On the estimation of the price elasticity of electricity demand in the manufacturing industry of Colombia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jorge Barrientos & Esteban Velilla & David Tobón-Orozco & Fernando Villada & Jesús M. López-Lezama, 2018. "On the estimation of the price elasticity of electricity demand in the manufacturing industry of Colombia," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 88, pages 155-182, Enero - J.
- Barrientos, Jorge & Velilla, Esteban & Tobón Orozco, David & Villada, Fernando & López Lezama, Jesús M., 2018. "On the estimation of the price elasticity of electricity demand in the manufacturing industry of Colombia," Revista Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia - CIE, issue 88, pages 155-182, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bose, Ranjan Kumar & Shukla, Megha, 1999. "Elasticities of electricity demand in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 137-146, March.
- Maddock, Rodney & Castano, Elkin & Vella, Frank, 1992. "Estimating Electricity Demand: The Cost of Linearising the Budget Constraint," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 350-354, May.
- Alberini, Anna & Filippini, Massimo, 2011.
"Response of residential electricity demand to price: The effect of measurement error,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 889-895, September.
- Massimo Filippini & Anna Alberini, 2010. "Response of Residential Electricity Demand to Price: The Effect of Measurement Error," CEPE Working paper series 10-75, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Labandeira, Xavier & Labeaga, José M. & López-Otero, Xiral, 2012.
"Estimation of elasticity price of electricity with incomplete information,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 627-633.
- Xavier Labandeira Villot & José María Labeaga & Xiral López-Otero, 2009. "Estimation of Elasticity Price of Electricity with Incomplete Information," Working Papers 2009-18, FEDEA.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Xiral López-Otero, 2010. "Estimation of Elasticity Price of Electricity with Incomplete Information," Working Papers 01-2010, Economics for Energy.
- Beenstock, Michael & Goldin, Ephraim & Nabot, Dan, 1999. "The demand for electricity in Israel," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 168-183, April.
- Athukorala, P.P.A Wasantha & Wilson, Clevo, 2010. "Estimating short and long-term residential demand for electricity: New evidence from Sri Lanka," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(Supplemen), pages 34-40, September.
- Lin, C.-Y. Cynthia & Prince, Lea, 2013. "Gasoline price volatility and the elasticity of demand for gasoline," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 111-117.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2009.
"Evaluating the evidence on electricity reform: Lessons for the South East Europe (SEE) market,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 13-23, March.
- Pollitt, M., 2007. "Evaluating the evidence on electricity reform: Lessons for the South East Europe (SEE) market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0756, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Pollitt, 2007. "Evaluating the evidence on electricity reform: Lessons for the South East Europe (SEE) market," Working Papers EPRG 0725, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Nienhueser, Ian Andrew & Qiu, Yueming, 2016. "Economic and environmental impacts of providing renewable energy for electric vehicle charging – A choice experiment study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 256-268.
- Ziramba, Emmanuel, 2008. "The demand for residential electricity in South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3460-3466, September.
- Bernstein, Ronald & Madlener, Reinhard, 2015.
"Short- and long-run electricity demand elasticities at the subsectoral level: A cointegration analysis for German manufacturing industries,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 178-187.
- Bernstein, Ronald & Madlener, Reinhard, 2010. "Short- and Long-Run Electricity Demand Elasticities at the Subsectoral Level: A Cointegration Analysis for German Manufacturing Industries," FCN Working Papers 19/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Agnolucci, Paolo, 2009. "The energy demand in the British and German industrial sectors: Heterogeneity and common factors," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 175-187, January.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- Arthur, Maria de Fátima S.R. & Bond, Craig A. & Willson, Bryan, 2012. "Estimation of elasticities for domestic energy demand in Mozambique," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 398-409.
- Kamerschen, David R. & Porter, David V., 2004. "The demand for residential, industrial and total electricity, 1973-1998," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Polemis, Michael. L., 2007. "Modeling industrial energy demand in Greece using cointegration techniques," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4039-4050, August.
- Neto, David, 2012. "Testing and estimating time-varying elasticities of Swiss gasoline demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1755-1762.
- Noel Alter & Shabib Haider Syed, 2011. "An Empirical Analysis of Electricity Demand in Pakistan," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 116-139.
- Okajima, Shigeharu & Okajima, Hiroko, 2013. "Estimation of Japanese price elasticities of residential electricity demand, 1990–2007," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 433-440.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2007. "Residential electricity demand dynamics in Turkey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 199-210, March.
- Rodney Maddock & Elkin Castano, 1991. "The Welfare Impact of Rising Block Pricing: Electricity in Colombia," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 65-78.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2005. "Electricity consumption, employment and real income in Australia evidence from multivariate Granger causality tests," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1109-1116, June.
- McCombie, Charles & Jefferson, Michael, 2016. "Renewable and nuclear electricity: Comparison of environmental impacts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 758-769.
- Arzaghi, Mohammad & Squalli, Jay, 2015. "How price inelastic is demand for gasoline in fuel-subsidizing economies?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 117-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bec:imsber:v:11:y:2019:i:1:p:55-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:col:000093:016994 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:col:000093:016978 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmercados de electricidad; contratos forward; elasticidad precio de la demanda; modelos SVAR;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-02-26 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000099:016025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad de Antioquia. Facultad de Ciencias Economicas. (Laura Maria Posada Arboleda)). General contact details of provider: .