Robust portfolio optimization for electricity planning: An application based on the Brazilian electricity mix
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marrero, Gustavo A. & Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier, 2010.
"Electricity generation cost in isolated system: The complementarities of natural gas and renewables in the Canary Islands,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2808-2818, December.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Francisco Javier Ramos-Real, 2010. "Electricity generation cost in isolated system: the complementarities of natural gas and renewables in the Canary Islands," Working Papers 2010-17, FEDEA.
- Roques, Fabien & Hiroux, Céline & Saguan, Marcelo, 2010.
"Optimal wind power deployment in Europe--A portfolio approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3245-3256, July.
- Fabien Roques & Céline Hiroux & Marcelo Saguan, 2009. "Optimal Wind Power Deployment in Europe - a Portfolio Approach," RSCAS Working Papers 2009/17, European University Institute.
- F. Roques & C. Hiroux & M. Saguan, 2010. "Optimal wind power deployment in Europe-A portfolio approach," Post-Print hal-00716345, HAL.
- Laurent El Ghaoui & Maksim Oks & Francois Oustry, 2003. "Worst-Case Value-At-Risk and Robust Portfolio Optimization: A Conic Programming Approach," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 51(4), pages 543-556, August.
- Shimon Awerbuch, 2006. "Portfolio-Based Electricity Generation Planning: Policy Implications For Renewables And Energy Security," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 693-710, May.
- Marrero, Gustavo A. & Puch, Luis A. & Ramos-Real, Francisco J., 2015.
"Mean-variance portfolio methods for energy policy risk management,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 246-264.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Luis A. Puch & Francisco J. Ramos-Real, 2013. "Mean-variance portfolio methods for energy policy risk management," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-41, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Losekann, Luciano & Marrero, Gustavo A. & Ramos-Real, Francisco J. & de Almeida, Edmar Luiz Fagundes, 2013.
"Efficient power generating portfolio in Brazil: Conciliating cost, emissions and risk,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 301-314.
- Edmar Luiz Fagundes De Almeida & Luciano Losekann & Gustavo Marreiro & Francisco Javier Ramos-Real, 2014. "Efficient Power Generating Portfolio Inbrazil: Conciliating Cost, Emissions And Risk," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 134, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- R.H. Tütüncü & M. Koenig, 2004. "Robust Asset Allocation," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 157-187, November.
- Costa, O. L. V. & Paiva, A. C., 2002. "Robust portfolio selection using linear-matrix inequalities," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 889-909, June.
- Mari, Carlo, 2014. "Hedging electricity price volatility using nuclear power," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 615-621.
- Delarue, Erik & De Jonghe, Cedric & Belmans, Ronnie & D'haeseleer, William, 2011. "Applying portfolio theory to the electricity sector: Energy versus power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 12-23, January.
- Shakouri, Mahmoud & Lee, Hyun Woo & Choi, Kunhee, 2015. "PACPIM: New decision-support model of optimized portfolio analysis for community-based photovoltaic investment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 607-617.
- Roques, Fabien A. & Newbery, David M. & Nuttall, William J., 2008. "Fuel mix diversification incentives in liberalized electricity markets: A Mean-Variance Portfolio theory approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1831-1849, July.
- Rustem, Berc & Becker, Robin G. & Marty, Wolfgang, 2000. "Robust min-max portfolio strategies for rival forecast and risk scenarios," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(11-12), pages 1591-1621, October.
- D. Goldfarb & G. Iyengar, 2003. "Robust Portfolio Selection Problems," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 1-38, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:appene:v:205:y:2017:i:c:p:1364-1383 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:148:y:2018:i:c:p:992-1005 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:516-524 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:eurjdp:v:6:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40070-018-0077-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity planning; Policy-making; Mean-variance; Robust optimization; Uncertainty; Portfolio theory;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:158-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.