On the relationship between changes in stock prices and bond yields in the G7 countries: Wavelet analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramsey James B. & Lampart Camille, 1998. "The Decomposition of Economic Relationships by Time Scale Using Wavelets: Expenditure and Income," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Campbell, John Y & Ammer, John, 1993.
" What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 3-37, March.
- John Y. Campbell & John Ammer, 1991. "What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns," NBER Working Papers 3760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, J.Y. & Ammer, J., 1991. "What Moves The Stock And Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition For Long- Term Asset Returns," Papers 127, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Ammer, John & Campbell, John, 1993. "What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns," Scholarly Articles 3382857, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Beltratti, Andrea E., 1992.
"Stock prices and bond yields : Can their comovements be explained in terms of present value models?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 25-46, October.
- Robert J. Shiller & Andrea E. Beltratti, 1990. "Stock Prices and Bond Yields: Can Their Comovements Be Explained in Terms of Present Value Models?," NBER Working Papers 3464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller & Andrea E. Beltratti, 1990. "Stock Prices and Bond Yields: Can Their Co-Movements Be Explained in Terms of Present Value Models?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 953, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paul Harrison & Harold H. Zhang, 1999. "An Investigation Of The Risk And Return Relation At Long Horizons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 399-408, August.
- In, Francis & Batten, Jonathan & Kim, Sangbae, 2003. "What drives the term and risk structure of Japanese bonds?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 518-541.
- Ramsey, James B. & Zhang, Zhifeng, 1997. "The analysis of foreign exchange data using waveform dictionaries," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 341-372, December.
- Ramazan Genay & Faruk Seļuk & Brandon Whitcher, 2003. "Systematic risk and timescales," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 108-116.
- Breen, William & Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1989. " Economic Significance of Predictable Variations in Stock Index Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1177-1189, December.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Asset returns and inflation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 115-146, November.
- Campbell, John Y., 1987. "Stock returns and the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 373-399, June.
- Ramsey, James B. & Lampart, Camille, 1998. "Decomposition Of Economic Relationships By Timescale Using Wavelets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 49-71, March.
- Ramsey, J.B., 2002. "Wavelets in Economics and Finance: Past and Future," Working Papers 02-02, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Chan, Kam C. & Norrbin, Stefan C. & Lai, Pikki, 1997.
"Are stock and bond prices collinear in the long run?,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 193-201.
- Chan, K.C. & Norrbin, S.C. & Pereira, F., 1993. "Are Stock and Bond Prices Collinear in the Long Run," Working Papers 1993_09_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Francis In & Sangbae Kim, 2006. "The Hedge Ratio and the Empirical Relationship between the Stock and Futures Markets: A New Approach Using Wavelet Analysis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 799-820, March.
- Kim Sangbae & In Francis Haeuck, 2003. "The Relationship Between Financial Variables and Real Economic Activity: Evidence From Spectral and Wavelet Analyses," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1989. "Business conditions and expected returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-49, November.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1990. " Stock Returns, Expected Returns, and Real Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1089-1108, September.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramsey James B., 2002. "Wavelets in Economics and Finance: Past and Future," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-29, November.
- Engsted, Tom & Tanggaard, Carsten, 2001. "The Danish stock and bond markets: comovement, return predictability and variance decomposition," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 243-271, July.
- Chunsheng Zhou, 1996. "Stock market fluctuations and the term structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-3, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baruník, Jozef & Kočenda, Evžen & Vácha, Lukáš, 2016.
"Gold, oil, and stocks: Dynamic correlations,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 186-201.
- Jozef Barunik & Evzen Kocenda & Lukas Vacha, 2013. "Gold, Oil, and Stocks," Papers 1308.0210, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Baruník, Jozef & Kočenda, Evžen & Vácha, Lukáš, 2014. "Gold, Oil, and Stocks," FinMaP-Working Papers 14, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Jozef BarunÃk & EvÅ¾en Kocenda & LukÃ¡Å¡ VÃ¡cha, 2015. "Gold, Oil, and Stocks: Dynamic Correlations," CESifo Working Paper Series 5333, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jia, Xiaoliang & An, Haizhong & Fang, Wei & Sun, Xiaoqi & Huang, Xuan, 2015. "How do correlations of crude oil prices co-move? A grey correlation-based wavelet perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 588-598.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Zakaria, Muhammad & Rehman, Mobeen ur & Ahmed, Tanveer & Khalid, Saniya, 2014. "Co-Movement of Pakistan Stock Exchange with India, S&P 500 and Nikkei 225: A Time-frequency (Wavelets) Analysis," MPRA Paper 60579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Refk Selmi & Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Rangan Gupta, 2017. "A Copula-Based Quantile-on-Quantile Regression Approach to Modeling Dependence Structure between Stock and Bond Returns: Evidence from Historical Data of India, South Africa, UK and US," Working Papers 201747, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11403-016-0176-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimic, Nebojsa & Kiviaho, Jarno & Piljak, Vanja & Äijö, Janne, 2016. "Impact of financial market uncertainty and macroeconomic factors on stock–bond correlation in emerging markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 41-51.
- Atilla Cifter & Alper Ozun, 2008. "Multiscale Systematic Risk: an Application on the ISE-30," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 10(38), pages 1-24.
- Rahul Deora & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Time-scale comovement between the Indian and world stock markets," Working Papers 2014-242, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Ferrer, Román & Bolós, Vicente J. & Benítez, Rafael, 2016. "Interest rate changes and stock returns: A European multi-country study with wavelets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-12.
- Alzahrani, Mohammed & Masih, Mansur & Al-Titi, Omar, 2014. "Linear and non-linear Granger causality between oil spot and futures prices: A wavelet based test," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(PA), pages 175-201.
- Khalfaoui, R. & Boutahar, M. & Boubaker, H., 2015. "Analyzing volatility spillovers and hedging between oil and stock markets: Evidence from wavelet analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 540-549.
- Cifter, Atilla & Ozun, Alper, 2007. "Multiscale Systematic Risk: An Application on ISE-30," MPRA Paper 2484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aloui, Chaker & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Hamida, Hela Ben, 2015. "Co-movement between sharia stocks and sukuk in the GCC markets: A time-frequency analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 69-79.
- Masih, Mansur & Alzahrani, Mohammed & Al-Titi, Omar, 2010. "Systematic risk and time scales: New evidence from an application of wavelet approach to the emerging Gulf stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 10-18, January.
- Silvo Dajcman, 2012. "The Dynamics of Return Comovement and Spillovers Between the Czech and European Stock Markets in the Period 1997–2010," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(4), pages 368-390, August.
- Yang, Lu & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2015. "Interdependence between the bond markets of CEEC-3 and Germany: A wavelet coherence analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 124-138.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:17:y:2007:i:2:p:167-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .