A stochastic MILP energy planning model incorporating power market dynamics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Liu, Pei & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2015. "An integrated stochastic multi-regional long-term energy planning model incorporating autonomous power systems and demand response," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 865-888.
- Abrell, Jan & Rausch, Sebastian, 2016.
"Cross-country electricity trade, renewable energy and European transmission infrastructure policy,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 87-113.
- Jan Abrell & Sebastian Rausch, 2016. "Cross-Country Electricity Trade, Renewable Energy and European Transmission Infrastructure Policy," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/229, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Boroumand, Raphaël Homayoun & Goutte, Stéphane & Porcher, Simon & Porcher, Thomas, 2015.
"Hedging strategies in energy markets: The case of electricity retailers,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 503-509.
- Raphaël Homayoun Boroumand & Stéphane Goutte & Simon Porcher & Thomas Porcher, 2015. "Hedging strategies in energy markets: The case of electricity retailers," Post-Print halshs-01194750, HAL.
- Boroumand, Raphaël Homayoun & Goutte, Stéphane & Porcher, Simon & Porcher, Thomas, 2015. "Hedging strategies in energy markets: the case of electricity retailers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 82976, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Brancucci Martínez-Anido, C. & Vandenbergh, M. & de Vries, L. & Alecu, C. & Purvins, A. & Fulli, G. & Huld, T., 2013. "Medium-term demand for European cross-border electricity transmission capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 207-222.
- Deane, J.P. & Driscoll, Á. & Gallachóir, B.P Ó, 2015. "Quantifying the impacts of national renewable electricity ambitions using a North–West European electricity market model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 604-609.
- Qadrdan, Meysam & Cheng, Meng & Wu, Jianzhong & Jenkins, Nick, 2017. "Benefits of demand-side response in combined gas and electricity networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 360-369.
- Vidal-Amaro, Juan José & Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Sheinbaum-Pardo, Claudia, 2015. "Optimal energy mix for transitioning from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources – The case of the Mexican electricity system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 80-96.
- Bishop, Justin D.K. & Amaratunga, Gehan A.J. & Rodriguez, Cuauhtemoc, 2008. "Using strong sustainability to optimize electricity generation fuel mixes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 971-980, March.
- Sharifzadeh, Mahdi & Lubiano-Walochik, Helena & Shah, Nilay, 2017. "Integrated renewable electricity generation considering uncertainties: The UK roadmap to 50% power generation from wind and solar energies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 385-398.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2015. "A multi-period, multi-regional generation expansion planning model incorporating unit commitment constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 310-331.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Toman, Mike, 2016. "Potential gains from expanding regional electricity trade in South Asia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 6-14.
- Clò, Stefano & Ferraris, Matteo & Florio, Massimo, 2017. "Ownership and environmental regulation: Evidence from the European electricity industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 298-312.
- Meunier, Guy, 2013.
"Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 866-874.
- Guy Meunier, 2013. "Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market," Working Papers hal-00906944, HAL.
- Vespucci, Maria Teresa & Innorta, Mario & Cervigni, Guido, 2013. "A Mixed Integer Linear Programming model of a zonal electricity market with a dominant producer," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 35-41.
- Amrutha, A.A. & Balachandra, P. & Mathirajan, M., 2017. "Role of targeted policies in mainstreaming renewable energy in a resource constrained electricity system: A case study of Karnataka electricity system in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 48-58.
- Dressler, Luisa, 2016.
"Support schemes for renewable electricity in the European Union: Producer strategies and competition,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 186-196.
- Luisa Dressler, 2014. "Support Schemes for Renewable Electricity in the European Union: Producer Strategies and Competition," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-54, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nie, S. & Li, Y.P. & Liu, J. & Huang, Charley Z., 2017. "Risk management of energy system for identifying optimal power mix with financial-cost minimization and environmental-impact mitigation under uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 313-329.
- Wierzbowski, Michal & Filipiak, Izabela & Lyzwa, Wojciech, 2017. "Polish energy policy 2050 – An instrument to develop a diversified and sustainable electricity generation mix in coal-based energy system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 51-70.
- Rodriguez, Rolando A. & Becker, Sarah & Greiner, Martin, 2015. "Cost-optimal design of a simplified, highly renewable pan-European electricity system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 658-668.
- Shakouri G., H. & Eghlimi, M. & Manzoor, D., 2009. "Economically optimized electricity trade modeling: Iran-Turkey case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 472-483, February.
- Farnoosh, Arash & Lantz, Frederic & Percebois, Jacques, 2014. "Electricity generation analyses in an oil-exporting country: Transition to non-fossil fuel based power units in Saudi Arabia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 299-308.
- Hickey, Emily A. & Lon Carlson, J. & Loomis, David, 2010. "Issues in the determination of the optimal portfolio of electricity supply options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2198-2207, May.
- Ryu, Hanee & Dorjragchaa, Shonkhor & Kim, Yeonbae & Kim, Kyunam, 2014. "Electricity-generation mix considering energy security and carbon emission mitigation: Case of Korea and Mongolia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1071-1079.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Georgiadis, Michael C. & Papaioannou, George & Dikaiakos, Christos, 2016. "A mid-term, market-based power systems planning model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 17-35.
- Herrero, Ignacio & Rodilla, Pablo & Batlle, Carlos, 2015. "Electricity market-clearing prices and investment incentives: The role of pricing rules," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 42-51.
- Costa, Oswaldo L.V. & de Oliveira Ribeiro, Celma & Rego, Erik Eduardo & Stern, Julio Michael & Parente, Virginia & Kileber, Solange, 2017. "Robust portfolio optimization for electricity planning: An application based on the Brazilian electricity mix," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 158-169.
- De Jonghe, Cedric & Delarue, Erik & Belmans, Ronnie & D'haeseleer, William, 2011. "Determining optimal electricity technology mix with high level of wind power penetration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2231-2238, June.
- Mendes, Carla & Soares, Isabel, 2014. "Renewable energies impacting the optimal generation mix: The case of the Iberian Electricity Market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 23-33.
- Pattupara, Rajesh & Kannan, Ramachandran, 2016. "Alternative low-carbon electricity pathways in Switzerland and it’s neighbouring countries under a nuclear phase-out scenario," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 152-168.
- Li, Gong & Shi, Jing & Qu, Xiuli, 2011. "Modeling methods for GenCo bidding strategy optimization in the liberalized electricity spot market–A state-of-the-art review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4686-4700.
- Sithole, H. & Cockerill, T.T. & Hughes, K.J. & Ingham, D.B. & Ma, L. & Porter, R.T.J. & Pourkashanian, M., 2016. "Developing an optimal electricity generation mix for the UK 2050 future," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 363-373.
- Cleary, Brendan & Duffy, Aidan & Bach, Bjarne & Vitina, Aisma & O’Connor, Alan & Conlon, Michael, 2016. "Estimating the electricity prices, generation costs and CO2 emissions of large scale wind energy exports from Ireland to Great Britain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 38-48.
- Erik Canton & Jan In't Veld & Romanos Priftis, . "Quarterly Report on the Euro Area (QREA), Vol.15, No.1 (2016)," Quarterly Report on the Euro Area (QREA), Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Totschnig, G. & Hirner, R. & Müller, A. & Kranzl, L. & Hummel, M. & Nachtnebel, H.-P. & Stanzel, P. & Schicker, I. & Formayer, H., 2017. "Climate change impact and resilience in the electricity sector: The example of Austria and Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 238-248.
- Brand, Bernhard & Missaoui, Rafik, 2014. "Multi-criteria analysis of electricity generation mix scenarios in Tunisia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 251-261.
- Aryanpur, Vahid & Shafiei, Ehsan, 2015. "Optimal deployment of renewable electricity technologies in Iran and implications for emissions reductions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 882-893.
- Li, Francis G.N. & Trutnevyte, Evelina, 2017. "Investment appraisal of cost-optimal and near-optimal pathways for the UK electricity sector transition to 2050," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 89-109.
- Oseni, Musiliu O. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2016. "The promotion of regional integration of electricity markets: Lessons for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 628-638.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Kopanos, Georgios M. & Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2014. "A spatial multi-period long-term energy planning model: A case study of the Greek power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 456-482.
- Kim, Hyunsook & Kim, Sung-Soo, 2010. "The optimal fuel mix and redistribution of social surplus in the Korean power market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7929-7938, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauleón, Ignacio, 2019. "Optimizing individual renewable energies roadmaps: Criteria, methods, and end targets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S., 2018. "Incorporating unit commitment aspects to the European electricity markets algorithm: An optimization model for the joint clearing of energy and reserve markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 235-258.
- Rode, David C. & Fischbeck, Paul S., 2018. "Reduced-form models for power market risk analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 1640-1655.
- Nikolaos Koltsaklis & Athanasios Dagoumas, 2018. "Policy Implications of Power Exchanges on Operational Scheduling: Evaluating EUPHEMIA’s Market Products in Case of Greece," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-26, October.
- Mahdavi, Sajad & Hemmati, Reza & Jirdehi, Mehdi Ahmadi, 2018. "Two-level planning for coordination of energy storage systems and wind-solar-diesel units in active distribution networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 954-965.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy planning; Monte Carlo; Dynamic energy offers; Electricity trade; CO2 emissions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:205:y:2017:i:c:p:1364-1383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.