Japan’s Experience of Creating Innovation for Smart Cities: Implications for Public Policy for Urban Sustainability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Smith, Adrian & Stirling, Andy & Berkhout, Frans, 2005. "The governance of sustainable socio-technical transitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1491-1510, December.
- Carlsson, B & Stankiewicz, R, 1991. "On the Nature, Function and Composition of Technological Systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 93-118, April.
- Clastres, Cédric, 2011. "Smart grids: Another step towards competition, energy security and climate change objectives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5399-5408, September.
- Lin, Chen-Chun & Yang, Chia-Han & Shyua, Joseph Z., 2013. "A comparison of innovation policy in the smart grid industry across the pacific: China and the USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 119-132.
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & ter Weel, Bas, 2010. "Systems of Innovation," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1159-1180, Elsevier.
- Kamp, Linda M. & Smits, Ruud E. H. M. & Andriesse, Cornelis D., 2004. "Notions on learning applied to wind turbine development in the Netherlands and Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(14), pages 1625-1637, September.
- Bas ter Weel & L. Soete & B. Verspagen, 2010. "Systems of innovation," CPB Discussion Paper 138, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Staffan Jacobsson & Anna Bergek, 2004. "Transforming the energy sector: the evolution of technological systems in renewable energy technology," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 815-849, October.
- Cédric Clastres, 2011. "Smart grids : Another step towards competition, energy security and climate change objectives," Post-Print halshs-00617702, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rakas, Marija & Hain, Daniel S., 2019. "The state of innovation system research: What happens beneath the surface?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(9), pages 1-1.
- Edsand, Hans-Erik, 2019. "Technological innovation system and the wider context: A framework for developing countries," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
- Markard, Jochen & Truffer, Bernhard, 2008. "Technological innovation systems and the multi-level perspective: Towards an integrated framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 596-615, May.
- Aurelie Tricoire, 2015. "Uncertainty, vision, and the vitality of the emerging smart grid," Post-Print hal-02351994, HAL.
- Graf, Holger & Kalthaus, Martin, 2018.
"International research networks: Determinants of country embeddedness,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(7), pages 1198-1214.
- Holger Graf & Martin Kalthaus, 2016. "International Research Networks: Determinants of Country Embeddedness," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-016, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- van Alphen, Klaas & van Ruijven, Jochem & Kasa, Sjur & Hekkert, Marko & Turkenburg, Wim, 2009. "The performance of the Norwegian carbon dioxide, capture and storage innovation system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 43-55, January.
- Bento, Nuno & Fontes, Margarida, 2015. "The construction of a new technological innovation system in a follower country: Wind energy in Portugal," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 197-210.
- Markard, Jochen & Raven, Rob & Truffer, Bernhard, 2012. "Sustainability transitions: An emerging field of research and its prospects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 955-967.
- Hellsmark, Hans & Frishammar, Johan & Söderholm, Patrik & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2016. "The role of pilot and demonstration plants in technology development and innovation policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1743-1761.
- Zhigao Liu & Yimei Yin & Weidong Liu & Michael Dunford, 2015. "Visualizing the intellectual structure and evolution of innovation systems research: a bibliometric analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 103(1), pages 135-158, April.
- del Río, Pablo & Peñasco, Cristina & Mir-Artigues, Pere, 2018. "An overview of drivers and barriers to concentrated solar power in the European Union," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 1019-1029.
- Weiwei Liu & Yuan Tao & Zhile Yang & Kexin Bi, 2019. "Exploring and Visualizing the Patent Collaboration Network: A Case Study of Smart Grid Field in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-18, January.
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Karltorp, Kersti, 2013. "Mechanisms blocking the dynamics of the European offshore wind energy innovation system – Challenges for policy intervention," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1182-1195.
- Fuchs, Gerhard & Hinderer, Nele & Kungl, Gregor & Neukirch, Mario, 2012. "Adaptive capacities, path creation and variants of sectoral change: The case of the transformation of the German energy supply system," Research Contributions to Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies, SOI Discussion Papers 2012-02, University of Stuttgart, Institute for Social Sciences, Department of Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies.
- Lee, Taedong & Glick, Mark B. & Lee, Jae-Hyup, 2020. "Island energy transition: Assessing Hawaii's multi-level, policy-driven approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 118(C).
- Blankenberg, Ann-Kathrin & Buenstorf, Guido, 2016.
"Regional co-evolution of firm population, innovation and public research? Evidence from the West German laser industry,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 857-868.
- Ann-Kathrin Blankenberg & Guido Buenstorf, 2015. "Regional co-evolution of firm population, innovationand public research? Evidence from the West German laser industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2015-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard, 2012.
"Toward a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 968-979.
- Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard, 2010. "Towards a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions," Papers in Innovation Studies 2010/8, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Oscar Svensson & Jamil Khan & Roger Hildingsson, 2020. "Studying Industrial Decarbonisation: Developing an Interdisciplinary Understanding of the Conditions for Transformation in Energy-Intensive Natural Resource-Based Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-21, March.
- Hu, Rui & Skea, Jim & Hannon, Matthew J., 2018. "Measuring the energy innovation process: An indicator framework and a case study of wind energy in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 227-244.
- Bleda, Mercedes & del Río, Pablo, 2013. "The market failure and the systemic failure rationales in technological innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 1039-1052.
More about this item
Keywordssmart city; innovation system; network analysis; stakeholder collaboration; Japan;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-05-07 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-INO-2018-05-07 (Innovation)
- NEP-PPM-2018-05-07 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SBM-2018-05-07 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2018-05-07 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jic:wpaper:170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/jicgvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Japan International Cooperation Agency Library (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/jicgvjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.