Electricity sector reforms in four Latin-American countries and their impact on carbon dioxide emissions and renewable energy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Larsen, Erik R. & Dyner, Isaac & Bedoya V., Leonardo & Franco, Carlos Jaime, 2004. "Lessons from deregulation in Colombia: successes, failures and the way ahead," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(15), pages 1767-1780, October.
- Gabriele, Alberto, 2004. "Policy alternatives in reforming energy utilities in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1319-1337, July.
- Ruiz, B.J. & Rodriguez, V. & Bermann, C., 2007. "Analysis and perspectives of the government programs to promote the renewable electricity generation in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2989-2994, May.
- Pombo, Carlos, 2001.
"Regulatory reform in Colombia's electric utilities,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 683-711.
- Carlos Pombo, 2001. "Regulatory reform in Colombia's electric utilities," Borradores de Investigación 003448, Universidad del Rosario.
- Romero, Carlos Adrián, 1998.
"Regulación e inversiones en el sector eléctrico argentino,"
Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires (Estudios e Investigaciones)
28431, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Romero, Carlos Adrián, 1998. "Regulación e inversiones en el sector eléctrico argentino," Series Históricas 5, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Haselip, James & Dyner, Isaac & Cherni, Judith, 2005. "Electricity market reform in Argentina: assessing the impact for the poor in Buenos Aires," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Mendonca, Augusto F. & Dahl, Carol, 1999. "The Brazilian electrical system reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 73-83, February.
- Kissel, Johannes M. & Hanitsch, Rolf & Krauter, Stefan C.W., 2009. "Cornerstones of a renewable energy law for emerging markets in South America," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3621-3626, September.
- Kuntsi-Reunanen, E., 2007. "A comparison of Latin American energy-related CO2 emissions from 1970 to 2001," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 586-596, January.
- Ruiz-Mendoza, B.J. & Sheinbaum-Pardo, C., 2010. "Mexican renewable electricity law," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 674-678.
- Dubash, Navroz K., 2003. "Revisiting electricity reform: The case for a sustainable development approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 143-154, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reynolds, Travis & Kolodinsky, Jane & Murray, Byron, 2012. "Consumer preferences and willingness to pay for compact fluorescent lighting: Policy implications for energy efficiency promotion in Saint Lucia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 712-722.
- Huesca-Pérez, María Elena & Sheinbaum-Pardo, Claudia & Köppel, Johann, 2016. "Social implications of siting wind energy in a disadvantaged region – The case of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, Mexico," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 952-965.
- Yuhuan Zhao & Hao Li & Zhonghua Zhang & Yongfeng Zhang & Song Wang & Ya Liu, 2017. "Decomposition and scenario analysis of CO2 emissions in China’s power industry: based on LMDI method," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 86(2), pages 645-668, March.
- Osorio, A.F. & Ortega, Santiago & Arango-Aramburo, Santiago, 2016. "Assessment of the marine power potential in Colombia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 966-977.
- Alemán-Nava, Gibrán S. & Casiano-Flores, Victor H. & Cárdenas-Chávez, Diana L. & Díaz-Chavez, Rocío & Scarlat, Nicolae & Mahlknecht, Jürgen & Dallemand, Jean-Francois & Parra, Roberto, 2014. "Renewable energy research progress in Mexico: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 140-153.
- Zhou, Kaile & Yang, Shanlin & Shen, Chao & Ding, Shuai & Sun, Chaoping, 2015. "Energy conservation and emission reduction of China’s electric power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 10-19.
- Ramírez-Camperos, Adriana María & Rodríguez-Padilla, Víctor & Guido-Aldana, Pedro Antonio, 2013. "The Mexican electricity sector: Policy analysis and reform (1992–2009)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1092-1103.
- Karanfil, Fatih & Li, Yuanjing, 2015.
"Electricity consumption and economic growth: Exploring panel-specific differences,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 264-277.
- Fatih Karanfil & Yuanjing Li, 2014. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: exploring panel‐specific differences," Working Papers 2014-337, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Fatih Karanfil & Yuanjing Li, 2015. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: Exploring panel-specific differences," Post-Print hal-01385981, HAL.
- Xu, Bin & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "How industrialization and urbanization process impacts on CO2 emissions in China: Evidence from nonparametric additive regression models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 188-202.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Ma, Qian & Yang, Rui, 2013. "Factors influencing CO2 emissions in China's power industry: Co-integration analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 89-98.
- Sheinbaum, Claudia & Ruíz, Belizza J. & Ozawa, Leticia, 2011. "Energy consumption and related CO2 emissions in five Latin American countries: Changes from 1990 to 2006 and perspectives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 3629-3638.
- Zhou, Kaile & Yang, Shanlin & Shao, Zhen, 2016. "Energy Internet: The business perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 212-222.
- Alpizar–Castro, Israel & Rodríguez–Monroy, Carlos, 2016. "Review of Mexico׳s energy reform in 2013: Background, analysis of the reform and reactions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 725-736.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:12:y:2019:i:10:p:1916-:d:232548 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCO2 emissions reduction Renewable energy sources Electricity sector liberalization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:11:p:6755-6766. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.