How do correlations of crude oil prices co-move? A grey correlation-based wavelet perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reboredo, Juan C., 2011. "How do crude oil prices co-move?: A copula approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 948-955, September.
- Ramsey James B. & Lampart Camille, 1998. "The Decomposition of Economic Relationships by Time Scale Using Wavelets: Expenditure and Income," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Dar, Arif Billah & Bhanja, Niyati, 2013. "Oil price and exchange rates: A wavelet based analysis for India," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 414-422.
- M. A. Adelman, 1984. "International Oil Agreements," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-10.
- Jammazi, Rania, 2012. "Cross dynamics of oil-stock interactions: A redundant wavelet analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 750-777.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2013. "On the relationship between oil price and exchange rates: A wavelet analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 502-507.
- Lin, Sue J. & Lu, I.J. & Lewis, Charles, 2007. "Grey relation performance correlations among economics, energy use and carbon dioxide emission in Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1948-1955, March.
- Shawkat M. Hammoudeh & Bradley T. Ewing & Mark A. Thompson, 2008. "Threshold Cointegration Analysis of Crude Oil Benchmarks," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 79-96.
- James Ramsey, 1999. "Regression over Timescale Decompositions: A Sampling Analysis of Distributional Properties," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 163-184.
- Gallegati, Marco, 2012. "A wavelet-based approach to test for financial market contagion," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3491-3497.
- Benhmad, François, 2012. "Modeling nonlinear Granger causality between the oil price and U.S. dollar: A wavelet based approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1505-1514.
- Marco GALLEGATI, "undated". "A Wavelet Analysis of MENA stock markets," Middle East and North Africa 330400031, EcoMod.
- Ramazan Genay & Faruk Seļuk & Brandon Whitcher, 2003. "Systematic risk and timescales," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 108-116.
- Benhmad, François, 2013. "Dynamic cyclical comovements between oil prices and US GDP: A wavelet perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 141-151.
- Weiner, R.J., 1991. "Is the World Oil Market "One Great Pool?"," Papers 9120, Laval - Recherche en Energie.
- Fattouh, Bassam, 2010. "The dynamics of crude oil price differentials," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 334-342, March.
- Robert J. Weiner, 1991. "Is the World Oil Market "One Great Pool"?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 95-108.
- Bhar, Ramaprasad & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Thompson, Mark A., 2008. "Component structure for nonstationary time series: Application to benchmark oil prices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 971-983, December.
- Ramsey, James B. & Lampart, Camille, 1998. "Decomposition Of Economic Relationships By Timescale Using Wavelets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 49-71, March.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
- Kim, Sangbae & In, Francis, 2007. "On the relationship between changes in stock prices and bond yields in the G7 countries: Wavelet analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 167-179, April.
- Crowley, Patrick M., 2005. "An intuitive guide to wavelets for economists," Research Discussion Papers 1/2005, Bank of Finland.
- Crowley, Patrick M., 2010. "Long cycles in growth : explorations using new frequency domain techniques with US data," Research Discussion Papers 6/2010, Bank of Finland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Sun, Xiaoqi, 2017. "Do oil price asymmetric effects on the stock market persist in multiple time horizons?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 1799-1808.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:617-629 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:490:y:2018:i:c:p:1501-1512 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:9:p:3298-:d:169990 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:220:y:2018:i:c:p:480-495 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Hao, Xiaoqing, 2016. "Unveiling heterogeneities of relations between the entire oil–stock interaction and its components across time scales," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 70-80.
- Jiang, Meihui & An, Haizhong & Jia, Xiaoliang & Sun, Xiaoqi, 2017. "The influence of global benchmark oil prices on the regional oil spot market in multi-period evolution," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 742-752.
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Huang, Xuan, 2016. "Time–frequency featured co-movement between the stock and prices of crude oil and gold," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 444(C), pages 985-995.
- Shupei Huang & Haizhong An & Xiangyun Gao & Meihui Jiang, 2016. "The Multiscale Fluctuations of the Correlation between Oil Price and Wind Energy Stock," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-14, June.
- Jia, Xiaoliang & An, Haizhong & Sun, Xiaoqi & Huang, Xuan & Wang, Lijun, 2017. "Evolution of world crude oil market integration and diversification: A wavelet-based complex network perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 1788-1798.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:5:p:656-:d:97987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Wen, Shaobo & Jia, Xiaoliang, 2016. "The global interdependence among oil-equity nexuses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 259-271.
- repec:eee:appene:v:221:y:2018:i:c:p:122-130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Wen, Shaobo & Hao, Xiaoqing, 2017. "The multiscale impact of exchange rates on the oil-stock nexus: Evidence from China and Russia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 667-678.
More about this item
KeywordsOil prices; Dynamic correlation; Grey correlation; Wavelet;
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:49:y:2015:i:c:p:588-598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.