Variations in energy consumption and survival status between rural and urban households: A case study of the Western Loess Plateau, China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sayin, Cengiz & Nisa Mencet, M. & Ozkan, Burhan, 2005. "Assessing of energy policies based on Turkish agriculture:: current status and some implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(18), pages 2361-2373, December.
- Ma, Linwei & Liu, Pei & Fu, Feng & Li, Zheng & Ni, Weidou, 2011. "Integrated energy strategy for the sustainable development of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1143-1154.
- Niu, Shu-wen & Li, Yi-xin & Ding, Yong-xia & Qin, Jing, 2010. "Energy demand for rural household heating to suitable levels in the Loess Hilly Region, Gansu Province, China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2070-2078.
- Hosier, Richard H. & Dowd, Jeffrey, 1987. "Household fuel choice in Zimbabwe : An empirical test of the energy ladder hypothesis," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 347-361, December.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2011. "A dynamic panel study of economic development and the electricity consumption-growth nexus," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 770-781, September.
- Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2000. "From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2083-2103, December.
- Joyeux, Roselyne & Ripple, Ronald D., 2007. "Household energy consumption versus income and relative standard of living: A panel approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 50-60, January.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liu, Lan-Cui & Fan, Ying & Wu, Gang, 2007. "The impact of lifestyle on energy use and CO2 emission: An empirical analysis of China's residents," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 247-257, January.
- van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2008. "Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2801-2821, December.
- Hiemstra-van der Horst, Greg & Hovorka, Alice J., 2008. "Reassessing the "energy ladder": Household energy use in Maun, Botswana," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3333-3344, September.
- Cai, Jing & Jiang, Zhigang, 2008. "Changing of energy consumption patterns from rural households to urban households in China: An example from Shaanxi Province, China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 1667-1680, August.
- Huang, Bwo-Nung & Hwang, M.J. & Yang, C.W., 2008. "Causal relationship between energy consumption and GDP growth revisited: A dynamic panel data approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 41-54, August.
- Jin, Yinlong & Ma, Xiao & Chen, Xining & Cheng, Yibin & Baris, Enis & Ezzati, Majid, 2006. "Exposure to indoor air pollution from household energy use in rural China: The interactions of technology, behavior, and knowledge in health risk management," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(12), pages 3161-3176, June.
- Vennemo, Haakon & Aunan, Kristin & Jianwu, He & Tao, Hu & Shantong, Li, 2009. "Benefits and costs to China of three different climate treaties," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 139-160, August.
- Ekholm, Tommi & Krey, Volker & Pachauri, Shonali & Riahi, Keywan, 2010. "Determinants of household energy consumption in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5696-5707, October.
- Pohekar, S.D. & Kumar, Dinesh & Ramachandran, M., 2005. "Dissemination of cooking energy alternatives in India--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 379-393, August.
- Fei, Li & Dong, Suocheng & Xue, Li & Liang, Quanxi & Yang, Wangzhou, 2011. "Energy consumption-economic growth relationship and carbon dioxide emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 568-574, February.
- Wang, Qiang & Chen, Yong, 2010. "Energy saving and emission reduction revolutionizing China's environmental protection," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 535-539, January.
- Kanagawa, Makoto & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2008. "Assessment of access to electricity and the socio-economic impacts in rural areas of developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2016-2029, June.
- Li, Guozhu & Niu, Shuwen & Ma, Libang & Zhang, Xin, 2009. "Assessment of environmental and economic costs of rural household energy consumption in Loess Hilly Region, Gansu Province, China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1438-1444.
- Fatih Birol, 2007. "Energy Economics: A Place for Energy Poverty in the Agenda?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-6.
- Sudhakara Reddy, B., 1995. "A multilogit model for fuel shifts in the domestic sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 929-936.
- Kanagawa, Makoto & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2007. "Analysis of the energy access improvement and its socio-economic impacts in rural areas of developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 319-329, April.
- Poumanyvong, Phetkeo & Kaneko, Shinji, 2010. "Does urbanization lead to less energy use and lower CO2 emissions? A cross-country analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 434-444, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ye, Yuxiang & Koch, Steven F. & Zhang, Jiangfeng, 2018. "Determinants of household electricity consumption in South Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 120-133.
- Niu, Shuwen & Li, Zhen & Qiu, Xin & Dai, Runqi & Wang, Xiang & Qiang, Wenli & Hong, Zhenguo, 2019. "Measurement of effective energy consumption in China's rural household sector and policy implication," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 553-564.
- Judith A. Cherni & Raúl Olalde Font & Lucía Serrano & Felipe Henao & Antonio Urbina, 2016. "Systematic Assessment of Carbon Emissions from Renewable Energy Access to Improve Rural Livelihoods," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-19, December.
- Yao, Xi-Long & Liu, Yang & Yan, Xiao, 2014. "A quantile approach to assess the effectiveness of the subsidy policy for energy-efficient home appliances: Evidence from Rizhao, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 512-518.
- Jingwen Wu & Bingdong Hou & Ruo-Yu Ke & Yun-Fei Du & Ce Wang & Xiangzheng Li & Jiawei Cai & Tianqi Chen & Meixuan Teng & Jin Liu & Jin-Wei Wang & Hua Liao, 2017. "Residential Fuel Choice in Rural Areas: Field Research of Two Counties of North China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-16, April.
- Yongxia Ding & Wei Qu & Shuwen Niu & Man Liang & Wenli Qiang & Zhenguo Hong, 2016. "Factors Influencing the Spatial Difference in Household Energy Consumption in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Jingwen Wu & Bingdong Hou & Ruoyu Ke & Yun-Fei Du & Ce Wang & Xiangzheng Li & Jiawei Cai & Tianqi Chen & Meixuan Teng & Jin Liu & Jin-Wei Wang & Hua Liao, 2018. "Residential fuel choice in the rural: A field research on two counties of North China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 109, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Niu, Shuwen & Liu, Yiyue & Ding, Yongxia & Qu, Wei, 2016. "China׳s energy systems transformation and emissions peak," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 782-795.
- Ding, Wenguang & Xu, Luan & Ye, Weifeng, 2014. "A comparative study of bioenergy consumption and CO2 emissions in Tibetan region of China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 344-350.
- Haiyan Duan & Shipei Zhang & Siying Duan & Weicheng Zhang & Zhiyuan Duan & Shuo Wang & Junnian Song & Xian’en Wang, 2019. "Carbon Emissions Peak Prediction and the Reduction Pathway in Buildings during Operation in Jilin Province Based on LEAP," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-23, August.
- Zhikun Ding & Rongsheng Liu & Zongjie Li & Cheng Fan, 2020. "A Thematic Network-Based Methodology for the Research Trend Identification in Building Energy Management," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(18), pages 1-33, September.
- Zheng, Xinye & Wei, Chu & Qin, Ping & Guo, Jin & Yu, Yihua & Song, Feng & Chen, Zhanming, 2014. "Characteristics of residential energy consumption in China: Findings from a household survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 126-135.
- Wenheng Wu & Hongying Zhu & Yinghao Qu & Kaiying Xu, 2017. "Regional Disparities in Emissions of Rural Household Energy Consumption: A Case Study of Northwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-17, May.
- Lan-Cui Liu & Gang Wu & Yue-Jun Zhang, 2015. "Investigating the residential energy consumption behaviors in Beijing: a survey study," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(1), pages 243-263, January.
- Huang, Wen-Hsiu, 2015. "The determinants of household electricity consumption in Taiwan: Evidence from quantile regression," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 120-133.
- Butera, Federico Maria & Caputo, Paola & Adhikari, Rajendra Singh & Mele, Renata, 2019. "Energy access in informal settlements. Results of a wide on site survey in Rio De Janeiro," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Wang, Shaobin & Liu, Haimeng & Pu, Haixia & Yang, Hao, 2020. "Spatial disparity and hierarchical cluster analysis of final energy consumption in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy ladder; Energy consumption; Survival status;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:49:y:2012:i:c:p:515-527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.