Do oil producers act as 'Oil'igopolists?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Misiolek, Walter S., 1988. "Pollution control through price incentives: The role of rent seeking costs in monopoly markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 1-8.
- Asako, Kazumi, 1979. "Environmental Pollution in an Open Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(151), pages 359-367, December.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1984. "International Trade Policy for Oligopolistic Industries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 1-16, Supplemen.
- Besanko, David, 1987. "Performance versus design standards in the regulation of pollution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 19-44.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 83-100.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Eaton & Gene M. Grossman, 1986.
"Optimal Trade and Industrial Policy Under Oligopoly,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 383-406.
- Jonathan Eaton & Gene M. Grossman, 1983. "Optimal Trade and Industrial Policy Under Oligopoly," NBER Working Papers 1236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forster, Bruce A., 1977. "Pollution control is a two-sector dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 305-312.
- Markusen, James R., 1981. "Trade and the gains from trade with imperfect competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 531-551.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 174-177.
- Comolli, Paul M., 1977. "Pollution control in a simplified general-equilibrium model with production externalities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 289-304.
- Burrows, Paul, 1981. "Controlling the monopolistic polluter: Nihilism or eclecticism?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 372-380.
- Pethig, Rudiger, 1976. "Pollution, welfare, and environmental policy in the theory of Comparative Advantage," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 160-169.
- James R. Markusen, 1975. "Cooperative Control of International Pollution and Common Property Resources," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 618-632.
- Merrifield, John D., 1988. "The impact of selected abatement strategies on transnational pollution, the terms of trade, and factor rewards: A general equilibrium approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 259-284.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alhajji, A. F. & Huettner, David, 2000. "OPEC and other commodity cartels: a comparison," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(15), pages 1151-1164, December.
- Berk, Istemi, 2015. "Two-Period Resource Duopoly with Endogenous Intertemporal Capacity Constraints," EWI Working Papers 2014-13, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Kristine Grimsrud, Knut Einar Rosendahl, Halvor B. Storrøsten, and Marina Tsygankova, 2016.
"Short Run Effects of Bleaker Prospects for Oligopolistic Producers of a Non-renewable Resource,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Kristine Grimsrud & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Halvor Briseid Storrøsten & Marina Tsygankova, 2013. "Short run effects of bleaker prospects for oligopolistic producers of a non-renewable resource," Discussion Papers 733, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Kristine Grimsrud & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Halvor Briseid StorrÃ¸sten & Marina Tsygankova, 2014. "Short Run Effects of Bleaker Prospects for Oligopolistic Producers of a Non-Renewable Resource," CESifo Working Paper Series 4579, CESifo Group Munich.
- Liski, Matti & Montero, Juan-Pablo, 2014.
"Forward trading in exhaustible-resource oligopoly,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, pages 122-146.
- Juan-Pablo Montero & Matti Liski, 2008. "Forward Trading in Exhaustible-Resource Oligopoly," Documentos de Trabajo 341, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Matti Liski & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2008. "Forward Trading in Exhaustible-Resource Oligopoly," Working Papers 0806, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Wan, Rui & Boyce, John R., 2014. "Non-renewable resource Stackelberg games," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 102-121.
- Wood, Aaron D. & Mason, Charles F. & Finnoff, David, 2016. "OPEC, the Seven Sisters, and oil market dominance: An evolutionary game theory and agent-based modeling approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PB), pages 66-78.
- Mason, Charles F. & Polasky, Stephen, 2005. "What motivates membership in non-renewable resource cartels?: The case of OPEC," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 321-342.
- Cees Withagen, 1998. "Untested Hypotheses in Non-Renewable Resource Economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 623-634.
- Christoph Eder & Martin Halla, 2017.
"Economic Origins of Cultural Norms: The Case of Animal Husbandry and Bastardy,"
2017-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Weichenrieder, Alfons, 2017. "Should the Global Community Welcome or Mourn New Oil Discoveries?," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168089, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christoph Eder & Martin Halla, 2017. "Economic Origins of Cultural Norms: The Case of Animal Husbandry and Bastardy," Economics working papers 2017-19, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Eder, Christoph & Halla, Martin, 2017. "Economic Origins of Cultural Norms: The Case of Animal Husbandry and Bastardy," IZA Discussion Papers 10969, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Naito, Toyokazu, 2001. "An Empirical Study Of Common Property Resource: The Case Of Skipjack Fishery In The Western-Central Pacific Ocean," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20675, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Karp, Larry & Tahvonen, Olli, 1995.
"International Trade in Exhaustible Resources: A Cartel-Competitive Fringe Model,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt9dt5614j, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Karp, Larry & Tahvonen, Olli, 1996. "International Trade in Exhaustible Resources: A Cartel-Competitive Fringe Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 1291, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Salo, Seppo & Tahvonen, Olli, 2001. "Oligopoly equilibria in nonrenewable resource markets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 671-702, May.
- Zili Yang, 2013. "Is the Leading Role Desirable?: A Simulation Analysis of the Stackelberg Behavior in World Petroleum Market," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 133-150, June.
- Gérard Gaudet, 2007. "Natural resource economics under the rule of Hotelling," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1033-1059, November.
- Boyce, John R. & Vojtassak, Lucia, 2008. "An 'oil'igopoly theory of exploration," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 428-454.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Bradford, Andrew & Belanger, Laura H. & Mclaughlin, John P. & Miki, Yosuke, 2008. "Determinants of OPEC production: Implications for OPEC behavior," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 333-351.
- Roel van Veldhuizen & Joep Sonnemans, 2011.
"Nonrenewable Resources, Strategic Behavior and the Hotelling Rule: An Experiment,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-014/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van Veldhuizen, Roel & Sonnemans, Joep, 2014. "Nonrenewable resources, strategic behavior and the hotelling rule: An experiment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2014-203, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Spiro, Daniel, 2014. "Resource prices and planning horizons," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 159-175.
- Okullo, Samuel J. & Reynès, Frédéric, 2016.
"Imperfect cartelization in OPEC,"
Elsevier, pages 333-344.
- Marius Paschen, 2014. "Dynamic Analysis of the German Day-Ahead Electricity Spot Market," Working Papers V-368-14, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2014.
- Gerlagh, Reyer & Liski, Matti, 2011. "Strategic resource dependence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, pages 699-727.
- Ngo Long, 2011.
"Dynamic Games in the Economics of Natural Resources: A Survey,"
Dynamic Games and Applications,
Springer, pages 115-148.
- Christos Koulovatianos, 2014. "Strategic Exploitation of a Common-Property Resource Under Rational Learning About its Reproduction," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-06, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Portillo, Jorge E., 2000. "Dynamic behavior of the U.S. oil industry," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 125-145.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:23:y:1992:i:3:p:216-247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.