OPEC and other commodity cartels: a comparison
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loderer, Claudio, 1985. " A Test of the OPEC Cartel Hypothesis: 1974-1983," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 991-1006, July.
- Smith, Gordon W & Schink, George R, 1976. "The International Tin Agreement: A Reassessment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 715-728, December.
- Ezzati, Ali, 1976. "Future OPEC price and production strategies as affected by its capacity to absorb oil revenues," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 107-138, August.
- Ahmad Saleh Alsalem & Subhash C. Sharma & Marvin D. Troutt, 1997. "Fairness Measures and Importance Weights for Allocating Quotas to OPEC Member Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-21.
- Clifton T. Jones, 1990. "OPEC Behaviour Under Falling Prices: Implications For Cartel Stability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 117-130.
- Polasky, Stephen, 1992. "Do oil producers act as 'Oil'igopolists?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 216-247, November.
- Carol Dahl & Mine Yucel, 1991. "Testing Alternative Hypotheses of Oil Producer Behavior," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 117-138.
- Greene, David L & Jones, Donald W & Leiby, Paul N, 1998. "The outlook for US oil dependence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 55-69, January.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1978. "Gains to Producers from the Cartelization of Exhaustible Resources," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 238-251, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:206-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Raeisian Parvari, Mozhgan, 2014.
"Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and international oil prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 364-372.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mozhgan Raeisian Parvari, 2014. "Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and International Oil Prices," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201427, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Oleg Korenok & Stanislav Radchenko, 2005.
"The smooth transition autoregressive target zone model with the Gaussian stochastic volatility and TGARCH error terms with applications,"
- Oleg Korenok & Stanislav Radchenko, 2005. "The smooth transition autoregressive target zone model with the Gaussian stochastic volatility and TGARCH error terms with applications," Working Papers 0505, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Cairns, Robert D. & Calfucura, Enrique, 2012. "OPEC: Market failure or power failure?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 570-580.
- Wood, Aaron D. & Mason, Charles F. & Finnoff, David, 2016. "OPEC, the Seven Sisters, and oil market dominance: An evolutionary game theory and agent-based modeling approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PB), pages 66-78.
- Coulomb, Renaud & Henriet, Fanny, 2018.
"The Grey Paradox: How fossil-fuel owners can benefit from carbon taxation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 206-223.
- Renaud Coulomb & Fanny Henriet, 2017. "The Grey Paradox: How fossil-fuel owners can benefit from carbon taxation," Post-Print hal-01626780, HAL.
- Colgan, Jeff D., 2014. "The Emperor Has No Clothes: The Limits of OPEC in the Global Oil Market," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(03), pages 599-632, June.
- Brémond, Vincent & Hache, Emmanuel & Mignon, Valérie, 2012.
"Does OPEC still exist as a cartel? An empirical investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 125-131.
- Vincent Brémond & Emmanuel Hache & Valérie Mignon, 2011. "Does OPEC still exist as a cartel? An empirical investigation," EconomiX Working Papers 2011-5, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Vincent Brémond & Emmanuel Hache & Valérie Mignon, 2012. "Does OPEC still exist as a cartel? An empirical investigation," Post-Print hal-01385802, HAL.
- Radetzki, Marian, 2012. "Politics—not OPEC interventions—explain oil's extraordinary price history," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 382-385.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:410-422 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elbeck, Matt, 2010. "Advancing the design of a dynamic petro-dollar currency basket," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1938-1945, April.
- Hochman, Gal & Zilberman, David, 2015. "The political economy of OPEC," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 203-216.
- Kisswani, Khalid M., 2016. "Does OPEC act as a cartel? Empirical investigation of coordination behavior," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 171-180.
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.
- Zhang, Hai-Ying & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2014. "Competition, transmission and pattern evolution: A network analysis of global oil trade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 312-322.
- Anton Nakov & Galo Nuño, 2011. "A general equilibrium model of the oil market," Working Papers 1125, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Bradford, Andrew & Belanger, Laura H. & Mclaughlin, John P. & Miki, Yosuke, 2008. "Determinants of OPEC production: Implications for OPEC behavior," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 333-351, March.
- Belu Mănescu, Cristiana & Nuño, Galo, 2015.
"Quantitative effects of the shale oil revolution,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 855-866.
- Galo Nuño & Cristiana Belu Manescu, 2015. "Quantitative effects of the shale oil revolution," Working Papers 1518, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Nuño, Galo & Belu Mănescu, Cristiana, 2015. "Quantitative effects of the shale oil revolution," Working Paper Series 1855, European Central Bank.
- Jean-Marc Fournier & Isabell Koske & Isabelle Wanner & Vera Zipperer, 2013. "The Price of Oil – Will it Start Rising Again?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1031, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:28:y:2000:i:15:p:1151-1164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.