- Jacobs, Dany, 1998. "Innovation policies within the framework of internationalization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 711-724, November.
- Kim, Tai-Yoo & Kim, Seung-Rae, 1993. "An integrated energy policy for Korea: The case of an energy importing country," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1001-1010, October.
- Allen, Thomas J. & Utterback, James M. & Sirbu, Marvin A. & Ashford, Nicholas A. & Hollomon, J. Herbert, 1978. "Government influence on the process of innovation in Europe and Japan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 124-149, April.
- Osman Yilmaz, A. & Uslu, Tuncay, 2007. "Energy policies of Turkey during the period 1923-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 258-264, January.
- Verbong, Geert P.J. & Beemsterboer, Sjouke & Sengers, Frans, 2013. "Smart grids or smart users? Involving users in developing a low carbon electricity economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 117-125.
- Loiter, Jeffrey M. & Norberg-Bohm, Vicki, 1999. "Technology policy and renewable energy: public roles in the development of new energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 85-97, February.
- Krishnamurti, Tamar & Schwartz, Daniel & Davis, Alexander & Fischhoff, Baruch & de Bruin, Wändi Bruine & Lave, Lester & Wang, Jack, 2012. "Preparing for smart grid technologies: A behavioral decision research approach to understanding consumer expectations about smart meters," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 790-797.
- Zio, Enrico & Aven, Terje, 2011. "Uncertainties in smart grids behavior and modeling: What are the risks and vulnerabilities? How to analyze them?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6308-6320, October.
- Edler, Jakob & Georghiou, Luke, 2007. "Public procurement and innovation--Resurrecting the demand side," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 949-963, September.
- Ngar-yin Mah, Daphne & van der Vleuten, Johannes Marinus & Chi-man Ip, Jasper & Ronald Hills, Peter, 2012. "Governing the transition of socio-technical systems: A case study of the development of smart grids in Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 133-141.
- Wissner, Matthias, 2011. "ICT, growth and productivity in the German energy sector - On the way to a smart grid?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 14-19, January.
- Chao, Hung-po, 2010. "Price-Responsive Demand Management for a Smart Grid World," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 7-20, January.
- Strbac, Goran, 2008. "Demand side management: Benefits and challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4419-4426, December.
- Blumsack, Seth & Fernandez, Alisha, 2012. "Ready or not, here comes the smart grid!," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 61-68.
- Banales-Lopez, Santiago & Norberg-Bohm, Vicki, 2002. "Public policy for energy technology innovation: A historical analysis of fluidized bed combustion development in the USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(13), pages 1173-1180, October.
- Pearson, Ivan L.G., 2011. "Smart grid cyber security for Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5211-5218, September.
- Hledik, Ryan, 2009. "How Green Is the Smart Grid?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 29-41, April.
- Burns, John Edward & Kang, Jin-Su, 2012. "Comparative economic analysis of supporting policies for residential solar PV in the United States: Solar Renewable Energy Credit (SREC) potential," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 217-225.
- Wissner, Matthias, 2011. "The Smart Grid - A saucerful of secrets?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(7), pages 2509-2518, July.
- Lau, Lee Chung & Tan, Kok Tat & Lee, Keat Teong & Mohamed, Abdul Rahman, 2009. "A comparative study on the energy policies in Japan and Malaysia in fulfilling their nations' obligations towards the Kyoto Protocol," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4771-4778, November.
- Jackson, Jerry, 2010. "Improving energy efficiency and smart grid program analysis with agent-based end-use forecasting models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3771-3780, July.
- Willrich, Mason, 2009. "Electricity Transmission Policy for America: Enabling a Smart Grid, End to End," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 77-82, December.
- Xia, X.H. & Huang, G.T. & Chen, G.Q. & Zhang, Bo & Chen, Z.M. & Yang, Q., 2011. "Energy security, efficiency and carbon emission of Chinese industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3520-3528, June.
- Wiser, Ryan & Pickle, Steven & Goldman, Charles, 1998. "Renewable energy policy and electricity restructuring: a California case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 465-475, May.
- Carley, Sanya, 2009. "State renewable energy electricity policies: An empirical evaluation of effectiveness," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3071-3081, August.
- Lund, Henrik & Andersen, Anders N. & Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Connolly, David, 2012. "From electricity smart grids to smart energy systems – A market operation based approach and understanding," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 96-102.
- Kissel, Johannes M. & Krauter, Stefan C.W., 2006. "Adaptations of renewable energy policies to unstable macroeconomic situations--Case study: Wind power in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3591-3598, December.
- Cédric Clastres, 2011. "Smart grids : Another step towards competition, energy security and climate change objectives," Post-Print halshs-00617702, HAL.
- Mah, Daphne Ngar-yin & van der Vleuten, Johannes Marinus & Hills, Peter & Tao, Julia, 2012. "Consumer perceptions of smart grid development: Results of a Hong Kong survey and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 204-216.
- Roy Rothwell & Walter Zegveld, 1984. "An Assessment Of Government Innovation Policies," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 3(3-4), pages 436-444, May.
- Simona O. Negro & Marko P. Hekkert, 2008. "Explaining the success of emerging technologies by innovation system functioning: the case of biomass digestion in Germany," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 08-08, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2008.
- Laird, Frank N. & Stefes, Christoph, 2009. "The diverging paths of German and United States policies for renewable energy: Sources of difference," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2619-2629, July.
- Wade, N.S. & Taylor, P.C. & Lang, P.D. & Jones, P.R., 2010. "Evaluating the benefits of an electrical energy storage system in a future smart grid," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7180-7188, November.
- Giordano, Vincenzo & Fulli, Gianluca, 2012. "A business case for Smart Grid technologies: A systemic perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 252-259.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bo, Zeng & Shaojie, Ouyang & Jianhua, Zhang & Hui, Shi & Geng, Wu & Ming, Zeng, 2015. "An analysis of previous blackouts in the world: Lessons for China׳s power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1151-1163.
- Mah, Daphne Ngar-yin & Wu, Yun-Ying & Ip, Jasper Chi-man & Hills, Peter Ronald, 2013. "The role of the state in sustainable energy transitions: A case study of large smart grid demonstration projects in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 726-737.
- Fadaeenejad, M. & Saberian, A.M. & Fadaee, Mohd. & Radzi, M.A.M. & Hizam, H. & AbKadir, M.Z.A., 2014. "The present and future of smart power grid in developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 828-834.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:1329-1349 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Amy H.I. & Chen, Hsing Hung & Chen, Jack, 2017. "Building smart grid to power the next century in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 126-135.
- Eid, Cherrelle & Codani, Paul & Perez, Yannick & Reneses, Javier & Hakvoort, Rudi, 2016. "Managing electric flexibility from Distributed Energy Resources: A review of incentives for market design," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 237-247.
- Chen, Hsing Hung & Chen, Silu & Lan, Yong, 2016. "Attaining a sustainable competitive advantage in the smart grid industry of China using suitable open innovation intermediaries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1083-1091.
- Masaru Yarime, 2018. "Japan’s Experience of Creating Innovation for Smart Cities: Implications for Public Policy for Urban Sustainability," Working Papers 170, JICA Research Institute.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:786-:d:98024 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1001-:d:101037 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chou, Jui-Sheng & Kim, Changwan & Ung, Thanh-Khiet & Yutami, I Gusti Ayu Novi & Lin, Guo-Tai & Son, Hyojoo, 2015. "Cross-country review of smart grid adoption in residential buildings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 192-213.
- Munish Manas, 2015. "Development of preferential regulations, transmission tariffs, and critical technological components for the promotion of smart grid globally," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(2), pages 107-130.
- Xiaoling Yuan & Jiangyang Zhang, 2014. "An Analysis of Development Mechanism of China’s Smart Grid," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 198-207.
- Coelho, Vitor N. & Weiss Cohen, Miri & Coelho, Igor M. & Liu, Nian & Guimarães, Frederico Gadelha, 2017. "Multi-agent systems applied for energy systems integration: State-of-the-art applications and trends in microgrids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 820-832.
More about this item
KeywordsSmart grid; Innovation policy; Cross national analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:57:y:2013:i:c:p:119-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.