Optimal Wind Power Deployment in Europe - a Portfolio Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roques, Fabien & Hiroux, Céline & Saguan, Marcelo, 2010. "Optimal wind power deployment in Europe--A portfolio approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3245-3256, July.
- F. Roques & C. Hiroux & M. Saguan, 2010. "Optimal wind power deployment in Europe-A portfolio approach," Post-Print hal-00716345, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bar-Lev, Dan & Katz, Steven, 1976. "A Portfolio Approach to Fossil Fuel Procurement in the Electric Utility Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 933-947, June.
- Faúndez, Pablo, 2008. "Renewable energy in a market-based economy: How to estimate its potential and choose the right incentives," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1768-1774.
- Finon Dominique & Yannick Perez, 2007. "Transactional Efficiency and Public Promotion of Environmental Technologies: The Case of Renewable Energies in the Electric Industry," Post-Print hal-01660443, HAL.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Ehrenmann, Andreas & Butler, Lucy & Cust, Jim & Hoexter, Harriet & Keats, Kim & Kreczko, Adam & Sinden, Graham, 2008.
"Space and time: Wind in an investment planning model,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1990-2008, July.
- Neuhoff, K. & Ehrenmann, A. & Butler, L. & Cust, J. & Hoexter, H. & Keats, K. & Kreczko,A. & Sinden, G., 2006. "Space and Time: Wind in an Investment Planning Model," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0620, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Agnolucci, Paolo, 2007. "Wind electricity in Denmark: A survey of policies, their effectiveness and factors motivating their introduction," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 951-963, June.
- Drake, Ben & Hubacek, Klaus, 2007. "What to expect from a greater geographic dispersion of wind farms?--A risk portfolio approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3999-4008, August.
- Awerbuch, Shimon, 2000. "Investing in photovoltaics: risk, accounting and the value of new technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 1023-1035, November.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Sinden, Graham, 2007. "Characteristics of the UK wind resource: Long-term patterns and relationship to electricity demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 112-127, January.
- H. Brett Humphreys & Katherine T. McClain, 1998. "Reducing the Impacts of Energy Price Volatility Through Dynamic Portfolio Selection," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 107-131.
- Fouquet, Doerte & Johansson, Thomas B., 2008. "European renewable energy policy at crossroads--Focus on electricity support mechanisms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4079-4092, November.
- Roques, Fabien A. & Newbery, David M. & Nuttall, William J., 2008. "Fuel mix diversification incentives in liberalized electricity markets: A Mean-Variance Portfolio theory approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1831-1849, July.
- Resch, Gustav & Held, Anne & Faber, Thomas & Panzer, Christian & Toro, Felipe & Haas, Reinhard, 2008. "Potentials and prospects for renewable energies at global scale," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4048-4056, November.
More about this item
Keywordswind power variability; geographic diversification; optimal portfolios; mean variance portfolio theory;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-06-03 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2009-06-03 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsc:rsceui:2009/17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RSCAS web unit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rsiueit.html .