Modeling industrial energy demand in Greece using cointegration techniques
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bentzen, Jan & Engsted, Tom, 1993. "Short- and long-run elasticities in energy demand : A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 9-16, January.
- Vlachou, A. S. & Samouilidis, E. J., 1986. "Interfuel substitution : Results from several sectors of the Greek economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 39-45, January.
- De Vita, G. & Endresen, K. & Hunt, L.C., 2006.
"An empirical analysis of energy demand in Namibia,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3447-3463, December.
- Glauco De Vita & Klaus Endresen & Lester C Hunt, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Energy Demand in Namibia," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 110, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Bose, Ranjan Kumar & Shukla, Megha, 1999. "Elasticities of electricity demand in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 137-146, March.
- Urga, Giovanni, 1999. "An application of dynamic specifications of factor demand equations to interfuel substitution in US industrial energy demand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 503-513, December.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Beenstock, Michael & Goldin, Ephraim & Nabot, Dan, 1999. "The demand for electricity in Israel," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 168-183, April.
- Vlachou, Andriana & Vassos, Spyros & Andrikopoulos, Andreas, 1996. "Energy and environment: Reducing CO2 emissions from the electric power industry," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 343-376, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lolos, Sarantis & Papapetrou, Evangelia, 2002. "Energy consumption and economic growth: assessing the evidence from Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 319-336, July.
- Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2000.
"The relationship between energy consumption, energy prices and economic growth: time series evidence from Asian developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 615-625, December.
- Asafu-Adjaye, John, 1999. "The relationship between energy consumption, energy prices and economic growth: Time series evidence from Asian developing countries," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 123754, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & David H. Papell, 1997.
"Multiple Trend Breaks And The Unit-Root Hypothesis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 212-218, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LPUNIT: RATS procedure to implement Lumsdaine-Papell unit root test with structural breaks," Statistical Software Components RTS00110, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Caloghirou, Yannis D. & Mourelatos, Alexi G. & Thompson, Henry, 1997. "Industrial energy substitution during the 1980s in the Greek economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 476-491, October.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2002. "Allocative inefficiency and the capital-energy controversy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 305-318, July.
- Donatos, George S. & Mergos, George J., 1989. "Energy demand in Greece : The impact of the two energy crises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 147-152, April.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K., 2000. "The demand for energy in Greek manufacturing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 569-586, October.
- Kamerschen, David R. & Porter, David V., 2004. "The demand for residential, industrial and total electricity, 1973-1998," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Floros, Nikolaos & Vlachou, Andriana, 2005. "Energy demand and energy-related CO2 emissions in Greek manufacturing: Assessing the impact of a carbon tax," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 387-413, May.
- Rapanos, Vassilis T. & Polemis, Michael L., 2005. "Energy demand and environmental taxes: the case of Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1781-1788, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hatzigeorgiou, Emmanouil & Polatidis, Heracles & Haralambopoulos, Dias, 2011. "CO2 emissions, GDP and energy intensity: A multivariate cointegration and causality analysis for Greece, 1977-2007," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1377-1385, April.
- Fakhri J. Hasanov & Lester C. Hunt & Ceyhun I. Mikayilov, 2016. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Demand in Azerbaijan Using Cointegration Techniques," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-31, December.
- Barry Anderson & Corrado Di Maria, 2011.
"Abatement and Allocation in the Pilot Phase of the EU ETS,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 83-103, January.
- Corrado Di Maria & Barry Anderson & Frank Convery, 2009. "Abatement and Allocation in the Pilot Phase of the EU ETS," Working Papers 2009.110, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Barrientos, Jorge & Velilla, Esteban & Tobón Orozco, David & Villada, Fernando & López Lezama, Jesús M., 2018.
"On the estimation of the price elasticity of electricity demand in the manufacturing industry of Colombia,"
REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA,
UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, issue 88, pages 155-182, January.
- Jorge Barrientos & Esteban Velilla & David Tobón-Orozco & Fernando Villada & Jesús M. López-Lezama, 2018. "On the estimation of the price elasticity of electricity demand in the manufacturing industry of Colombia," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 88, pages 155-182, Enero - J.
- Barrientos, Jorge & Velilla, Esteban & Tobón Orozco, David & Villada, Fernando & López Lezama, Jesús M., 2018. "On the estimation of the price elasticity of electricity demand in the manufacturing industry of Colombia," BORRADORES DEL CIE 016025, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Kohler, Marcel, 2014. "Differential electricity pricing and energy efficiency in South Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 524-532.
- Kwon, Sanguk & Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Hyun Jae & Park, KiHyun & Edward Yu, Tun-Hsiang, 2016. "Short-run and the long-run effects of electricity price on electricity intensity across regions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 372-382.
- Song, Nianfu & Aguilar, Francisco X. & Shifley, Stephen R. & Goerndt, Michael E., 2012. "Analysis of U.S. residential wood energy consumption: 1967–2009," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2116-2124.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Taeyoung & Kim, Hyun Jae & Park, Kihyun & Roberts, Roland K., 2015.
"Regionally-varying and regionally-uniform electricity pricing policies compared across four usage categories,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 182-191.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Taeyoung & Kim, Hyun J. & Park, Kihyun & Roberts, Roland K., 2015. "Regionally-varying and Regionally-uniform Electricity Pricing Policies Compared across Four Usage Categories," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204324, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-3-stengos is not listed on IDEAS
- Lindemann, Henrik, 2015. "Regulatory Objectives and the Intensity of Unbundling in Electricity Markets," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-544, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:366-374 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernstein, Ronald & Madlener, Reinhard, 2015.
"Short- and long-run electricity demand elasticities at the subsectoral level: A cointegration analysis for German manufacturing industries,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 178-187.
- Bernstein, Ronald & Madlener, Reinhard, 2010. "Short- and Long-Run Electricity Demand Elasticities at the Subsectoral Level: A Cointegration Analysis for German Manufacturing Industries," FCN Working Papers 19/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Møller, Niels Framroze, 2015. "Energy Demand, Substitution and a Potential for Electrification: An econometric analysis of eight Danish subsectors," MPRA Paper 69931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Polemis, Michael L. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S., 2013. "The electricity consumption and economic growth nexus: Evidence from Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 798-808.
- Polemis, Michael L., 2016. "New evidence on the impact of structural reforms on electricity sector performance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 420-431.
- Hristu-Varsakelis, D. & Karagianni, S. & Pempetzoglou, M. & Sfetsos, A., 2010. "Optimizing production with energy and GHG emission constraints in Greece: An input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1566-1577, March.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:45-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Møller, Niels Framroze, 2017. "Energy demand, substitution and environmental taxation: An econometric analysis of eight subsectors of the Danish economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 97-109.
- Voumvoulakis, Emmanouil & Asimakopoulou, Georgia & Danchev, Svetoslav & Maniatis, George & Tsakanikas, Aggelos, 2012. "Large scale integration of intermittent renewable energy sources in the Greek power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 161-173.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:35:y:2007:i:8:p:4039-4050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.